Start by marking “I Wish I Would've” as Want to Read:
I Wish I Would've

I Wish I Would've

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  63 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Follow a daughter on her quest for the truth and a mother who wants to keep her safe by any means necessary. Who is right? Who is wrong? Who will say, I wish I would've? She only has loving memories of her beloved G-Pa and can't understand why her mom calls him ""devil."" On her eighteenth birthday she goes on a quest for the truth, without her mom's knowledge. While visit ...more
Published June 24th 2009 by Mocha Girl Publishing (first published May 21st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about I Wish I Would've, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Wish I Would've

Annie's Song by Catherine AndersonLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Mine by J.R. WardEasy by Tammara WebberKerri's War by Stephen Douglass
Best Traumatized Heroines
480th out of 558 books — 568 voters
Special Forces - Soldiers by Aleksandr VoinovBloodraven by P.L. NunnThe Riding School by C.P. MandaraDark Soul Vol. 1 by Aleksandr VoinovSpecial Forces - Mercenaries Part I by Aleksandr Voinov
Depraved Minds Club (DMC) Recommendations
185th out of 214 books — 277 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather
Jul 13, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
This hard hitting book by Aynoit Ashor gets under your skin and makes you think about how deep family secrets go. It will make your uneasy but draw you in with the first page of the book. The book deals with sex, drugs, rape, and incest and is not for the faint of heart or for people who are sensitive to these things being written down for the world to see. It was pretty unsettling but mesmerizing.
I would recommend this book for readers who like to think and don't mind being unsettled by the sub
Lisa
Apr 14, 2011 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime, kindle
I purchased this book from Smashwords for about 1.99. It actually gripped me right from the start. The main character was very likeable and her character was well written. It was quite harrowing in places (no spoilers) and quite graphic, so be aware of this if you read it, as it does have details of child abuse in it.

Unlike a lot of e-books around at the moment, the grammar was good and spelling errors minimal.

I thoroughly recommend it.
Alejandro Canton-Dutari
May 01, 2011 Alejandro Canton-Dutari rated it it was amazing
It was a great study in anger! Loved it! Must be read!
Sibel Hodge
Aug 16, 2011 Sibel Hodge rated it it was amazing
This novella is about the kidnap of a young girl by her Granddad as a sexual slave. It will really make you stop and think, and wonder what goes on behind closed doors. It's gritty, gripping, and will bring a tear to your eye, but I couldn't put it down. A gruesome subject matter, but is handled exceptionally well by the author.
Misty Baker
Jan 06, 2012 Misty Baker rated it did not like it
I really wish there was a graceful way to present this book, but there isn’t. When it comes right down to it, this book is awful. Not in the way you are thinking, (mind you) but in a more dramatic, I can’t believe what I’m reading, does this shit really happen, I don’t know if I hate this or understand the author’s point — kind of awful.

To be perfectly clear about “I Wish I Would’ve”, (because Lord forbid someone purchase this on “accident” and then be subjected to months of high-priced therapy
Tiffany
Aug 05, 2012 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Wow family secrets sure will do something to the whole family. Even though you think you may be keeping a secret to protect your mother, brother, uncle, sister or child... that secret could effect everyone in a major way.

This was my first time reading from Aynoit Ashor but I have a feeling it wont be the last because it seems like there is going to be a part 2 to this at least i really hope so. The author writes the story in a way to make you feel like your viewing whats happening but this is do
Pearl
Oct 18, 2011 Pearl rated it really liked it
This was an utterly disturbing novella. I am glad that it was short because I don't think I could have stood for anymore of this poor young ladies tragedy. It disturbs me that some young ladies still are so hungry for love that they still believe these young men when they tell them that they love them only to get into there panties, and then they move on to the next girl with the same line. I wish that her mother would have told her the what happened when she was a young girl, it probably would ...more
Geeky Booklr
Mar 09, 2016 Geeky Booklr rated it it was amazing
wow, short quick read, but really highlight the dangers of family secrets.
Resse
Aug 17, 2012 Resse rated it it was amazing
Shelves: summer-read
What can i say it was a really good short story. But i will re-quote the ending because it rang true for me ." I want my life to teach mother to be honest and talk to their children about evils and dangers, especially if it's family and friends. I want my life to teach families to talk about everything and not to hide it" . To me when i read it i cried in disbelief because i was shocked by the brutality of it . The story was good its defiantly something that parent's should read because keeping ...more
Maxine
Oct 21, 2011 Maxine rated it it was amazing
This is a very well written short story. I highly reccomend it although it is deeply disturbing and provokes many emotions. The story is an eye opener and will make you angry, cry, shock you but most importantly it makes you think. It involves drug use, rape, incest and abuse. It is a definite page turner and must-read.
Sy
Dec 27, 2011 Sy rated it really liked it
this was a heartbreaking story of a girl who only wanted to find answers about her past. it was a very quick read about 3 hours to complete. however the message it left was you never know what goes on behind closed doors. extremely scathe considering I am a mother of 3 girls. I will ensure there are no secrets between us.
Marisela
Nov 18, 2012 Marisela rated it it was amazing
The author is on a mission to educate and encourage her readers about speaking up and standing up for yourself or for others. This really hit home for me and I wholly applaud the author for her courage and determination to get the message across.
Alicia
Jun 13, 2014 Alicia rated it it was amazing
What a strory definitely not for the faint at heart but should still be read by all none the less. Family secrets should be share especially when you are trying to keep someone out of harms way instead of calling it the devil.
Mi-Chelle Thomas
Jun 28, 2012 Mi-Chelle Thomas rated it it was ok
all though very stressful, and disturbing read, I thought the author brought great light on trafficking, and sexual abuse. this was a very quick read. however I would not recommend. this book to any sensitive reader.
Jacqui
Mar 10, 2013 Jacqui rated it it was amazing
this book wasn't what I thought it would be but then I'm not sure of what I was expecting so I kept reading. it blew me away. I was not expecting the ending to be what it was and that's what made it a great read...
Christina
Jun 01, 2012 Christina rated it it was amazing
This is such a traumatic short story, however I do see why it was written and I especially love the fact the author left out the characters names and suggested you place yourself or a familiar female in the story.
Tee Morris
Dec 29, 2013 Tee Morris rated it really liked it
I don't even know what to say about this one. The storyline is scary, possible, relevant, and unfortunate. The author was to the point, descriptive, and a good storyteller.
Rell
Sep 27, 2013 Rell rated it really liked it
There was a lot of everything in this book! I'm really not sure what to say but there was a wow factor.... I can't believe that it ended like THAT! Unbelievable
Leah Iannone
Oct 22, 2011 Leah Iannone rated it it was ok
Kind of weird and creepy. It's short and definitely kept my attention but it was just too much. Skip it.
Darlene
Dec 22, 2011 Darlene rated it really liked it
Great short story!! Didn't give it 5 stars because of typing errors.
SheReadsALot
Very sad tale with a sadder ending.
Anureet
Anureet marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Celestina Owusu
Celestina Owusu marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Kimber
Kimber marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Georgina
Georgina rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Kathleen Chaney
Kathleen Chaney rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Aynoit Ashor is an author, empowerment speaker and advocate walking a path of enlightenment. Aynoit uses her personal pain as a mighty platform. She stepped out of the dismal shadows of oppression into the light of freedom towards a better life. A life in service bringing empowerment to others. As an advocate of awareness she hopes to bring healing to others.

Aynoit writes to bring awareness to the
More about Aynoit Ashor...