Weep No More My Lady

Weep No More My Lady

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  9,556 ratings  ·  192 reviews
Elizabeth Lange has arrived at Cypress Point Spa in Pebble Beach, California, weary of heart and soul. Still grieving for her beloved sister, a famous actress who plunged to her death from her Manhattan penthouse, Elizabeth is determined to unearth the truth about how Leila died. Dashing multimillionaire Ted Winters stands accused of her murder, but Elizabeth has doubts.
Published May 25th 2000 by Simon & Schuster (first published January 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Weep No More My Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weep No More My Lady

Ashleigh
Aug 17, 2009 Ashleigh rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
Recommended to Ashleigh by: Mother
Jessica
Marj
Lauren S.
This is one of my favortie mystery books. I never saw the end coming. And thats what makes it great. Its full of twists and turn ands secrets that keep you guessing. It is extremely well done to make the ending exciting. This also makes the rest of the book suspenseful with clues about different characters dropped here and there.
It also draws you in because of the beginning. The young life/conditions lived in it displays for these girls is deplorable really at best. But then they get out and w...more
Connie
I finished this book today and liked it very much. I did guess who had murdered Leila, but still enjoyed how everything was tied together. This one had Alvirha Meehan in it and I am pretty sure this is the first book that she was introduced in. She is quite the character. The only complaint I have and it is a minor one, is that some of the sentences appear to be choppy. But I did like the book and plan to read more by this author.
Zaira
This book was so fantastic! I mean, of course it was, but wow! This is the very first of Mary Higgins Clark that I've read and I'm so happy I started. No going back after this.

Elizabeth Lange is getting read to testify in court against her late sister's fiance and is invited to a wonderfully fancy spa to relax before going. All kind of trouble happens, secrets unearthed, and lots of glamorous characters find themselves in the middle of a murder mystery.

I loved all of the different point of views...more
Alida arabelle
Marilyn
I have read almost all of Mary Higgins Clark's books. I DO NOT read those by her daughter Carol nor those that were co-authored by Carol. The daughter is NOT the writer that Mary is. I have enjoyed almost all of Mary Higgins Clark's books though there were a couple that seems far too similar. I suppose that can be a problem when you are trying to put out so many books. There was also ONE book where a woman was buried alive and that freaked me out so that particular book rates a little lower than...more
Miles Oliver
Feb 02, 2012 Miles Oliver rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children or Young Adults
Recommended to Miles by: No one to blame but myself...
I remember REALLY enjoying A Cry in the Night and While My Pretty One Sleeps in my youth, but these novels just don't hold the same magic that they once possessed for me. I've been picking up her novels to gulp down in brief chugs between some of the heavier titles (War and Remembrance, Exodus, etc.), and they definitely serve as something of a sorbet, but nothing more. I have one or two other titles that I'm considering giving my time to (if for no other reason than that I've already purchased...more
Celina
This novel was my first foray into Mary Higgins Clark, and my expectations were pretty high considering she is well known for being the queen of suspense. I didn't find this book to be all that suspenseful or mysterious though, so I was disappointed. I'm not all that clever, and even I had the killer pegged from the beginning! I feel like this book was formulaic and very much like all the other books being produced by the likes of John Saul, Dean Koontz, Stuart Woods, and Heather Graham.

That sa...more
Rebecca
Mary Higgins Clark captures the 'who done it' in a way Christie would be proud of, and this was no disappointment.
Set in the back drop of an exclusive spa the plot twists and turns, pointing its finger at everyone, for a murder the protagonist thinks she already has sewn up.
A little longer and slightly more drawn out than some of Clark's other fictions. Not quite as fast paced and the love interest was a touch more slushy. Still a good read that kept me wondering until the end.
Bonnie Gleckler Clark
This is Mary Higgins Clark's sixth novel. Written in 1987. I have to say that Mary Higgins Clark definitely put her best work into this book. The plot intrigued me like no other book of hers I have ever read. In Weep No More, My Lady, Elizabeth Lange, a young actress, is grieving over her sister's death more than one year later. Her sister, Leila LaSalle, was murdered at her New York apartment. Preparing to testify against her dead sister's lover. Following his murder indictment in the case, an...more
Annemarie Donahue
S'all right. I liked it because this was a fast-paced multinarrational text about an off text committed murder. It runs a little like an isolated manor text, but not really. The characters and plot line are a little contrived. The sister of the murdered woman goes to a spa (who does that) to rest up for her testimoney in court (okay, believable) only to find the man she believes (and will be tried for) killed her sister. Instead of leaving immediately she stays and thank goodness (thank goodread...more
Kelsey
Melissa
I enjoyed this book a lot. I actually could not guess the killer until a few chapters from the end. Impressive. I usually have it figured out pretty early on in mystery novels. Interesting reading something from the early 90's after reading so much lately from my time. No cell phones or computers were even talked about.
Carolin
Cypress Point Spa scheint ein Traum zu sein...direkt an der Pazifikküste, den Tag vollgepackt mit leckerem Essen, Fitness- und Wellnesseinheiten. Welche Frau wäre nicht glücklich, eine Woche dort zu verbringen?

Neben diesen schicken Elementen gibt es aber auch genügen Intrigen, Mord und Totschlag...da scheint ein Aufenthalt im Spa doch nicht mehr so verlockend, oder? Denn die Chancen liegen für alle Beteiligten recht hoch, Opfer zu werden ;)

Der Krimi war anfangs recht langatmig, dann jedoch spann...more
Hanna
Was not super impressed with this book - found myself rushing through it to just finish it. Heard lots of great things about this author, but unfortunately was not thrilled by my first book of hers.
Cheryl Landmark
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

I haven't read Mary Higgins Clark for quite a while, but I do recall enjoying her books when I did read them. Although not overly amazing or brilliant, this one was nevertheless an entertaining murder mystery that kept me turning the pages and finishing it in a very short time.

The spa setting was unusual and intriguing and the characters were an interesting, eclectic mix. At a certain point, I did guess the identity of the murderer, but there were enough twists and turns...more
Nancy Clarke
Read this many years ago and enjoyed reading it again. Celebrity life at a spa for the rich and famous with murder, mayhem, intrigue and romance. Great little who-done-it!
ellie2020
I loved the book. It caught my attention from beginning to end. I was shocked when I found out who was the murderer. Fantastic book, highly recommend it!
Karschtl
Eine bekannte Schauspielerin stirbt. Der Sturz vom Balkon sieht wie ein Selbstmord aus. Nur Elizabeth, die immer im Schatten ihrer berühmten Schwester stand, glaubt nicht an diese Selbstmord-Theorie.

Auf einer Schönheitsfarm will sie entspannen und in Ruhe darüber nachdenken. Doch so ruhig ist dieses vermeintliche Paradies ganz und gar nicht, und schon bald ist Elizabeth klar, dass ihre Schwester umgebracht wurde. Nun lautet nur noch die Frage: wer war es?

Ein spannender Thriller, der ganz nebenb...more
Ashiana Ramdass
A captivating book! Many threads intertwine to make a very interesting story. And the end was a welcome surprise. A proper thriller.
Sarah jpsn2429
Yet another great mystery by Mary Higgins Clark. She has yet to create a novel that I have not enjoyed reading. Looking forward to reading the next one!
Laurie
An interesting read, per usual Mary Higgins Clark. I don't know if I've read this before--it was unfamiliar to me as I was reading it, but it's possible I've read it long ago. On page 74 I made my guess as to the identity of the killer and by page 295, or thereabouts, my guess was validated, so perhaps I had read it long ago, or maybe my sleuthing is getting better in my old age. Anyway, I would say I enjoyed this book. Ms. Clark writes interesting suspense novels. And again, I'll add that I lik...more
Kathryn
Fairly predictable who it is and their motive, but still an enjoyable read.
Ann
Mary Higgins Clark has written so many books, but this is the first one I have read. I thought that it was an easy and entertaining read. Her development of the mystery reminded me of the BBC mysteries that I love to watch on PBS.

The killer was obvious to me very early in the story, but I liked the way the story made one suspicious to almost all of the characters in the book. I liked the woman who was reporting on her stay at the spa by recording through her pin.

This was a fun book to read, but...more
Manyore
One of the first books i read while in my juniour school. I loved it.
Jill
This one seemed a little slow to get going, but the end picked up the pace. I love her books, but this wasn't one of my favorites.
Diana
Totally spooky and awesome!
Ryan Clemmons
Great book. I recommend it to all
  • Silent Night: The Remarkable Christmas Truce of 1914
  • Twanged (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #4)
  • Let Me Whisper In Your Ear (KEY News #3)
Mary Theresa Eleanor Higgins Clark Conheeney, best known as Mary Higgins Clark, (b December 24, 1927 in the Bronx, New York) is an American author of suspense novels. Each of her twenty-four suspense novels has been a bestseller in the United States and various European countries, and all of her novels remain in print as of 2007, with her debut suspense novel, Where Are The Children, in its sevent...more
More about Mary Higgins Clark...
Where Are the Children? Loves Music, Loves to Dance Two Little Girls in Blue All Around the Town While My Pretty One Sleeps