Start by marking “The Ladies of Zamora” as Want to Read:
The Ladies of Zamora

The Ladies of Zamora

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  1 review
The Ladies of Zamora tells the remarkable story of a scandal that occurred in a Spanish convent during the thirteenth century. Peter Linehan, the foremost expert on medieval Spain, expertly sets forth the details of the affair and shows how the effects were felt not just in Spain but throughout Europe, even as far as the papal curia.

Established in 1264 by two wealthy siste
Published April 21st 2004 by Penn State University Press (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Ladies of Zamora, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ladies of Zamora

Olivia
This book is so bad it's good. By which I mean to say that the scholarship is excellent, but speaks volumes about the scholar's viewpoint/time period/milieu without realizing it. I picked this up for some research I am doing for my own creative writing, but if you have any interest in nuns or Catholicism or just Spain/Portugal, get the book, get some wine, and combine the two, because you will enjoy it all the better for both.
The Medieval World Spain 1157-1300: A Partible Inheritance Spain, 1157-1300: A Partible Inheritance (A History of Spain) Spain 1157 - 1312: A Partible Inheritance Historical Memory and Clerical Activity in Medieval Spain and Portugal