Start by marking “Part of the Bargain \ To Wed and Protect” as Want to Read:
Part of the Bargain \ To Wed and Protect

Part of the Bargain \ To Wed and Protect

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  239 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
To heal the wounds left by a broken marriage and the death of her beloved stepson, Libby Kincaid returned to the ranch where she grew up. But instead of the solace she craved, she found Jess Barlowe--sexy, alluring...and mad as hell.For years Jess had been her constant opponent, and now malicious rumors tarnishing her reputation seemed only to enrage him further. But soon ...more
Published August 31st 2010 by Harlequin Books (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Part of the Bargain \ To Wed and Protect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Part of the Bargain \ To Wed and Protect

Wendy
Sep 13, 2010 Wendy rated it liked it
Usually I love LLM, but this one wasn't one of my favorites. I didn't like that Jess and Libby fought almost continually through out the book, even after they were supposedly together. Once you find confidence in someone you should have more faith in them when someone tells you something negative about them, in my opinion. Jess shows absolutely no confidence in Libby through most of the book and that drove me nuts. There didn't seem to be the depth of story that some of her other books have had. ...more
Patricia Solla
Oct 18, 2011 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, pbs
Two very interesting stories. Part of the Bargain is about a woman who returns home after death of her stepson and divorcing her husband. Mix in two brothers who believe they are in love with the same woman (and one of them is already married to another woman!). Mix in the ex showing up and you get more than you bargained for!
To Wed and Protect is completely different from the first story. Here we have a man showing up to fix a run down house occupied by a widow and her son. Well that's not comp
Rylie
Feb 27, 2015 Rylie rated it liked it
I don't like it when they fall into bed the way Jess and Libby did. However I loved Cassidy's story. Stories where children bring out the best in men are my weakness!
karen
Apr 01, 2016 karen rated it really liked it
The Barlowe men were a little to bull headed and jealous. The ending was good
S Miller
Jun 11, 2016 S Miller added it
Shelves: m
Used - Two copies in very good condition
PepsiGirl
Mar 31, 2013 PepsiGirl rated it really liked it
I reluctantly gave this four stars. But in reality, this story is more believable than most I read
Jess and Libby's relationship was quite volatile. One minute there going at it the next there screamimg at each other. And that is pretty realistic, especially of there is a lot of passion between two people. Even though it doesn't seem like a healthy relationship it is never boring. And neither are these two together.
NM
Aug 26, 2013 NM rated it did not like it
There are a lot of these free from the library, so I downloaded a few. LLM's writing seems wildly inconsistent. This particular book is full of crazy yo-yo characters who change personality faster than socks. I thought I missed a few chapters when the main characters engaged in sudden smoochies. Love/hate should still follow some logic. The situations are all around unbelievable, as are the relationships and interactions.
SweetSue
Dec 28, 2015 SweetSue rated it liked it
I'm only reviewing the bonus book by Carla Cassidy,To Wed and Protect. I couldn't even get started on the LLM story. I absolutely loved the way he was willing to do what needed to be done to protect her. I'm a sucker for the hero accepting and loving the heroine's children from a previous relationship.
Fernanda
Sep 08, 2013 Fernanda rated it it was ok
estou mesmo desolada!
gosto imenso dos livros da LLM por serem uma leitura agradável e engraçadas.
mas este desapontou-me imenso. uma historia meio desconexa, a trama muito básica, os personagens são lamechas, piegas, machistas e com envolvimento "emocional" muito questionável.

what a waste of time!
Kathy
Dec 04, 2012 Kathy rated it did not like it
I've enjoyed many of LLM's books but not this one.

Very little plot (and the little there was, was ridiculous), just fight followed by detailed sex scene. If this is your cup of tea, enjoy. Otherwise, skip it. I couldn't force myself to finish it.

Maggie
Nov 03, 2010 Maggie rated it liked it
So much conflict. Seems hard to understand why two people would stay together when there are so many trust issues. Kind of frustrating. Not up to the usual standard of this author. I could find myself getting into the second part of the book so I gave it up.
Julie Lence
Part of the Bargain is 2 short stories, one by Linda Lael Miller and the other by Carla Cassidy. Both were very good.
Tiffany
Jun 02, 2012 Tiffany rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-12
Mindless pool read. Mildless is the key word on this one. Another one of Alycia's flee market finds.
Janice
Aug 15, 2013 Janice rated it it was amazing
All of Mrs. Miller's books are a GREAT read!! Always worth read over again!
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Only read Part of the Bargain by LLM

Time Period: Modern
Location: USA

April Cronin
April Cronin rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Paris
Paris marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Beverly Ellis
Beverly Ellis rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Annamaria Baricz
Annamaria Baricz marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Lori Daley
Lori Daley marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Cristin Buckley-nelson
Cristin Buckley-nelson marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
J.S.
J.S. added it
Jul 23, 2016
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Catherine Wright
Catherine Wright marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
  • My Lady Beloved
  • Noelle
  • Wild Texas Rose (Whispering Mountain, #6)
  • Midnight Rider
  • Getting Lucky (Lucky, #3)
  • Everlasting Love
  • Married: The Virgin Widow (Gentlemen of Fortune, #1)
  • Disclosure: The McCaffertys: The McCaffertys: Slade\The McCaffertys: Randi (The McCaffertys, #3-4)
  • Shotgun Grooms
  • In Our Dreams
  • Mountain Wild (Wild, #3)
  • Eden
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...