Sands' Chronicle Vol. 6

Sands' Chronicle Vol. 6 (Sunadokei #6)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  371 ratings  ·  15 reviews
R to L (Japanese Style). Ann and Daigo begin dating other people. But can anyone take the place of her first love in Ann's heart? Then, Ann learns a surprising secret about her father's romantic life!
Paperback
Published 2008 by PT Elex Media Komputindo (first published January 1st 2005)

Sophia F
... I really don't know what to say anymore.
I have been ranting and raving about how frustrating Ann's decisions have been, and I was actually forgiving her for majority of this manga, but as soon as she realized that her one and only wish from oh-so-long ago is still remaining as her current wish, I was just like: "I'm done." I'm taking a break from ranting and screaming in caps in this review, (for this series, I still might scream with caps in other reviews).
Ann should really make up her min...more
Dylan
Laura Graves
When I began reading manga (which was only two months ago), I never expected to read something that was truly touching. I thought it would all be fun and cute. This series changes my mind completely about the type of manga I like. Sure, I enjoy reading funny manga like Special A or cute manga like Fruits Basket, but I enjoy reading manga with a realistic story line and deeper meaning much more. It’s just better that way. That’s what this series was for me and I can only hope I’ll find more like...more
Wednesday
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Killedbydrapery
I didn't like this one as much as the previous volume, but it still had it's moments. I really think Ann needs to figure out who she is individually, without a relationship, but I doubt that will ever happen considering that it's a Shojo Beat manga. :P
Sebbye
There are some chapters of this volume that I had already read when Sand Chronicles was serialized in the Shojo Beat magazine, but because I had not read the beginning of the story back then, I was not able to understand how intense these scenes were.
Sarah Maddaford
When Ann finally gives Fuji a chance, he's actually a model boyfriend. I just wish the story didn't veer away from the main paring, but it doesn't seem like it will go back. Now, I'm just hoping that they both find their ways to happiness. This book includes a fade out sex scene again, but other than that it is fairly gentle/clean whatever. There isn't any objectionable language or violence that I remember.
Kate
This series is way too melodramatic for me. I'm going to continue reading to the end, but it's not one I'd want to buy (thank goodness for libraries!) or reread, which is too bad because based on the first couple of volumes, I had higher hopes for the direction of the story.
Melissa
Nov 19, 2009 Melissa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Shojo fans
I'm personally a Fuji/Ann fan, so I quite liked this volume. ^_^ I think it's so adorable how much both Fuji and Daigo care for Ann. It's true that they both would like Ann for themselves, but more than that, they want Ann to be happy, which is so precious!
jenni  Ⓥ
Lauren
I wasn't to impressed with this series. I really thought I would like it more but nothing about it impressed me very much. Overall the only thing that was good about this magna was the drawing style.
Starbubbles
I'm a little tried of constantly reading "epilogues."
2 years later...
6 years later...

It makes it tough feeling like I'm reading a continous story with all of these gaps.
Emma
"I was so wrapped up in myself that I didn't notice the huge changes the people around me were going through. I didn't notice a thing."
Joy
It's amazing how this series just gets better and better.
Erik
Erik marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Makis
Makis added it
Jul 15, 2014
Kt
Kt added it
Jul 13, 2014
Keanna
Keanna marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
  • Honey Hunt, Vol. 2
  • High School Debut, Vol. 08  (High School Debut, #8)
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 12
  • Otomen, Vol. 2 (Otomen, #2)
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Volume 13
  • Crimson Hero, Volume 10
  • We Were There, Volume 4
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 3
  • Nana, Vol. 8 (Nana, #8)
Debut with "Sono Hanashi okotowari shimasu" in 1994 on Bessatsu Shoujo Comics.

Genres
Shoujo(17) Romance(14) Drama(11) School Life(6) Slice of Life(5) Sports(2) Comedy(2) Historical(1) Mystery(1) Mature(1) Gender Bender(1)

Japanese name: 芦原 妃名子
More about Hinako Ashihara...
Sand Chronicles, Vol. 1 (Sand Chronicles, #1) Sand Chronicles, Volume 2 Sand Chronicles, Volume 3 Sand Chronicles, Vol. 4 Sand Chronicles, Volume 5