Start by marking “King of Hearts (Wonderland, #1)” as Want to Read:
King of Hearts (Wonderland, #1)

King of Hearts (Wonderland #1)

3.54  ·  Rating Details ·  1,476 Ratings  ·  126 Reviews
After being cheated on yet again, full-figured Alice O'Brien resolves to enjoy men sexually, refusing to involve her heart. When she tumbles down a rabbit hole, she lands in a beautiful, erotic world, surrounded by gorgeous men who relish her voluptuous curves. Men who want to tie her up and play sex games-talk about a dream come true Only King Jarronn deliberately lured A ...more
Published July 24th 2003 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about King of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King of Hearts

Anzu The Great Destroyer
So, I’m doing a new review series called Failrotica. The purpose of this is to explore the depths of human relationships when it comes to romance novels. Erotica, in particular.

I need to mention that I’ll be a complete troll about it, so if you actually enjoy this genre then I might advise you to avoid reading my reviews since they most probably will make you angry. I’m a nice person. I care.

Back to my introduction. I’ll be choosing only la crème de la crème of erotica. Yes, I do find erotica bo
jenjn79
Jul 19, 2008 jenjn79 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: random buy
Whew! I need a cold shower...or a bath of ice cubes after reading this one! It's really HOT!

The summary on the book page is a little inadequate so I'll expand a bit. Alice is a fuller-figured woman living in San Francisco who has had a lot of bad luck in life. Bad bosses, lovers who cheat, etc. One night she comes home to find her fiance getting it on with their landlady AND another man...only the man isn't interested in the landlady, he's dominating and doing her fiance. Horrified, she runs off
Collette
I love this series of books. This is the first one about Alice (of course) who has a horrible life full of a nasty boss and an even worse man in her life. She falls down a hole and meets her overbearing lover that makes her feel super sexy (full-figured woman here)and loved. The sex is super hot and involves multiple men in one part. Yowza!! Loved that scene! Anyway...a fun, hot little read and well worth picking up a copy.
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A twist on Alice in Wonderland: only this Wonderland is BDSM themed and the King of Hearts has better uses for Alice other than chopping off her head.

Opening Sentence: King Jarronn scrubbed his hand over his light beard and flexed his powerful muscles as he scowled at the four cards lying facedown on the a’bin.

The Review:

Alice O’Brian’s life is not all roses. She lost her job only to come home early and find her man in a very compromising p
Ivie ✩Born to Magic-Forced to Muggle✩
This was supposed to be an erotic Alice in Wonderland spin-off. In theory it sounds yumm, but in execution it is horrible. Damn, I had to shut down my computer and perform a virus scan after reading half of this just to make sure my computer didn't pick up an STD.

There isn't a story line, just fuckery, and of the worst kind. Alice is a chubby girl, that walks in on her boyfriend cheating on her with their neighbor, he calls her fat and she storms off. Gets her ass in the park, winds down a rabbi
Laura Pinciotto
Feb 27, 2015 Laura Pinciotto rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished re-reading this book that the author added more lines this time around. This was the first book I had read about shape shifter and BDSM. It opened up a whole new world of books to read.

The characters of this story is Alice a full figured women. (Which I can relate to) is not having a good day. First gets hit on by her boss and gets fired. Them drops cell in puddle of water, ruined stockings then walks in on her guy in bed with two other people. AND that's all in the first chapter.
April Symes
Feb 22, 2015 April Symes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***A gifted copy was provided by the author for an honest review***

This is a re-published book which the author has expanded on and re-done since the original was out several years ago.

Alice is a smart and pretty woman who just lost her job and when she walked into her apartment, she found him cheating on her with their landlady and another Man named Stone. Alice’s sister happened to come into the scene toward the end and Alice walked away devastated.

King Jarron is ready for a mate for his king
Leslie
Feb 10, 2015 Leslie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing!! It has been ages since I've read the original print version which was published before by Cheyenne McCray. This version has been expanded and is so worth the read!!!

Alice O'Brien has had a very bad day, the kind of bad day that can lead you to drink heavily just to forget! I really felt for Alice, it was that bad. Little does she know that her bad day is going to get bizarre! As Alice is walking off the memory of her day, she decides to take a rest in the park. This is wh
Stephanie  G
In author Jaymie Holland's highly sensual take on the on the Alice in Wonderland tale, we are taken into the land of Tarok. Tarok has been divided into the Kingdoms of Hearts, Spades, Diamonds and Clubs and each is ruled by a different king.

In Taken By Passion, Alice O'Brien has just caught her fiance cheating on her. While she's on a walk to clear her head, the ground begins to shake and she falls down a massive hole. When she awakes, Alice finds herself in a strange but beautiful place where s
Ann  Lorz
Feb 22, 2015 Ann Lorz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will admit that I don't read that much erotic romance anymore. But the ones I do have have make feel more then...oh God, not another sex scene. I like a good story to go along with my sex. I found that in this book. I enjoyed the characters and story idea. A must for me.
Angel
Feb 22, 2015 Angel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok so for those who never read the original(what is wrong with you), Alice is your average woman. She works for an absolute jerk, and her fiancé isn't anything to write home about either. After the worst and craziest day all Alice wants to do is relax in her favorite park and try to forget everything that's happened when she literally turns into the erotic version of Alice and what a beautiful wonderful wonderland she's tumbled to. Alice has to determine within herself if she wants to see hersel ...more
Erica
Dec 05, 2012 Erica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read

Interesting characters, fast paced storyline, Hot scenes.

This does have a lot of BDSM but not to the point where it will disgust you.

I loved the idea of the King of Hearts, King of Spades, King of Clubs and King of Diamonds. (all brothers all from the same birth - quads) Anyone whos had a twins fantasy well double that extra Hot!!

This story was the King of Hearts finding his Queen of Hearts (Alice) who is a mortal from Earth (also a Twin) who gets kidnapped to Tarok where the
Kerry
Feb 26, 2015 Kerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Wonderland is NOT the childhood fairy tale of your youth, it is the titillatingly erotic grown up version of what you may remember...with a few twists.... and oh, those twists are HOT!

I read the Wonderland series many years ago, when it was first published by Ellora's Cave. I was so excited to read Taken by Passion/King of Hearts again now that it had been expanded. It is just as fabulously hot as I remember and even more so now with the additional material!

After reading this super sexy book, yo
Larena
Jul 18, 2015 Larena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Contemporary Fantasy Paranormal Romance

Alice O’Brien has been cheated on yet again and no longer believes she’ll find a Prince Charming. She decides she is just going to enjoy men and not risk her heart again.

Suddenly she leaves her familiar home in San Francisco when she literally falls down a rabbit hole. She lands in a world that is both strange and beautiful. She also meets shapeshifting brothers, that are all fierce and irresistible. Jarronn, though is that and also powerful and dominant.

Ja
Deborah
Jun 18, 2015 Deborah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I opened my reader this morning and fell down the rabbit hole - as in Alice in Wonderland - except this fairytale is not for children or the faint of heart. "Taken By Passion (Wonderland 1)" is replete with sexual tension and sensual encounters as Jarronn, King of Hearts, "trains" luscious Alice in preparation to become his Queen of Hearts. Not only is King Jarronn tall, dark and hotter than a desert sun, but he has three(!) equally as delicious brothers, the King of Spades, Clubs and Diamonds. ...more
T00zday
This only got a low rating from me because this flavor of erotica just isn't my cup of tea.
The writing was great and if you're into this type of thing, you'll probably love it.

This is the traditional severe Dom/sub story. Alice is abducted to Wonderland by the King of Hearts. He has to train her to be a perfect sub, then all four brothers/kings will eventually have an orgy with her to bond.
Alice's training has many rules: She has to keep her eyes downcast, not talk, keep her legs spread, wear h
Jane
Jun 18, 2015 Jane rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not as advertised.

I made myself finish this, but I didn't really enjoy it. Two problems with this story-
1) the only thing this had to do with "wonderland" was that the female character was named Alice and kept comparing herself and her situation to the other Alice. Seriously disappointed that this wasn't an actual wonderland story.
2) this is a Dom/sub story, and that's fine. However, I believe everyone should have a choice of whether or not they are in a relationship. The main character was tran
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Alice O'Brien is having the worst day of her life and she's hoping to improve it soon. Alice is a fuller figured woman unlike her twin sister Alexi whose supermodel thin. Alice is engaged but only to discover that her fiance is cheating on her is the last straw. Alice falls down a rabbit hole into a strange new land where everyone is free and indulge into all kinds of BDSM that she's always wanted to try. Jarronn is High King of Tarok and Kingdom of Hearts ruler as well. Jarronn fears for his pe ...more
Amber
Apr 27, 2015 Amber rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook
Wow this was one erotic read! It was an interesting take to wonderland.
Alice was having the worst day ever. Fired from her job, catching her fiancé cheating on her. Then she tumbles into this new world. It was funny with the different references that were made to Alice in Wonderland.
There wasn't really much plot to this besides Jarronn teaching Alice to be his perfect submissive and to be his Queen. Little bits and pieces of a longer plot were revealed but the focus of this was mostly Alice's
Carrie Vaughn
Taken by Passion, the first in the Wonderland series, tells the tale of the curvy Alice O'Brien and her bad history with men, of her comparisons to her twin sister Alexi and the story of the King of Hearts, King Jarronn of Tarok.

Tarok is a land inhabited by weretigers. The kingdoms were divided by the King and Queen into four separate but unified kingdoms for each of their four sons. Their daughter, however, was not given a share in the kingdom. For this slight, she bailed on her brothers, marr
Micheale
Jul 02, 2015 Micheale rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This review is about the writing, not a rehash of the story.

This was a free read and it should stay that way.

The story itself is a cookie cutter style that I have read before.

The female lead has low self esteem because of her body, male lead absolutely loves how she looks. He is a Dom, she is a sub. He shows her how beautiful she is thru "actions" and she falls for him. Nothing new here!

However, the writing was high schoolerish. The verbiage between the characters was off, some of it just out r
Jennifer Mcneill

Alice is a BBW who has gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to bad bosses, a lame family life except for her sisters and cousins and lovers who cheat. After getting fired, she comes home to find her fiance getting it on with their landlady AND another man BDSM style. Extremely hurt and angry, she runs off.
IN another realm, the Kingdom of Tarok, each of the four Kings (who are White Tiger Shifters) must find mates from outside their world because no one can have babies. Jarron, being t
Kat
Jul 13, 2015 Kat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will start off with- I read the entire series

I'm going to set-up this entire series for you. If you watch anime or read manga think Miyuki Chan in Wonderland. If you don't know what that is a quick google search will bring up images of Alice in Wonderland meets BDSM. That's a great starting point for this series and specifically this book, but now add Were-tigers. That's right weretigers.

Alice falls into Wonderland where she wins the heart of the Weretiger King of Hearts and mates with him. Th
Leslie
Apr 16, 2015 Leslie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Holly Bargo
Mixed feelings

I don't get the whole BDSM thing. It ain't my cup of tea. There's a subtle, important distinction between dominant and domineering and BDSM emphasizes domineering. The master and slave relationship isn't one of trust or love, but one of power and oppression. Jarron doesn't care for Alice, he oppresses her and strips her of dignity. I see nothing sexy about it and cannot understand Alice's quick acceptance. Me, I would fight with everything I had and scheme to escape, inflicting gra
Sabrina Rautio
Feb 08, 2015 Sabrina Rautio rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome can't wait for the second book

I could not put this book down. This book is definitely a page turner. I recommend this book to anyone looking for a very steamy romance.
Debbie
Independent Reviewer for Archaeolibrarian I DIg Good Books, I was given this by Goddess Fish Promotions in exchange for my review.

Alice runs after finding her fiancee in bed with another woman and a man. She runs and finds herslef falling down the proverbial rabbit hole. But instead of Wonderland, she lands in the KIngdom of Hearts.

High King Jarronn chooses Alice at the turn of a card. But once she is here, and he introduces her to the pleasures long denied her, its Alice who holds his heart.

But
Erin Kyle
Feb 02, 2015 Erin Kyle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Like others have said, it's an easy read. However, I found certain parts of it nearly unbearably annoying. I almost stopped reading on more than one occasion.

1. Insta-trust
After about 5 minutes, Jarronn asks whether Alice trusts him and she says she trusts him wholeheartedly. Really?! In a Dom/sub relationship, trust takes time. New world, new rules, new lover, and she doesn't freak out about any of that. Instead, she trusts him immediately? I think not. He doesn't explain the Why of anything,
Kerry  sullivan
This book was reviewed for Musings of a bookworm

The synopsis
After being cheated on yet again, full-figured Alice O’Brien decides that she will leave behind her dreams of Prince Charming. From now on she will be a “love ‘em and leave’ em” kind of girl. However, when she—literally—tumbles down a rabbit hole, she discovers that she has left the familiar chaos of San Francisco behind and stepped into something vastly different. And it is here that she meets the fierce, powerful shapeshifter named Ja
Lee Boyland
Oct 23, 2011 Lee Boyland rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Second Gulf War provides the backdrop for this complex tale of greed, arrogance, murder, loyalty, dishonor, love, regret, intrigue, and hatred. The author uses events that took place in Iraq before, during, and after the invasion to weave a murder mystery with many twists and facets: the famous Iraq deck of cards, with Saddam featured as the Ace of Spades; the worlds biggest bank robbery, well Saddam thought of it as a “withdrawal;” and the looting of Iraq’s museum.

A former New York City hom
Goodreads Librari...: Problem with Series 4 173 Aug 27, 2012 09:06AM
  • Aftermath (Kismet, #3)
  • Ravenous (Horde Wars, #1)
  • Initiation (Xylon Warriors #1)
  • All Chained Up (Cress Brothers, #2)
  • Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)
  • Mastered (Dark Elves #2)
  • The Game (Ecstasy, #1)
  • Never A Slave (Trek Mi Q'an, #7)
  • Rees (Tales of the Shareem, #1)
  • Dark Prince (Dragon Lords, #3)
  • Wicked Wishes
  • Oath of Seduction: Seducing Sharon (Shimerian Oath, #1)
  • The Wolf She Married
Cheyenne McCray is an award winning, New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author who is a rare native Arizonan but refuses to be put behind glass as an endangered species.

In her spare time she loves to torture characters—whether they’re misbehaving or not—and kill off deserving individuals. She also totally gets off on blowing things up. All fictionally, of course. She’d rather chew glass th
More about Cheyenne McCray...

Wonderland (4 books)
  • Claimed by Pleasure (Wonderland, #2)
  • Bound by Desire (Wonderland, #3)
  • Kept by Seduction (Wonderland, #4)