Start by marking “Colters' Lady (Colters' Legacy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Colters' Lady (Colters' Legacy, #2)

Colters' Lady (Colters' Legacy #2)

4.02  ·  Rating Details ·  9,170 Ratings  ·  287 Reviews
Can their love give her the strength to overcome the tragedy in her past?

Colters' Legacy, Book 2

When police officer Seth Colter sees the delicate, shabbily dressed beauty in line at the soup kitchen where he's serving, he's gut shot over the idea of her being on the streets cold and alone. More baffling is the dark, possessive instinct that tells him she belongs to him.

For
Published June 1st 2010 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd (first published May 29th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Colters' Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Colters' Lady

Auntee
Jun 07, 2010 Auntee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of "Colters' Woman"
Not as bad as I'd feared. You have to be able to put aside a lot of questions, not think "Well why didn't they do that?" and "How come they..." and "What do they see in..." and "How could she..." and just let yourself be entertained by a story where women (or should I say the woman) is placed on a pedestal and worshipped, doesn't have to lift a finger (unless she wants to) and her every whim (including sexual whims) is met by three hunky brothers whose only goal in life seems to be to please the ...more
seton
Dec 23, 2014 seton rated it liked it
Shelves: h-needs-to-die
This story is about the second generation of the Colters, after Colters' Woman, Colters' Wife, and Callie's Meadow. The heroes are the Colters' three sons. The oldest son sees our heroine, Lily, in a soup kitchen and take her home since she is homeless. Unfortunately, his two younger brother see Lily too and want her also. They soon realize that they might have to follow the family tradition (practiced by their parents and grandparents) of sharing one woman.

Bottom line, this was just okay. The p
P
Jun 20, 2015 P rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
เปนนิยายทีอานแลวรูสึกวาตัวเองอยูผิดทีผิดทางไปหมด ขนาดโตะเกาอีในเรืองเรายังคิดวาขวางหูขวางตาเราเลย 555 นางเอกเปนผูหญิงสะออนสะแอน ครังแรกทีเจอกับพระเอก(คนที 1) นางกวิงหนีเขาหาดงกระสุน เลยถูกยิงซะ พระเอก(คนที 2)เลยมาชวย พอจับตัวปุบ นางหนามืดทันที แลวกคิดวา ... เลือด เลือดมาจากไหน !? ไมนะ นีฉันโดนยิงหรอเนีย (คนอานถอนหายใจรอบที 30) จากนันพระเอกกพานางเอกกลับมาบานเพือเจอพระเอก(คนที 3) แต...ชากอน !! อยาเพิงคิดวาทังสีจะประกอบกิจกรรมเขาจังหวะหลังจากนัน ไมเลย มายยยยย !! เลมนีมีการพานางเอกไปพบพอแมสามี กราบส ...more
Sparklybearsy
May 30, 2010 Sparklybearsy rated it really liked it
Rated 4.5
I couldn't have been more excited when i was offered the chance to read Colters' Lady by Maya Banks. I'm very much on Team Colter

Yes this book is has the same premise as CW did, three Colter men and one woman. But that is where the similarites end. The one thing i thought was lacking in CW was how the men decided to share a woman in the first place we never saw that, and in Colter's Lady i got it. None of the brothers had prepared for falling for the same woman despite having three fat
jenjn79
Jun 23, 2010 jenjn79 rated it really liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
I enjoyed this book. I know it's not perfect by any means, but it just worked for me. Sometimes that happens.

Series Note:
This book is a sequel to "Colters Woman"...I wouldn't say its necessary to read that one first, but I think it'd be helpful.

Summary:
Some thirty years after there parents set on a path of an unconventional relationship (one woman, three brothers), their three sons are making their way in the world, never planning to follow in their parents' footsteps. But then Seth, a Denver co
PJ
3 'Colter Bros to Share' = 3 Stars
Book 1 worked pretty well. Book 2 not so much. The brothers aren't as close and they don't seem so eager to fair and square share, each more set on staking his own claim to woo her individually.

So their backhanded wooing to claim their "prize" without bothering to bond as brothers together first in her "best" interest just didn't work for me...especially seeing how skittish she was with her messed up past.

Worth a listen, just beware it's not as good as Book 1.
Jenna
Ugh I don't know why I tried the sequel. This series is not for me.

Shera (Book Whispers)
With the first book, Colters’ Woman, it felt as if the sex scenes took over and left the remaining plot threads unwoven. I wanted to feel like the plot and the resulting sex actually went together, instead of the book relying on the foursome. The promise was there for the first book, and I wanted to hold onto that promise.

Lily has been living on the streets in Denver for three years. She's just trying to survive and forget the sins of her past. That’s when Officer Seth steps in to save Lily. Imm
Laura V.
Lily es maleable, más niña que adulta. Los Colter hijo, bueno, no los veo cómodos con el acuerdo. En lo absoluto. Ellos no lo querían hacer, pero como está en el gen Colter, es inevitable (pura mierda) querer compartir a Lily.

Seth es el que más sale perdiendo. Él la encuentra primero, pero rápidamente la pierde. Michael y Dillon la "tienen" más que él, y él siempre queda a lo último y en el olvido (awful).

Vemos más a los Colter padre, (con la paternidad múltiple de Ryan demostrada, no lo dice l
Jacqueline
Jan 14, 2012 Jacqueline marked it as dnf
Read the first one but just couldn't buy it this time around. Gotta give me some reason 3 brothers would not each want their own woman other than "just because."
Carol (Mocha)
Oct 22, 2013 Carol (Mocha) rated it really liked it
Shelves: menage, maya-banks
I am not a fan of menage. But Mayas books are written so well and I am loving them. The stories are sweet and poignant and loving. Thank you Maya!!!
Gisele
Apr 28, 2016 Gisele rated it it was ok
Hummm. I felt like the boys were really uncomfortable sharing Lily, among other things. Wierd. LOL.
ALPHAreader
Sep 13, 2010 ALPHAreader rated it did not like it
Maya Bank’s ‘Colter’s Woman’ was the first erotica story I ever read, so I have a bit of a soft spot for it.
In that first book Maya Banks introduced three very unusual brothers. Adam, Ethan and Ryan Colter were three men who grew up in a family with three dads and one mother – and that family dynamic stayed with them into adulthood and became their ideal family unit. Then Holly stepped into their lives to fill the role of wife for the three Colter’s.

This sequel, ‘Colter’s Lady’ is set a few year
Ally
Jun 30, 2010 Ally rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, 2010
Police officer Seth Colter got shot during duty and is on leave, during his leave he helps out at a soup kitchen. While Seth is serving he see’s Lily and he’s horrified over the idea of her being on the streets cold and alone. More baffling is the dark, possessive instinct that tells him she belongs to him. For Lily, home means a secluded nook in an alley until Seth offers her a place to stay. Seth is convinced Lily is the one. The problem is, when his brothers lay eyes on her, the same primitiv ...more
Aղցela W.
Spoiler Alert Ahead Read at Your Own Risk This was a really good book hot and sweet. This book takes place 30 years after the first book. Lily Weston has been homeless for three years after a tragic event in her life that caused her to lose something very close to her heart after visiting a soup kitchen she meets Seth Colter. Seth is a cop in Denver he volunteers at the Soup kitchen severing the homeless when he sees Lily and he can't believe is eyes so he follows her to an alley where she is ...more
Dominus~
Feb 13, 2014 Dominus~ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Obviously, it grew better. The Colters' series I mean. Doesn't mean this is my fave you don't need to read the first one and go straight here. I still think you have to read the first one because well... it's a freaking series and you start from the first. Plus it's really good. But this one is better.
The problem with people is, when a story has been tagged as about sex or eroticism they all have their judgments already. Some just looked and looked for the sex and some doesn't even give it a cha
PepperP0t
I expected more of the Colter Brothers and Holly, but I got Colter Brothers 2.0 as their kids are all grown up and in the world on their own. This easy to get into read flowed just as effortlessly as the previous installments. While mom and the dads beam at their offspring following in their footsteps they also provide a very strong bridge from the earlier books with their unusual family structure.

If you are unable to unable to appreciate a polygamous relationship and or sex scenes with multipl
Brenda (b)
04/22/2011 update at 39.0%: "If sex was all I wanted, I'd have you naked and underneath me right now instead of having one of those sensitive conversations that make men's testicles shrink."

Maya Banks writes menage stories very well. Three brothers and one homeless lady, none of them expected to be in a multi-partner relationship. Seth, Michael and Dillon each fall in love with Lily when they meet her, and she returns their feelings. I liked the characters and enjoyed their journey to happiness.
Arys
Mar 06, 2015 Arys rated it liked it
Colter's Lady by Maya Banks was, for me, not as great as the first. Lily and the guys Seth, Dillon and Michael are great characters. I enjoyed how they each were against the idea of being like their dads but once they saw Lily, did a 180. (view spoiler) ...more
Dorel
Jun 30, 2015 Dorel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this 3rd book's story line. This book's story line was sad but good. i loved the hot & steamy scenes. I loved Seth, Michael, & Dillon. The sons are nothing like their dads. I loved all the things Seth, Michael, & Dillon did with their lives. My heart broke for Lily. I loved Lily's strength in this story. I loved the ending. Awesome job Ms. Banks.
Booklover, Indianapolis
(June) 3.5* Not quite as good as the original - nice to catch up w/Holly and her men, but their sons are just not quite as intense. Of course, these books are so over-the-top-never-gonna-happen (but if they did seems to me they can only happen in a small town in the middle of nowhere!) - but they are fun - and hot!
Barkha
Jun 29, 2015 Barkha rated it it was ok
Sometimes I like to blindly barge into books, without reading any description. I want to be surprised. Sometimes this surprise is of a negative variety.
Carla
Oct 11, 2014 Carla rated it really liked it
Well i liked this book, it was really close to the first one, and felt a little bit rushed, but overall, good book!

Tanya Mayes
Dec 04, 2012 Tanya Mayes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica
Enjoyable read but the boys got to get on their fathers level.
Asounani
Dec 21, 2016 Asounani rated it liked it
Me gusto bastante este, fue más creible el proceso en que tardan enamorandose y acoplandose a estar juntos.
Candice
Oct 23, 2016 Candice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced.

Although this book was similar to book one, MMMF, it was still interesting. I liked Lily's tenacity and her relationship with the guys. Fun series.
Brickley Jules
Dec 29, 2016 Brickley Jules rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, 2016
Maya continues the steaminess from book one on in this second story in the series. And her inventiveness in her characters back story had me in tears.
Bookworm136
Dec 24, 2016 Bookworm136 rated it it was ok
Better plot, then the last one. Still on my "why-did-I-read-this-book-list".
Mary
Oct 08, 2016 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Next generation

This time the sons of Holly and her men. Holly and her men make important appearances to help guide and be a reassurance to their sons and their lady. Another new favorite.
Jessica Alcazar
Jan 22, 2016 Jessica Alcazar rated it it was amazing
HOLY BEGEESUS!
(full review later)

OK, so now I'm ready to do a full review of this series as it stands at this time. meaning I have read all the books presently published as of today.

First I'd like to say that over all, it was a phenomenal family story. I laughed and cried and laughed and cried through most of the books. They were all very touching.

As for the unique lifestyle of the Colter men, the boys didn't get a very good character exploration in their story. It was told to us that the father
Recommendations for Contemporary Erotic Romance 5 31 Aug 29, 2014 06:58AM
The World of Maya...: * 2. Colters' Lady 16 35 Dec 17, 2013 06:17AM
  • Two to Love (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #2)
  • Creation of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #3)
  • For the Love of Anna (The Town of Pearl, #1)
  • Their One and Only
  • Northern Exposure (Compass Brothers, #1)
  • Heavenly Angel (Divine Creek Ranch, #3)
  • Patton's Way (Cattleman's Club, #1)
  • Belonging to Them (Daly Way #1)
  • Blackmailed (Blackmailed #1)
  • Good Horses, Fast Cars and Real Men
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...

Colters' Legacy (5 books)
  • Colters' Woman (Colters' Legacy, #1)
  • Colters' Daughter (Colters' Legacy, #3)
  • Colters' Promise (Colters' Legacy, #4)
  • Colters' Gift (Colters' Legacy, #5)

“You knew she was the one. I mean, the moment you saw her.

Yeah. Kind of a cross between an 'I'm fucked' and a being struck by lightning sort of thing.”
4 likes
“If it helps you. I forgive you. But i have learned in recent weekd that seeking forgiveness from others is meaningless unless you can forgive yourself.” 1 likes