Start by marking “Zombie Moon” as Want to Read:
Zombie Moon

Zombie Moon

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  127 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Caleb Locke lived for one thing — killing zombies. And this man — this legend — was exactly what Samantha Wagner needed. In mist-shrouded alleys, hunted by zombies, haunted by fear, she vowed to find Caleb and convince him to help her. But she hadn't counted on falling in love….

Caleb kept his own secrets — like the one he couldn't hide when the moon was full. But his wolf
Published July 1st 2010 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Zombie Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombie Moon

Warm Bodies by Isaac MarionFlesh by Kylie ScottLove in the Time of the Dead by Tera ShanleySkin by Kylie ScottHans & Greta by Nicki Elson
Zombie Romance
80th out of 149 books — 260 voters
Zemindar by Valerie FitzgeraldZane by Jo RavenZylott Wars by Aubrey RossZylar's Moons by Ravyn WildeZylan Rebellion by Ravyn Wilde
Romance Novels Begining with the Letter Z
30th out of 33 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
After a promising start, this is a DNF - it's just not holding my attention.
JAC
I have decided to rewrite my review of this book because I felt that my original one was a little harsh. Its not that I feel differently about it but I don't have to be so hard with my description. So here we go. SPOILERS by the way....

I really really didn't like this book. It just was not for me. I found the main character Samantha to be ridiculously naive, wishy washy and it seemed as if she was guaranteed to always make the wrong decisions. She somehow never seemed to learn from any of her mi
Steph
Dec 27, 2010 Steph rated it liked it
Zombie Moon was a fun, quick read. Caleb Locke is a known zombie hunter. The blogs all say he's the one to go to for your zombie problems. Samantha Wagner's best friend, Allison, has been kidnapped by zombies and she's looking for Caleb to help her.

In this world that Devoti has created, lycanthropes are immune to the bite of zombies. This makes Caleb, a werewolf, the perfect hunter. He spots Sam battling zombies in an alley and cannot believe she's still alive. She doesn't seem to know what she'
Leila Anani
An interesting departure from Devoti's superbly original "unbound" series this has a werewolf zombie hunter fall for the human woman attempting to manipulate him into rescuing her friend, hostage of a mad scientist.

The story is pretty good, it's fast paced, exciting and refreshing to have a paranormal romance with zombie themes. I also thought that it really made sense to have werewolves hunting zombies since their lycanthropy makes them immune to zombie bites.

What I wasn't so keen on were the c
Katie
Sep 06, 2011 Katie rated it really liked it
This was a refreshing new paranormal story that I really loved. There were so many great things about it. (1) It is an actual paranormal romance--not one of those stories where 2 people are thrown together under extreme circumstances and have sex so many times that the chemicals produce by sex make their bodies thing they are in love. This one was cleverly plotted so that they came in contact and showed how their relationship built and how his otherness was reacted to. (2) It was shown more from ...more
Katie
Dec 27, 2010 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Melinda
May 21, 2011 Melinda rated it liked it
I don't usually pick up these types of series book, #91. However, I decided to read this one because I'm doing a challenge that needs zombie characters.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn't need to read the other 90 books to get the story. It seemed to be a stand alone, so had a beginning and and end.

This was a good story. I enjoyed the intrigue and some of the fight sequences. I likes how the hero and heroine pull things together. I had hoped for a little more on the side story with
Katelin Deushane
Nov 12, 2014 Katelin Deushane rated it liked it
It got better toward the end, but the beginning was definitely a little cheesy. Don't get me wrong; in these kind of books you expect a little cheese, but it got to the point that I thought maybe I should have brought the nachos and the pretzel. I really liked her Unbound series better.
Rachel
Jun 22, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Out of my giant collection of Harlequin Nocturne... this one is by far one of my favourites. I wish this book was longer, LOL.
Misty
Apr 01, 2013 Misty rated it really liked it
I liked the book it was different for sure. Lori Devoti did another excellent job and I really enjoy her Nocturnes.

Zombie Moon is about a zombie hunter, Caleb who is bent on avenging his family's death and even became a werewolf to do it. Werewolves are immune to zombie bites.

The heroine is Samantha her best friend has gone missing and the only way to get her back is to track down Caleb and convince him to help her.

If you don't mind dark reads, then you should definitly check out this book. Ther
Karagan
Devoti has a gift for torturing her male characters. And I relish it.

Coming from her Unbound series and being a fan of zombie flicks, I had my doubts on this one. Not everyone can pull off a good zombie story. But the beginning impressed me. With a strong, yet beautifully tortured character such as Caleb, I was drawn right in. My only disappointment would be that I would have liked a bit more detail in the deaths of his family but that's a missing element I can easily overlook.
Darcy
Oct 14, 2010 Darcy rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010, pnr, shifters, zombies
I picked up this book because I needed a "Z" book and I have enjoyed others by this author, there are worse reasons to pick up a book. This one was ok, nothing spectacular, but still an enjoyable read. One that was chock full of zombies, werewolves, and betrayal around every corner, and of course romance. The main characters were likable and together they were good too. If you are looking to read a zombie book with romance thrown in check this one out.
Bradley
May 01, 2011 Bradley rated it liked it
A bit gruesome for a romance. Haha. I wished for some blood and guts with my trashy romance. It does not combine quite so well. This book had a decent flow and was free of typos. It was the subject matter that was disgusting. Pick this one up if you want a howling good time with the creepy sound of 'Brains, brains!' carrying on in the background.
Stacie
Jul 19, 2010 Stacie added it
Caleb is a legend who goes around killing zombies. Samantha needs a zombie hunter to help her rescue one of her friends who is being held hostage. When Caleb meets Samantha, he recognizes her as his mate. But he has told her that he is a shiftshaper who turns to wolf during the full moon.
Wan
3.5 stars. It was good. Surprised me that I like it. Werewolfs and (man-made) Zombies who would have thought it would be entertaining. Quick read to finish my challenges. I enjoyed it nonetheless.
~Megan~
I can't help myself...I love zombies. I've not read many books with zombies in them, but this one had them everywhere you turned. It was a quick and fun read with a good romance.
Brenda
Sep 26, 2010 Brenda rated it really liked it
Zombie Moon is a quick fun read with brain eating action but also witty banter and some steamy romance to offset the undead antics.
Firemage
Aug 23, 2010 Firemage rated it it was amazing
it was actually a good book that has two of my favorite things, zombies and romance.
Jan 21, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: nocturne-read
This book was good though the author dragged out the ending a little. A quick read.
Xondra Day
May 25, 2013 Xondra Day rated it liked it
Not my type of zombies, but not a bad read.
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
Jul 31, 2010 Sarah ~Sehrenity~ marked it as unfinished
Shelves: didn-t-like
Couldn't get past the first couple of pages.
Ren Thompson
I can't do this anymore.
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
May 05, 2016
Lora
Lora rated it it was ok
May 04, 2016
Irmaria
Irmaria marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Elsie Dobrzanski
Elsie Dobrzanski rated it it was ok
Apr 21, 2016
Shannoya Blake
Shannoya Blake rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2016
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
  • Heiress to a Curse (Drakon Clan #1)
  • Lord of the Desert (Immortal Sheiks #1)
  • Incubus
  • Black Magic Lover
  • The Wolven (The Keepers Trilogy #3)
  • The Vampire's Kiss (Valorian Chronicles #5)
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons, #2)
  • The Quest (Warriors for the Light #3)
  • Lion Heart (Sentinels #2)
  • Damned (Witch Hunt #3)
  • Enemy Lover (Draicon Werewolves, #3)
  • Angel Slayer (Of Angels and Demons #1)
  • The Shifters (The Keepers Trilogy #2)
  • Last of the Ravens
  • The Guardian (Nightwalkers #1)
  • Nevermore (Guardians #2)
  • Poisoned Kisses (Mythica #3)
  • From the Mists of Wolf Creek
521916
Lori Devoti grew up in southern Missouri and attended college at the University of Missouri-Columbia where she earned a Bachelor of Journalism. She, however, made it clear to anyone who asked, she was not a writer; she worked for the dark sideadvertising. Now twenty years later, shes proud to declare herself a writer and visit her dark side occasionally by writing dark, sensual paranormal romance, ...more
More about Lori Devoti...