Start by marking “Rocky Mountain Haven (Six Pack Ranch, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rocky Mountain Haven (Six Pack Ranch, #2)

Rocky Mountain Haven (Six Pack Ranch #2)

4.15  ·  Rating Details ·  3,987 Ratings  ·  225 Reviews
Beth Danube has escaped to a small Alberta town to make a new start for herself and her three little boys. Her emotionally abusive husband may be dead and buried, but so is her heart. What she doesn’t want is another man in her life—not now, maybe not ever. Yet when her libido reawakens after ten years of unsatisfactory sex in the missionary position, is any woman strong e ...more
Published April 2010 by liquid silver (first published March 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Rocky Mountain Haven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rocky Mountain Haven

Lisa
Jan 25, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it

“Falling in love with you has changed my entire life. I don’t know what I would have done if you hadn’t come dancing into my world.”

description

Rocky Mountain Haven the second book in Vivian Arend’s Six Pack Ranch series and it is about one of the middle Coleman brothers, Daniel. This book packs an emotional punch as it is a poignant tale about the most serious and reserved Coleman brother and a widow who was abused by her husband.

“I love you, Daniel Coleman. Every bit of you, from that long hard body t
Gina
Mar 29, 2013 Gina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, erotica

what a great story this was! Beth is trying to get her life back after an abusive marriage and a bad car accident that left her walking with a brace on her leg. Trying to feel like an attractive woman again and get her libido going she goes to a bar and is determined to find a man to pick up. Well she sees Daniel and decides to take a chance. What i loved about this little scene is Daniel could tell right from the start that this was not the real Beth and called her on it. So begins the romance
Kathleen
Dec 15, 2011 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Story Rating 5 stars
Character Rating 5 stars
Romance Rating 4 stars
Heat Level 4.5 stars
Overall Rating 5 stars

Oh My! I was hoping this book was every bit as good as the first one. I have to say that it was not, it was even better, This story absolutely WOWED me.

This of course was book 2 in the series and it revolves around Daniel. I LOVED everything about Daniel and the way he treated the heroine Beth and her children.

This story had some real angst to it that just gripped me. Because of what Beth
Jennifer☠Pher☠
This one just tips to the 4 star read for me. I loved it, don't get me wrong. It was hot, oh very hot and sweet. I always have such reservations with the love stories with the kids involved. It's me and not the book so I am giving it the rating it deserves. Off to book 3!!!
Dina
3 1/2 stars (rounded down to 3 stars, because Daniel was a little too "tame" for my linking)
Louise
Oct 14, 2016 Louise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.
These 6-pack brothers are delicious.. just a good fun cowboy romance,not much more to say :P
Ni_kii
When Beth’s abusive husband died, she decides to up sticks and move away for a fresh start. It was never going to be easy; with three small boys and a leg savaged by the car accident that left her a widow, she was never expecting this to be the least stressful experience but she wasn’t quite expecting the house she was supposed to be moving into to become suddenly unavailable. When a helpful member of the town allows her to temporarily move into one of the homes on their ranch, the last thing sh ...more
Ren
NOTE : Please read Vivian Arend announcement in the end of my review :)

First read : May 2010
Re-read : May 2011... Hooo, one years later to do re-read :P
Because I read this book first rather than the 1st book , Rocky Mountain Heat and I read it 3 days ago, so I do a re-read :)

First, enjoy this pic first, one of Six Pack cowboys of Six Pack Ranch

Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy ;)

Rocky Mountain Haven told the story of the middle son of Coleman's brother, Daniel Coleman. He met a woman, Beth, when h
Shari

This review was originally posted on Delighted Reader

Right after finishing Rocky Mountain Heat, I ran straight to read Rocky Mountain Haven. These Six Pack Coleman's are keeping me entertained! Blake and Lexi are getting married, but it's all about Daniel Coleman and the lovely Beth Danube.

We meet up with Beth out on the town with her sister who has found the younger Coleman twins. Feeling a little to old for the twins, she humors them all until Daniel shows up and he rocks her socks off with
Kimberly Lewis
Mar 09, 2012 Kimberly Lewis rated it really liked it
Another great addition to “The Six Pack Ranch” novels! This book takes place during and carries on after the end of the first novel. In this story we are introduced to Beth, a widowed mother of three young boys who comes to live in the spare house on the Coleman Ranch. Beth comes from an abusive past and is trying to start a new life for her and her boys. One of the main things she wants to focus on is regaining her faith in men. She meets Daniel Coleman in a bar and the two of them pretty much ...more
Eva (TXBookjunkie)
The first half of this book was hot. But then the last half sort of dragged for me - the pace of the story seemed slower as the hero and heroine settled into their relationship and became friends (as well as lovers).

I'm not sure if it was just the way the Kindle version was formatted, but the jumps in days/weeks was a little confusing since there was no distinguishing break between one paragraph and another that suddenly had you two weeks later in the story.

Daniel was so sweet. I'm glad things
Barbara
Jan 05, 2012 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finished last night and omg, I don't know where to start... I loved this book so hard!

Beth is an abused widow and mom of 3 who's determined to take back control of her life and her sexuality. While out for a night-on-the-town with her sister, she meets one incredibly hot cowboy. They experience a connection but Beth leaves with the intention of never seeing him again.

She and her boys move to a new town for a fresh start, new job, and new adventures only to discover the new town is also the home
Mspink
Mar 03, 2010 Mspink rated it it was amazing
I adored this book so much. I don't even know where to begin. This author knows exactly how to blend romance and eroticism together perfectly. And then add to that a beautiful extended family of characters that you can't help but love as well, you have the ideal story.

Beth was a strong woman but written in such a way that she was allowed to show her strengths as well as her weaknesses and vulnerabilities. She didn't have to act like one of those horribly stubborn females that throw up road bloc
Kate Phoenix
Gina
Oct 19, 2014 Gina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: need-review
I liked Daniel and Beth's story so much more. Daniel was so sweat, and a perfect leading man for Beth's broken soul.

Again there was a side story with this book, but it didn't feel as out of place as the one in Rocky Mountain Heat. It might be because this is the second in the series and I'm more invested in the brother as a whole, and not just the main characters.

Beth and Daniel's chemistry was contestable, but not as kinky as I was expecting after (view spoiler)
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Emotional abuse is a heavy burden to carry no matter if its man/woman/child. Its physical abuse that burns into the nightmares of them all. Beth Danube’s husband is dead and buried, but he left behind emotional abuse that is not so easily erased.

Months later, in her bid to claim her femininity back she meets Daniel Coleman and the fires ignite but blaze is all she allows. All until she meets said Coleman brother again and sparks begin to fly again.

Heed the warning. . .Warning: One woman determin
Amyiw
Well kind of sweet. Issac and Beth fit together though I didn't find the romance to have extreme chemistry. Just a enough to be sweet, not really sexy. This part of the story and seeing the first couple is a 3 1/2 stars but then she puts Matt and Helen's problems into the ending as a psuedo-cliffhanger. It doesn't really matter and is just trying to put some conflict in the story. Along with this, there is Gabe and Rafe's story with their father. I've read on in the books so I know what this per ...more
Cali Jewel
Mar 01, 2016 Cali Jewel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daniel Coleman is the exact antidote that Beth Danube needs but does not know she is looking for. Starting life over in a new town with her sons after a bad marriage she is so not looking to be trapped in another relationship ever again. She is feisty and outspoken it makes you wonder how she was in the bad marriage for so long. Luckily she finds Daniel and is smart enough not to fight her feelings to hard. Daniel is in the right place at the right time and finds the forever kinda love we all lo ...more
Jen
Apr 22, 2012 Jen rated it it was amazing
Chappy
Wow, I'm still amazed and drooling a little. Vivian Arend, you are awesome.

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite cowboy erotica series. Those Coleman boys have the best of both worlds. On one hand they have dirty dirty mouths and know how to use them but on the other hand they have this innate respect and adoration for women.

Totally loved Daniel and was sooo glad he was able to find love with Beth and her 3 boys.
Jo Ann Reinhold
Mar 14, 2016 Jo Ann Reinhold rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series and at first I didn't think I was going to like it but once again I found that the actual story was a sweet tale of love and family.
I will probably read the other books in the series just to see what is in store for the rest of these brothers!
Feb 14, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Daniel is so sweet when I comes to Beth and the kids. Beth has a horrible pass with abuse and doesn't trust easily especially when Daniel starts to get interested in Beth and wanting to date. Great story and HEA. Loved the kids.
Robin *loves sexy books*
Sep 08, 2010 Robin *loves sexy books* rated it really liked it
loved this. book 1 of this series was pretty good, but i loved daniel and beth. these books with kids get me every time!!
Annie ♥Nocturnal Elocutionist♥
Just a really great story. Sensitive dealing of a woman who is damaged by an Alpha take charge kind of guy. It kept me engaged way past my regular bed time.
Niki
Mar 29, 2012 Niki rated it it was amazing
This was one of the most believable romance stories I've read in a long time. Simply because their romance was not rushed.
Jennifer Clark
Nov 05, 2011 Jennifer Clark rated it it was amazing
Another spectacular book in an AMAZING series. I cant say much but i do love love love me some six pack boys
Christina
Jul 08, 2012 Christina rated it really liked it
I don't know what it was about Daniel & Beth, but I loved their story. I guess it seemed so realistic, so true. I dunno. Read it, it's worth it.
Sharon
Apr 19, 2010 Sharon rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
I really liked this story and loved Daniel. There are several editing mistakes I wish had been caught because they kinda threw me out of the story. Other than that, the story was great.
Tammie
Jun 11, 2011 Tammie rated it really liked it
Review coming soon!
Erotic Horizon
When Beth Danube packs up her family and moved to small town Rocky Haven the last person she expects to see there is Daniel, the man who made such an impact on her a few month ago in a nightclub.

Needless to say Beth was surprised but had no time to dwell on it, because Daniel Coleman is not a man to be thwarted twice and soon makes clear to Beth that he is interested in her and he is not willing to hide or be her dirty little secret.

With a start off like that I was spinning through the pages of
  • Southern Comfort (Compass Brothers, #2)
  • Saddled and Spurred (Blacktop Cowboys, #2)
  • Ride (Studs in Spurs, #3)
  • Eastern Ambitions (Compass Brothers, #3)
With over 2 million books sold, Vivian Arend is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over 50 contemporary and paranormal romance books, including the Six Pack Ranch and Granite Lake Wolves.

Her books are all standalone reads with no cliffhangers. They're humorous yet emotional, with sexy-times and happily-ever-afters. Vivian pretty much thinks she's got the best job in the world, an
More about Vivian Arend...

Six Pack Ranch (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Rocky Mountain Heat (Six Pack Ranch, #1)
  • Rocky Mountain Desire (Six Pack Ranch, #3)
  • Rocky Mountain Angel (Six Pack Ranch, #4)
  • Rocky Mountain Rebel (Six Pack Ranch, #5)
  • Rocky Mountain Freedom (Six Pack Ranch, #6)
  • Rocky Mountain Romance (Six Pack Ranch, #7)
  • Rocky Retreat (Six Pack Ranch, #8)
  • Rocky Mountain Shelter (Six Pack Ranch, #9)
  • Rocky Mountain Devil (Six Pack Ranch, #10)
  • Rocky Mountain Home (Six Pack Ranch, #11)

“have a few beers?” Gabe resisted the urge to roll his eyes. “One, since part of the reason for you to” 0 likes