Start by marking “I Wish I Would've” as Want to Read:
I Wish I Would've

I Wish I Would've

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Follow a daughter on her quest for the truth and a mother who wants to keep her safe by any means necessary. Who is right? Who is wrong? Who will say, I wish I would've? She only has loving memories of her beloved G-Pa and can't understand why her mom calls him ""devil."" On her eighteenth birthday she goes on a quest for the truth, without her mom's knowledge. While visit ...more
Published June 24th 2009 by Mocha Girl Publishing (first published May 21st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about I Wish I Would've, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Wish I Would've

Lover Awakened by J.R. WardAnnie's Song by Catherine AndersonCharlie's Pond by C.L. HeckmanLover Mine by J.R. WardThe Riding School by C.P. Mandara
Best Traumatized Heroines
381st out of 421 books — 435 voters
Special Forces - Soldiers by Aleksandr VoinovThe Riding School by C.P. MandaraBloodraven by P.L. NunnDark Soul Vol. 1 by Aleksandr VoinovSpecial Forces - Mercenaries Part I by Aleksandr Voinov
Depraved Minds Club (DMC) Recommendations
149th out of 176 books — 243 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather
This hard hitting book by Aynoit Ashor gets under your skin and makes you think about how deep family secrets go. It will make your uneasy but draw you in with the first page of the book. The book deals with sex, drugs, rape, and incest and is not for the faint of heart or for people who are sensitive to these things being written down for the world to see. It was pretty unsettling but mesmerizing.
I would recommend this book for readers who like to think and don't mind being unsettled by the sub
Lisa
I purchased this book from Smashwords for about £1.99. It actually gripped me right from the start. The main character was very likeable and her character was well written. It was quite harrowing in places (no spoilers) and quite graphic, so be aware of this if you read it, as it does have details of child abuse in it.

Unlike a lot of e-books around at the moment, the grammar was good and spelling errors minimal.

I thoroughly recommend it.
Alejandro Canton-Dutari
It was a great study in anger! Loved it! Must be read!
Sibel Hodge
This novella is about the kidnap of a young girl by her Granddad as a sexual slave. It will really make you stop and think, and wonder what goes on behind closed doors. It's gritty, gripping, and will bring a tear to your eye, but I couldn't put it down. A gruesome subject matter, but is handled exceptionally well by the author.
Misty Baker
I really wish there was a graceful way to present this book, but there isn’t. When it comes right down to it, this book is awful. Not in the way you are thinking, (mind you) but in a more dramatic, I can’t believe what I’m reading, does this shit really happen, I don’t know if I hate this or understand the author’s point — kind of awful.

To be perfectly clear about “I Wish I Would’ve”, (because Lord forbid someone purchase this on “accident” and then be subjected to months of high-priced therapy
Tiffany
Wow family secrets sure will do something to the whole family. Even though you think you may be keeping a secret to protect your mother, brother, uncle, sister or child... that secret could effect everyone in a major way.

This was my first time reading from Aynoit Ashor but I have a feeling it wont be the last because it seems like there is going to be a part 2 to this at least i really hope so. The author writes the story in a way to make you feel like your viewing whats happening but this is do
Pearl
This was an utterly disturbing novella. I am glad that it was short because I don't think I could have stood for anymore of this poor young ladies tragedy. It disturbs me that some young ladies still are so hungry for love that they still believe these young men when they tell them that they love them only to get into there panties, and then they move on to the next girl with the same line. I wish that her mother would have told her the what happened when she was a young girl, it probably would ...more
Resse
What can i say it was a really good short story. But i will re-quote the ending because it rang true for me ." I want my life to teach mother to be honest and talk to their children about evils and dangers, especially if it's family and friends. I want my life to teach families to talk about everything and not to hide it" . To me when i read it i cried in disbelief because i was shocked by the brutality of it . The story was good its defiantly something that parent's should read because keeping ...more
Maxine
This is a very well written short story. I highly reccomend it although it is deeply disturbing and provokes many emotions. The story is an eye opener and will make you angry, cry, shock you but most importantly it makes you think. It involves drug use, rape, incest and abuse. It is a definite page turner and must-read.
Sy
this was a heartbreaking story of a girl who only wanted to find answers about her past. it was a very quick read about 3 hours to complete. however the message it left was you never know what goes on behind closed doors. extremely scathe considering I am a mother of 3 girls. I will ensure there are no secrets between us.
Marisela
The author is on a mission to educate and encourage her readers about speaking up and standing up for yourself or for others. This really hit home for me and I wholly applaud the author for her courage and determination to get the message across.
Alicia
What a strory definitely not for the faint at heart but should still be read by all none the less. Family secrets should be share especially when you are trying to keep someone out of harms way instead of calling it the devil.
Mi-Chelle Thomas
all though very stressful, and disturbing read, I thought the author brought great light on trafficking, and sexual abuse. this was a very quick read. however I would not recommend. this book to any sensitive reader.
Jacqui
this book wasn't what I thought it would be but then I'm not sure of what I was expecting so I kept reading. it blew me away. I was not expecting the ending to be what it was and that's what made it a great read...
Christina
This is such a traumatic short story, however I do see why it was written and I especially love the fact the author left out the characters names and suggested you place yourself or a familiar female in the story.
Tee Morris
I don't even know what to say about this one. The storyline is scary, possible, relevant, and unfortunate. The author was to the point, descriptive, and a good storyteller.
Rell
There was a lot of everything in this book! I'm really not sure what to say but there was a wow factor.... I can't believe that it ended like THAT! Unbelievable
Leah Iannone
Kind of weird and creepy. It's short and definitely kept my attention but it was just too much. Skip it.
Darlene
Great short story!! Didn't give it 5 stars because of typing errors.
SheReadsALot
Very sad tale with a sadder ending.
Camille
Camille marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Aleksandrovna
Aleksandrovna marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Aynoit Ashor is a survivor of sexual and domestic abuse. Her mission is to expose the horrors of those abuses through her books, social media pages, speaking engagements and interviews.

Aynoit's desire is to help those hurting from abusive pasts heal from those traumatic experiences.

Aynoit Ashor is the author of the "I Wish I Would've" and "ProtectHer". These books are not for those who wear rose
More about Aynoit Ashor...
I wish I would've: Family Secrets Sixty-7 Sixty-7 (Family Secrets) ProtectHer I Have Been There: Sisterly Advice From One Survivor of Domestic Abuse to Another