Start by marking “Montana Legacy” as Want to Read:
Montana Legacy

Montana Legacy (McCords #1)

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  340 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
They're the McCords...three rugged, sexy cowboy cousins who'll inherit the family range--if they seek the treasure hidden on it. But even more precious are the women who can tame their wild hearts...

She was the one person who shook Jesse McCord's quiet determination. She was the only one he ever let in, body and soul. Then suddenly Amy Parrish was gone and the oldest McCor
Published March 1st 2010 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Montana Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Montana Legacy

Sophia (FV)
RATING 3.5 STARS

Old Coot McCord spent his life searching for a fortune in gold rumored to be lost somewhere on the McCord Family’s 200,000 thousand acre ranch. When he died unexpectedly, his friends and family gather to mourn his death, including his grandsons Jesse, Wyatt and Zane. Old Coot wanted nothing more than for his grandson’s to reunite and mend old wounds, and for them to continue his lifelong search for the lost fortune. So, he has the last word on this matter by stating in his will t
Kelly Moran
Jan 18, 2010 Kelly Moran rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews
New York Times best-selling author Ruth Ryan Langan, under the pen R.C. Ryan, has written more than ninety fiction novels, both contemporary and historical in a career spanning more than twenty years. Other titles include: Montana Destiny, Montana Glory, Heart’s Delight, Paradise Falls, Ashes of Dreams, Cover Up, Wanted, Passions Law, Angel, Deception, and Nevada Nights. She has also co-authored books with Nora Roberts. She resides in Farmington Hills, Michigan.

Amy Parrish was the one person tha
Jo
Jul 14, 2014 Jo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I hate it when one half of a couple calls the other half "baby." There are SO MANY possible pet names out there, why does anyone have to infantilize their significant other? Some people can pull it off, but they are few, far between, and not in this book. It doesn't happen often, but it's among the most memorable bits of this book. My other complaint is how Ryan will use a peripheral character's perspective for, like, half a chapter and never return to it. But maybe I'm just nit-picking. I do th ...more
Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)
This was a very quick, fun read. Take three good looking cousins, a hidden treasure, a long ago love lost, and a mystery - and you have Montana Legacy. I enjoyed the way this story played out - and while I thought that I had the mystery figured out - I had it all but the key player. It was fun to be wrong and be surprised!

The cousins are reunited on the ranch when their grandfather, Coot, passes away. Jesse was the only one who had remained there his entire life. Wyatt and Zane had moved away a
Hannah M.
Montana Legacy, is the first book in R.C. Ryan’s McCord cousins trilogy. And while I’ll be waiting until November to find out what happens in the third book, I can tell you all about book one here.

Jesse McCord has been living on the Lost Nuggest ranch all his life. It’s a huge operation and he loves it to death, just like (most) of his ancestor’s did. But Coot, his grandfather, has just passed away and now it seems that the family is about to get back together. Jesse’s cousin’s are coming home f
Mary Gramlich
Sep 15, 2010 Mary Gramlich rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, danger and gold rush fever make for a winning combination!

Jesse McCord knew from birth he was a cowboy who loved the open spaces and hard work on his family ranch. Growing up with his cousins and the grandfather he adored made the life worthwhile everyday he came home tired and weary. But his cousins had left young and some hard feelings were developed but now they are back after their grandfather’s untimely death and the reunion is bittersweet. The other person back in his life is Amy Par
Gaby
Mar 12, 2010 Gaby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The McCord cousins were closer than brothers when they lived on their grandfather's sprawling cattle ranch in Montana. It was a working ranch and prosperous but the family's legacy also included a long lost treasure in buried gold. This treasure which was generally regarded as the McCord curse because of the obsession that fell on the different generations - each trying to find what had long been buried and lost.

The day of Gabriel McCord's funeral was painful for everyone, but particularly hard
Charles Raymond
Apr 11, 2011 Charles Raymond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for romance and a great story about life on a ranch then this is the book for you.

Written by R.C.Ryan "Montana Legacy" is a story about the McCord's, all cousins, who inherit a large ranch in Montana when their Grandfather dies. The story revolves around the protagonist, Jesse McCord who never left the ranch and has always lived there. All three cousins grew up together on the ranch and two left for personal resaons but are reunited when they return home for the funeral. All t
Holly
I thought the premise of this series sounded cute and decided to give it a try. Though I enjoyed the basic storyline and felt the romance had potential, there were a lot of mistakes throughout that marred my enjoyment. I'd say a lot of them were editing issues, though some were issues with writing itself.

My main complaint was the head-hopping. I don't think I've read a book that had more POV switches. On one page early in the book we were in 7 different character's heads. It was hard trying to k
Ashli Montgomery
Ryan's writing is very elementary. If I wrote a book, I fear this is how it would read...choppy with little development of the characters and situations. I expect romance novels to follow a recipe, but this was too formula for my taste.
Theresa
Mar 30, 2014 Theresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jesse McCord grew up on the Lost Nugget ranch in Montana raised by his grandfather Coot McCord. Legend has it somewhere on the Lost Nugget is a fortune in good lost by a past generation so Coot spend his whole life searching for it. Amy Parrish grew up on the ranch next door and has returned home years later. Jesse and Amy where high school sweet hearts and if they want to make a go of it now they have to work out what happened in the past. Very good, believable story. The author does a good job ...more
Debbie
Apr 30, 2011 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New author for me. Kind of slow at first, but I liked it more than I thought I would.
Heather
Apr 19, 2013 Heather rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this book should go along with the saying-"dont judge a book by its cover."
i got this book mainly because of the cover,i admit it. and i also was interested in it because of the whole 'cowboy' thing and the 'McCord gold.'
this book just proves my opinion on the whole 'modern cowboy' thing.i think true cowboys kind of died out in the 1800s.
&they didn't even find in the gold in here..or if i remember things correctly, they didn't even look for it.
-this is one of those boring authors who arent f
Anna-Lisa
Apr 12, 2012 Anna-Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, cowboys
I totally loved the story, the characters and the cozy feeling this wonderful novel gave me while reading it! Can't wait to go on with volume 2!

*** german review ***

Inhalt: Jesse McCord ist am Boden zerstört, als sein Großvater stirbt. Seine beiden Cousins, die mit ihm auf der Familienranch Lost Nugget aufgewachsen sind, kommen zur Beerdigung wieder nach Hause. Ewigkeiten haben sie sich nicht mehr gesehen und Jesse ist immer noch wütend auf sie. Ebenfalls kehrt Jesses große Liebe Amy zurück, die
Cheryl
Mar 22, 2010 Cheryl rated it liked it
Jesse McCord and his cousins have heard the stories that supposedly there is a fortune in McCord gold to be found. There grandfather searched for years but never found any as did many of the other generations, until the stories were regarded more as just that stories.

Amy Parrish left a long time ago. When she did, she took Jesse’s heart. She has now returned. Jesse isn’t sure he wants to give Amy another chance but he can’t deny the feelings he still has for her. Will Amy and Jesse finally have
Deb
Fell in love with the characters in this book. The search for gold was a bit goofy but it is what is the basis for the 3 books in the series.
Tonya Lucas
Apr 27, 2014 Tonya Lucas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the 1st book I ever read by R C Ryan's. I loved it. It's cute, witty, & with the added mystery in it. Can't wait to find more of her books. 5 star read!!!!
Kimberly
May 16, 2010 Kimberly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, romance
I won the second book in this series through First Reads and figured I should read the first one first. Montana Legacy was a solid western romance with a few plot twists and a mystery that kept it interesting and kept me reading. It's a very PG-13 story with nothing too racy between Amy and Jesse; a lot of the focus is also on the three cousins (Jesse, Wyatt, and Zane) and the family recovering after the loss of Coot the grandfather (I'm not giving anything away here--the story opens at the fune ...more
Dpic
Mar 14, 2015 Dpic rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable fluff
Katie
May 19, 2010 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
This book was pretty decent. I read this one since I was informed i needed to read it before "Montana Destiny" (which i won in firstreads)in order to understand everything that was going on. As romance stories go, this one wasn't that bad. Aside from one (and only one) rather risque scene about 2/3 of the way through the book, the rest of the book was just good storyline, which I liked. I'm curious to see how the search for the family gold plays out in the next book.
Susan Stahley
Apr 28, 2010 Susan Stahley rated it really liked it
I started and finished this book the same day. I didn't want to put it down. This book has a good plot line from romance to mystery.

Jesse McCord loved his Grandfather Coot and the land they lived on. Now the woman he loves came back into town and he has to wrestle with his feelings for her. When accidents starts happening and Amy is in danger, what happens next?

I recommend this book to anyone who likes a good romance and mystery.
Courtney
Apr 28, 2010 Courtney rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I'm so glad I won this book from the Goodreads contest. It was a nice, romantic modern western. I thought the storyline was good and I loved the three cousins. What girl doesn't enjoy reading about three sexy cowboys?!?! I wish there would have been a little more to the treasure hunt plot, but I know it will come into play in Zane and Wyatt's books. Will Aunt Cora find true love with Cal? I hope so. Can't wait to read book two!
Heidi
Jul 10, 2016 Heidi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
3.5 ...more
Jennifer Estep
Montana Legacy is the first book in a trilogy that centers around the hunt for a lost fortune in gold. When his grandfather dies, Jesse McCord finds himself taking up the old man's hunt for the missing McCord gold. Aiding him in his quest is his old flame, Amy Parrish, and all their old feelings quickly return -- as does a new threat. This contemporary romance has a great Montana setting and western vibe.
Shannon Renee
May 31, 2010 Shannon Renee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book. It's hard for me to find books with female lead characters I like. I liked Amy. I thought I had this book figured out, and then EERRRR! not! Its not often I'm wrong, so when I am, I am pleasantly suprised! Great read. I cannot wait to read the other two books in the series.
Deborah
May 19, 2010 Deborah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has been awhile since I have read a ruthiebabe book, but was looking forward to starting this new trilogy. Loved it. Lots of action, and handsome men, and strong women. And now, hours until work is done, and nothing on hand to read!!!!
Mollie *scoutrmom*
I won the second book in the series through a firstreads drawing, and liked it enough to get this one from paperbackswap. It was pleasant but nothing to write home about.
Susan Stahley
Oct 08, 2010 Susan Stahley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book by R. C. Ryan. I read this in one night simply because I couldn't put it down. The characters were believable and it was an easy to read book.
Maureen Hubley
Dec 16, 2013 Maureen Hubley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a new author for me and I did enjoy her book. I was able to get all 3 in the series at the used bookstore so I am starting the 2nd book tonite.
Mandie
Mar 31, 2010 Mandie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was much better than I thought it was going to be.
Something about a cow boy really does it for me :)
I'm looking forward to more in her series.
  • One Fine Cowboy
  • Make Mine a Bad Boy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #2)
  • Lucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
  • A Creed In Stone Creek (Montana Creeds, #5)
  • Wanted! (Sons of Chance, #1)
  • Ruthless Heart (Heart, #1)
  • A Cowboy Christmas (The Lost Sons Trilogy, #1)
  • Winter Woman
New York Times bestselling author R.C. Ryan has written more than ninety fiction novels, both contemporary and historical. Quite an accomplishment for someone who, after her fifth child started school, gave herself the gift of an hour a day to follow her dream to become a writer.

The Lost, an anthology of stories by J.D. Robb, Mary Blayney, Patricia Gaffney, and R.C. Ryan writing as Ruth Ryan Langa
More about R.C. Ryan...