Start by marking “Zig-Zagging: Loving Madly, Losing Badly - How Ziggy Saved My Life” as Want to Read:
Zig-Zagging: Loving Madly, Losing Badly - How Ziggy Saved My Life

Zig-Zagging: Loving Madly, Losing Badly - How Ziggy Saved My Life

Our lives aren't composed like a headstone with a straight line that marks the date of the first breath we take to the last; the journey we're on is really a zigzagging series of unexpected detours. Every detour is a destination unto itself, and regardless of our plans, it's what we don't see coming that often affects us most...

Ziggy cartoonist Tom Wilson didn't see it com
Published January 1st 2009 by Health Communications

To ask other readers questions about Zig-Zagging, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zig-Zagging

Kathy (Bermudaonion)
Tom Wilson, Jr’s beloved father was the creator of the Ziggy cartoon, so Tom grew up feeling like Ziggy was his younger brother. Tom would sit in the basement with his father and create drawings of his own. Tom attended Miami University and fell in love with Susan, a very spiritual woman. Tom and Susan settled into a quiet, stable life and had two boys.

When Tom’s father became ill, Tom took over drawing the Ziggy cartoon because he felt like no one else knew Ziggy like he does. When Susan was di
Maria
Tom Wilson has an affecting tale to tell -- about his relationship with his father, about his relationship to art and the character his father created (and he has drawn for many years) Ziggy, about his relationship with his wife and her battle with cancer, and about his anger with God and the subsequent realizations he has come to about life, love, and family. It's obvious that Tom is a talented artist, but writing is not his forte; the book would have benefitted from stronger editing or a co-wr ...more
Monique
Dec 22, 2012 Monique rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I remember loving this book the first time I read it. This time I quit three-quarters of the way through. Maybe the talk of God pissed me off after the Newtown shootings.
John
Nov 30, 2009 John rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny. Inspirational. Too short? Honest, but glosses over some details. Poor reproduction of some artwork.
Lynn
Jun 22, 2009 Lynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Never knew Ziggy comics were passed from father to son. Great memoir about how having a passion for work can help you survive in difficult times.
Stacey
Stacey rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2010
Chandra Boulden
Chandra Boulden rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2014
Sherree
Sherree rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2010
Bob
Bob rated it it was ok
May 29, 2009
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2009
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2011
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2009
Timmy McBride
Timmy McBride rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2011
Deb Krill
Another book about the grieving process giving some insight into a cartoonist life, it was okay.
Sherri
Sherri rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2014
Tova
Tova rated it did not like it
Feb 04, 2013
Colleen Hennegan
Colleen Hennegan rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2009
Ava
Ava rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2013
Christine Claire
Christine Claire rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2013
Len Svitenko
May 13, 2013 Len Svitenko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Tom's expression of his feelings were real and honest.
Walker Kennedy
Walker Kennedy rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2009
Erica
Erica rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2015
Tiny
Tiny marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2009
Dottie
Dottie marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2009
Terri
Terri added it
Jun 02, 2009
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2009
Cara
Cara is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2010
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2010
Ginny
Ginny marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2011
Arielle
Arielle marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2013
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013
Lynn Charles
Lynn Charles marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2010
Lynn Reich-Levine
Lynn Reich-Levine marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Tom^^Wilson

Tom Wilson is the author of the phenomenally popular cartoon Ziggy, which is syndicated internationally in more than 600 newspapers. He lives in Cincinnati, Ohio with his two sons and is president of Ziggy and Friends, Inc. Wilson is also founder of Character Matters, a branding and marketing firm.
More about Tom Wilson...