Start by marking “The Cat in the Hat and Other Dr. Seuss Favorites” as Want to Read:
The Cat in the Hat and Other Dr. Seuss Favorites

The Cat in the Hat and Other Dr. Seuss Favorites

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  37,969 ratings  ·  98 reviews
11 complete stories at a great price!
Featuring:
"The Lorax" read by Ted Danson
"Yertle the Turtle," "Gertrude McFuzz," and "The Big Brag" read by John Lithgow
"Thidwick, the B...more
Published October 14th 2003 by Listening Library

To ask other readers questions about The Cat in the Hat and Other Dr. Seuss Favorites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cat in the Hat and Other Dr. Seuss Favorites

Ash
11 stories in audio format:

1. Kelsey Grammer - The Cat in the Hat (***)
2. Dustin Hoffman - Horton Hears A Who (*****)
3. Walter Matthau - How The Grinch Stole Christmas (***)
4. John Cleese - Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are (*)
5. Ted Danson - The Lorax (*)
6. John Lithgow - Yertle The Turtle (*****)
7. John Lithgow - Gertrude McFuzz (*****)
8. John Lithgow - The Big Brag (***)
9. Mercedes McCambridge -Thidwick The Big-Hearted Moose (*****)
10. Billy Crystal - Horton Hatches The Egg (*****)
11. Kel...more
Becky Puzey
Dr Seuss is one of the funniest and most original children's book authors I have encountered, and I have encountered a lot! The Cat in the Hat is probably his most popular, it is a classic, but my favourites would be Green Eggs and Ham, and Oh, the places you'll go!, as the colourful illustrations and clever rhymes enthralled both my parents reading it to my young self, and myself. I still reread Dr Seuss books sometimes, as they are crazy and light-hearted, I would recommend them.
Asalyn Holliday
Like Mr. Brown, I think this Dr. Seuss book would also be great for building skills in phonics. It reminds me of activities we have talked about in class where children can explore how adding a new letter to "at" can change the sound and make a new word.
Brigid Sullivan
This is a classic book for kids all ages. I use this with my Kindergartners, but you could easily apply it to lessons with older students as well. It is about 2 siblings who stay home by themselves, only to be joined by a magical cat who wreaks havoc on their house. The cat destroys just about everything, setting the kids up to get in trouble with their mom, only to get everything quickly and magically cleaned up before she gets home. It is a fun fantasy tale about magic, powers, talking animals...more
Maura
This book is wonderful for kids that love to rhyme. This book is about two kids having to stay inside because it was raining outside. They were so bored and had nothing to do. Then all of a sudden, a cat in a hat showed up at their door. The kids got into so much mischief, but they realized their mother would not be happy with how her house looked if she came back home. The kids told the cat to help them clean up the house and fix their messes. This book helps children realize that having fun is...more
Grace
My son loved it...we own most of the books, so we were following along. My son's review "I liked it very good".
Rachel
Best.Thing.Ever! Am listening to this in my car and feeling like a 4 year old all over again.
The UHQ Nasanta
4 stars

This is a collection of books by Dr. Seuss narrated by Kelsey Grammer, Dustin Hoffman, Walter Matthau, John Cleese, Ted Danson, John Lithgow, Mercedes McCambridge, and Billy Crystal. It also comes with a short excerpt of Green Eggs and Ham by Jim Dale, narrator of the U.S. audiobooks of Harry Potter. They were all excellent narrators, who employed different voices for the various characters. There were background music and sound effects that sounded appropriate to the moment and made it m...more
Aj Capuzzo
I read this book when I was four years old. This book was a story but it was short so it was a short story. This book was about when the cat in a hat came to two children and help them have fun. I rated this book 5 stars because it was a very exciting book and I thought it was very entertaining when I was 4 years old.
Melissa
All classic children's stories. I memorized "the cat in the hat comes back" by the time I was three. A lot of people thought I was a bright reader, but really it was just engraved in my mind.
Esther
Kelsey Grammer narrates this book and it's fabulous! When I read this book out loud to A it just seems like it takes forever to get through but Grammer reads it with enthusiasm and it rolls right off the tongue and A isn't even ready to turn the page yet. (During my readings she's turning the page before I'm halfway through). There is a part in the story that makes me laugh everytime during this recording which is fabulous to find a book for both my 2yr old and me to listen to over and over and...more
Stephanie Martin
Picture Book 12: This book is my all time favorite dr.seuss books. I love this book because it is a classic and the most well known book that dr. seuss has made. It was my first dr.seuss book I ever read when I was little and this is the book that got me hooked on all of his books! I would recommend this book to anyone who hasn't read it, which cannot be that many people because it is such a classic. I hope children today appreciate all this book has to offer and I hope it gets children into dr....more
Crisanto J. Jorda
Classic. I laughed. I cried. Maybe I even farted.

Who knows—I was only six when I first read this book.
Eva
Very entertaining! My son loved hearing these stories read to him by different artists...
Wendy
Jul 09, 2014 Wendy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: karla
Great book for bedtime story...children love the rhyming words.
Candace Salima
Jul 21, 2008 Candace Salima rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone.
This was a book that always made me want to reach through the pages and literally strangle the Cat in the Hat. Dr. Seuss gave us a great little story about all the trouble two children with nothing to do can get into. "Idle hands are the devil's tool," is truer than many people might think.

This book is a must have in every family library. It's fun and teaches a great lesson.

Purchase The Cat in the Hat.
Grace
Aug 10, 2014 Grace added it
My favorite author as a little kid.
Matthew Bogdan
An exceptional read.
Jaret
This audiobook had 12 classic Dr. Seuss tales including my absolute favorite tale, "The Lorax". This was a great audiobook because, of course, the stories stand the test of time. But it was also great because of the quality of narrators overall. The stories were read by the likes of Ted Danson, Kelsey Grammar, Dustin Hoffman and John Lithgow. You could tell by the narration that the narrators were truly enjoying the stories and were reading as if they were sharing this beloved story with their o...more
Jean Oram
A classic, however I do prefer some of his others more such as 'Green Eggs and Ham' and 'All the Things You Can Think.'

I suppose it the 'fish' in me that makes the cat's behaviour get me all upset and antsy. See, the cat comes in and breaks rules and disturbs the house when the mom is away and the kids are home alone. The fish is the one saying they should do this and they shouldn't do that. Even as a kid, I think I would have sided with the fish. ;)
Jill Henrie
The only book I didn't like of Dr. Seuss was Cat in the Hat, because the Cat gets the kids to let him in and dis=obey their Mom's rules. It reminds me of the Wizard of OZ, which I didn't like it in Black and White. I only like the part where the witch is melting. The Fish who is the conscience and the water are my heroes, be aware that there are some kids that will feel like me. I was a FISH out of Water and very Obedient and both gave me anxiety! JILL
Stephanie
A fun book for early readers
Kristi
This is a fun story about a little boy and girl who are left at home while their mother decides to go out. It's wet and rainy outside and the kids are bored. Then they catch the attention of a cat who wants to play with them, but not only that he wants to bring Thing One and Thing Two with him. As they play, they create a disaster of a mess inside! Moral of the story, don't leave your kids at home!
Leslie Rock
The Cat in the Hat is easily one of the most beloved children's books of all time. It's very likely that all the students in your classroom with be familiar with this story which makes it such a great teaching tool. It's a wonderful book for teaching poetry. There are so many lesson plans that go along with this book to teach children reading, writing, and a variety of other subjects.
Margot Finke
Cat in the Hat is a fun frillick with an antsy cat in a ridiculous hat. The rhyme and meter is uniquely Zeuss, and plays with language like a cat plays with a ball of string. Kids are hooked and adults keep reading it for pure fun. Top hats off to dear Dr Zeuss.

Books for Kids - Manuscript Critiques
B
It's Dr. Seuss! What more can you say? Inspirational, appropriate and fun for any age.
Kelly
This is a wonderful collection of some of the best Dr Seuss stories. My daughter really loves the rhyming, she loves to have the stories read to her before bedtime and loves to read through on her own. She also really enjoys the illustrations. Great book, every family should have a copy.
April
Fantastic book for kids! So imaginative and creative. Easy read that children will find delightful!

Dr. Seuss is always brilliant! His stories and rhymes are fun and entertaining! Some of my all time favorites!! Such a great way to entertain children and get them interested in reading!
Mackenzie Castaline
I love Dr.Seuss. Cat in the Hat uses a series of rhymes to gain the childs attention. The cat is an inventive charachter who gets the children to do wrong but in the end learn a lesson.

LE

1. What kind of animals would make good pets
2. What is right and wrong.
  • Dr. Seuss's Green Eggs and Ham: For Soprano, Boy Soprano, and Orchestra
  • Curious George Goes to the Hospital
  • I Was So Mad
  • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
  • Pinocchio (a Little Golden Book: Classic)
  • Sleeping Beauty: a Little Golden Book (Disney Princess)
  • The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV
  • A Fish Out of Water
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • The Lion King (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Peter Pan (A Little Golden Book)
  • The Very Quiet Cricket
  • Put Me in the Zoo
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly
  • Frosty the Snowman (Frosty the Snowman)
  • The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body (The Magic School Bus, #3)
  • The Best Nest
  • Just Me in the Tub (Mercer Mayer's Little Critter)
Theodor Seuss Geisel was born 2 March 1904 in Springfield, MA. He graduated Dartmouth College in 1925, and proceeded on to Oxford University with the intent of acquiring a doctorate in literature. At Oxford he met Helen Palmer, who he wed in 1927. He returned from Europe in 1927, and began working for a magazine called Judge, the leading humor magazine in America at the time, submitting both carto...more
More about Dr. Seuss...
Green Eggs and Ham The Cat in the Hat How the Grinch Stole Christmas! Oh, The Places You'll Go! The Lorax