Start by marking “Yasodhara, the Wife of the Bodhisattva: The Sinhala Yasodharavata (the Story of Yasodhara) and the Sinhala Yasodharapadanaya (the Sacred Biography of Yasodhara)” as Want to Read:

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  2 Ratings  ·  1 Review
What about Buddha s wife? We all know that Prince Siddhartha left his wife and infant son to begin his journey to enlightenment. The Pali canon does not mention the woman he left behind. Yasodhar enters the commentarial tradition around the first century CE and lives on in the folk tradition, growing from a shadowy figure to a nun and arahat (an Enlightened One), even gain ...more
Published September 24th 2009 by State University of New York Press

To ask other readers questions about Yasodhara, the Wife of the Bodhisattva, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yasodhara, the Wife of the Bodhisattva

Elevate Difference
Feb 26, 2010 Elevate Difference rated it it was amazing
I approached Ranjini Obeyesekere’s book with slight trepidation: though the subject of Buddhism has always interested me, I was worried about my ability to write about a religion with such a long detailed history that I had only a surface knowledge of. I was well aware from the start that my Christian background would affect my interpretation of this text, and in the end this book did leave me questioning every rose-coloured, perhaps orientalist view I had of Buddhism.

As I suspected, Yasodharā,
Avanthi Urapola
Avanthi Urapola marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Ohyoon
Ohyoon marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Darrol Pierson
Darrol Pierson marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2013
Dushmantha
Dushmantha rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2012
Devi
Devi marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2010