Part of the Bargain: Part of the Bargain\To Wed and Protect

Part of the Bargain: Part of the Bargain\To Wed and Protect

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  185 ratings  ·  11 reviews
To heal the wounds left by a broken marriage and the death of her beloved stepson, Libby Kincaid returned to the ranch where she grew up. But instead of the solace she craved, she found Jess Barlowe--sexy, alluring...and mad as hell.For years Jess had been her constant opponent, and now malicious rumors tarnishing her reputation seemed only to enrage him further. But soon...more
Published August 31st 2010 by Harlequin (first published 1985)

Wendy
Usually I love LLM, but this one wasn't one of my favorites. I didn't like that Jess and Libby fought almost continually through out the book, even after they were supposedly together. Once you find confidence in someone you should have more faith in them when someone tells you something negative about them, in my opinion. Jess shows absolutely no confidence in Libby through most of the book and that drove me nuts. There didn't seem to be the depth of story that some of her other books have had....more
Patricia Solla
Two very interesting stories. Part of the Bargain is about a woman who returns home after death of her stepson and divorcing her husband. Mix in two brothers who believe they are in love with the same woman (and one of them is already married to another woman!). Mix in the ex showing up and you get more than you bargained for!
To Wed and Protect is completely different from the first story. Here we have a man showing up to fix a run down house occupied by a widow and her son. Well that's not comp...more
PepsiGirl
I reluctantly gave this four stars. But in reality, this story is more believable than most I read
Jess and Libby's relationship was quite volatile. One minute there going at it the next there screamimg at each other. And that is pretty realistic, especially of there is a lot of passion between two people. Even though it doesn't seem like a healthy relationship it is never boring. And neither are these two together.
Nicci
There are a lot of these free from the library, so I downloaded a few. LLM's writing seems wildly inconsistent. This particular book is full of crazy yo-yo characters who change personality faster than socks. I thought I missed a few chapters when the main characters engaged in sudden smoochies. Love/hate should still follow some logic. The situations are all around unbelievable, as are the relationships and interactions.
Fernanda
estou mesmo desolada!
gosto imenso dos livros da LLM por serem uma leitura agradável e engraçadas.
mas este desapontou-me imenso. uma historia meio desconexa, a trama muito básica, os personagens são lamechas, piegas, machistas e com envolvimento "emocional" muito questionável.

what a waste of time!
Kathy
I've enjoyed many of LLM's books but not this one.

Very little plot (and the little there was, was ridiculous), just fight followed by detailed sex scene. If this is your cup of tea, enjoy. Otherwise, skip it. I couldn't force myself to finish it.

Maggie
So much conflict. Seems hard to understand why two people would stay together when there are so many trust issues. Kind of frustrating. Not up to the usual standard of this author. I could find myself getting into the second part of the book so I gave it up.
Julie Lence
Part of the Bargain is 2 short stories, one by Linda Lael Miller and the other by Carla Cassidy. Both were very good.
Tiffany
Mindless pool read. Mildless is the key word on this one. Another one of Alycia's flee market finds.
Janice
All of Mrs. Miller's books are a GREAT read!! Always worth read over again!
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Only read Part of the Bargain by LLM

Time Period: Modern
Location: USA

Claira Peckham
Claira Peckham marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Stephanie Brush
Stephanie Brush marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Dove
Dove marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Cheryl Delaguila
Cheryl Delaguila marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Monica Garcia
Monica Garcia marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Melanie Kintzler
Melanie Kintzler marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Andmoragan
Andmoragan marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Lila
Lila marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
  • Everlasting Love
  • Lone Star Winter: The Winter Soldier\Cattleman's Pride
  • Tea and Destiny: Tea and Destiny\Light the Stars
  • Getting Lucky (Lucky, #3)
  • Wild Texas Rose (Whispering Mountain, #6)
  • Married: The Virgin Widow
  • Savannah Heat (Southern, #2)
  • Countdown to First Night
  • Cowboy Dad (The State of Parenthood #3)
  • Learning to Love: Sugar and Spice\Love by Degree
  • I'll Remember You (Hell Yeah!  Book Eleven)
  • A Husband of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho Series, #2)
  • Tall, Dark and Fearless (Tall, Dark and Dangerous #3-4)
  • Completely Smitten: Completely Smitten\Hers for the Weekend
  • The Mistress: The Mistress\Wanted: Mistress and Mother
As the daughter of a town marshal, Linda has come home to the western lifestyle that gave birth to one of today’s most successful authors. She left Washington years ago and pursued her wanderlust, living in Arizona and London and traveling the world. Now the author of more than 100 novels, the “First Lady of the West” is glad to be back home, writing contemporary and historical stories that have e...more
More about Linda Lael Miller...
Logan (Montana Creeds, #1) Dylan (Montana Creeds, #2) Tyler (Montana Creeds, #3) McKettrick's Luck (McKettrick Men, #1) (McKettricks, #6) High Country Bride (McKettrick, #1)