Start by marking “The Cardinal Rule” as Want to Read:
The Cardinal Rule

The Cardinal Rule (The Strongbox Chronicles #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Somewhere in Italy, a powerful and secretive organization was creating an army of weaponized robots. The goal? To "persuade" the world that their vision of the future was the right one. And agent Alisha MacAleer had the job of infiltrating them while defending herself from a robot that had targeted "her." Worse, the mission and Alisha's life soon hinged on three choices th ...more
Published February 15th 2010 by Silhouette Bombshell (first published December 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Cardinal Rule, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cardinal Rule

Hilary
Good vacation read. First in a series.

CIA Agent Alisha MacAleer's new assignment isn't going well. She's immediately "outed" and barely escapes with her life. Her ex-fiancee shows up and may or may not be one of the good guys. The double-agent Alisha is supposed to investigating is her handler's son and Alisha is not sure if her handler's loyalty is compromised, or which side his son is working for. The only thing Alisha is sure of is that she can't trust anyone.
Hali Sowle
Alisha, Ali or Leesh to her friends, is a covert operative for the CIA whose loyalties are unimpeachable. Her latest mission is to bring in, or terminate, her handlers brilliant, but estranged, son. But as she gets involved in the mission her old flame comes into the picture bringing back memories and anger and Brandon Parker, the "mission" isn't what he seems either. Things go from bad to worse and Alisha doesn't know who to trust, and more importantly who not to. A rocking action book that kep ...more
Yolanda Sfetsos
The heroine is a CIA agent who throughout the novel isn't sure who she can trust. I swear this novel read like an action movie -- it should be made as one. Everything moves along pretty quickly and Alisha MacAleer is one tough butt-kicking chick who also displays a lot of human weakness through the story. There's no real romance in this novel, but there are a lot of flirtatious moments I hope develop into more throughout the series.

I loved it. Can't wait to read the next one in the series!
Lara
This is a very fun action packed spy novel. It's lacking a lot of the depth of something like a Dan Brown novel, but unlike his books it has character developement - and a lot of it. Of course there are so many more things I'd like to know, but the writing is strong and enjoyable. If you enjoyed Alias, you'll love this.
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
This reminded me of Alias so much. I loved that TV show. I enjoyed this quick read just as much. The writing was tight and liked the main character. Alisha was pretty cool. The betrayals in this book were kind of a shock and painful.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Lots of action in this one. Not sure if/when I will read the others. I liked it, but not sure if I liked it enough to continue on....(I have too many books, so I'm picky)
Jami Leigh
This was just fun to read. I love her urban fantasy under CE Murphy, and glad this lived up to her other stuff. Reminded me of Covert Affairs, in a good way.
Sam Bryant
Sam Bryant marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Rebecca Owen
Rebecca Owen marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Shantyl
Shantyl marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Asteropê
Asteropê marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Elin Blaidd
Elin Blaidd marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Florenta
Florenta marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Nomme
Nomme added it
Aug 09, 2014
Brynja
Brynja marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Liv H
Liv H marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Wise Birdy
Wise Birdy marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Savannah Remmers
Savannah Remmers marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

The Strongbox Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Firebird Deception (The Strongbox Chronicles #2)
  • The Phoenix Law (The Strongbox Chronicles #3)
The Firebird Deception (The Strongbox Chronicles #2) The Phoenix Law (The Strongbox Chronicles #3)