River of Mercy (The Riverhaven Years, #3)

River of Mercy (Riverhaven Years #3)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Young Gideon Kanagy faces a life-changing challenge--and an unexpected romance with his young Amish friend, Emma Knepp. Gideon's sister, Rachel, and the outsider Jeremiah Gant add to the drama with their own dilemma and its repercussions for the entire community of Riverhaven.
Published October 1st 2012 by Harvest House Publishers (first published October 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about River of Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about River of Mercy

Amanda
This book was a wonderful end to the trilogy. My only complaint is some rehashing of already explained ideas, however, that may have been to help keep readers in the loop who haven't read the prior books. In this book, you find out who is behind the mischief. I thought I knew who it was, but the author fooled me! Once again, this is a book that I couldn't put down and finished in a couple of days.
Rachel
This conclusion to the trilogy was so good. It finally addressed all of the threads of the story line that had been left dangling. The crisis and resolution was so surprising and satisfying. A well-written novel with intriguing characters.
Michele A.
I found the book to be a good read.The plot to had diffferent aspects to it which kept me reading it. The writing fowed well and kept my interest. A good book to read on a Saturday afternoon with a good cup of coffee.
Gaile
This is the third and last book in The Riverhaven Years. In the first two books, Rachel's Secret and Where Grace Abides, the reader was left with a cliff hanger. All the ends were not tied. At last in this one, the ends are finally tied up and all is woven together.
Taking place in the 1850s this book shows the basic beliefs of the Amish haven't changed that much over time.
Amish woman Rachel Brenneman has been in love with outsider Jeremiah Gant for sometime. Both feel frustrated that no way will...more
Dorrice
It has become a habit for me to read all the books in a series and then write a review of the series. This is a review of The Riverhaven Years, a trilogy set in pre-Civil War years. Some of the people in the stories are involved in the Underground Railroad The main focus in the stories is the romance that developed between Rachel, a young Amish widow. and an Irishman who landed on her doorstep in the middle of a stormy night, wounded and possibly not even going to survive. Because he was not Ami...more
Barbara
Amish Mystery

Amish Mystery

This was a great mystery as well as Amish love story. I definitely recommend it to anyone who loves a great Amish love story.
I loved this last book to the Riverhaven Years Series. BJ Hoff did not disappoint! I felt like this one had a lot more suspense to it, and several good story lines going on at once. The ending was perfect!
Linda Branich
This was the third book in the Riverhaven trilogy and I must say that I am disappointed to say goodbye to these God-fearing, righteous Amish people who struggle with many of the same things we Englischer
( auslanders) do. I recommend all three books, especially if you are interested in either the Amish oe the Underground Railroad.
Janie  R.
A really interesting and good conclusion to this trilogy! Though there were cliff hangers in the 1st and 2nd book, I didn't mind, there are other authors who do that, also. I really enjoyed reading this book!
Christy
This was a outstanding series. I was a little skeptical because of the "English" in the story but they were remarkably written in for a perfect series. Plenty of story line and character development.
Pat
I really like this book. Finally the conclusion to the Riverhaven Years trilogy. Spoiler: Rachel and Jeremiah finally get together after many trials and troubles!!
Dianne
Jul 17, 2012 Dianne added it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Reading this book right now! B.J. Hoff is a great writer! We waited a long time and this is well worth the wait!
Carolyn Denson
Third book in series. I enjoyed the finality of the series and the journey each character traveled to get there.
Sandra
Note: I read this as a free eARC from Netgalley.
I love this series. It is a sweet trilogy of love and faith in God.
Mary Ellen
A really good read with an engaging mystery that had a few plot twists that kept it really interresting.
Midge
A great finish to the trilogy, brought it all together and have a good ending.
Carolyn E
I loved this book. In fact, I loved the entire series. I highly recommend it.
Joni
Interesting reading. Learned about the Amish ways and about hiding the slaves.
Catherine Lovett
A satisfying conclusion to the trilogy.
PWRL
May 29, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Reba
Reba marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Rebecca Johnson
Rebecca Johnson is currently reading it
Aug 28, 2014
Jenni Shaw-olsen
Jenni Shaw-olsen marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Linda Nilsen
Linda Nilsen marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Yuliya Ponomarenko
Yuliya Ponomarenko marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
BJ Hoff’s bestselling historical novels continue to cross the boundaries of religion, language, and culture to capture a worldwide reading audience.

Her books include such popular series as The Riverhaven Years, The Mountain Song Legacy, Song of Erin, American Anthem, and An Emerald Ballad. Hoff’s stories, although set in the past, are always relevant to the present.

Whether her characters move ab...more
More about B.J. Hoff...
Rachel's Secret (The Riverhaven Years, #1) Song Of The Silent Harp (Emerald Ballad #1) Where Grace Abides (The Riverhaven Years, #2) Heart of the Lonely Exile (Emerald Ballad #2) Land of a Thousand Dreams (Emerald Ballad #3)