Start by marking “A Thief at the National Zoo” as Want to Read:
A Thief at the National Zoo

A Thief at the National Zoo (Capital Mysteries #9)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  179 ratings  ·  12 reviews
It's a red, white, and blue mystery from popular A to Z Mysteries author Ron Roy!
A Thief at the National Zoo
In the ninth book of the Capital Mysteries--an early chapter book mystery series featuring fun facts and famous sites from Washington, D.C.--KC and Marshall are helping out with the baby tigers at the National Zoo when they meet a new friend, Sunwoo, from China. Su
Published July 1st 2009 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about A Thief at the National Zoo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Thief at the National Zoo

Verkiezen
Capital Mysteries #9 : A Thief at the National Zoo by Ron Roy is a pretty darling beginning chapter book. It's a mystery that focuses on the theft of a "Tiger's Eye" jewel that's been loaned to the National Zoo for a year. The main characters of the Capital Mysteries are twelve year old KC--stepdaughter to the President--and her friend Marshall. I actually picked this book up because I loved the photos of the main characters on the back (particularly Marshall). I'll admit to being a tad bit disa ...more
Luke Ewell
After being at a party for the tigers, the kids find out that somebody has stolen the tiger eye. It brings good luck and is a rock of amber with emeralds inside. They find out it was one of the workers at the zoo. I like the zoo in DC that we go to and it is the same one in this story. My favorite thing to see there is invertebres, seals and the Reptile House.
Caleb
I liked it. They bring this jewel from China and it gets stolen and Casey and Marshall have to find it and they have lots of suspects.
Dolly
Aug 22, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We are working our way through the Capital Mysteries series and we are just about caught up with the latest. A few more to go and then we'll have to wait for more. This story didn't engage our girls quite as fiercely as some of the other stories, so it took us several days to finish it. Otherwise, it was an entertaining story and our girls have asked several times to go to the National Zoo. It will have to be one of our next day trips (after we're finished moving in, of course!)
Ingrid
KC and Marshall are helping with the baby tigers at the National Zoo. The president of China comes to lend a precious jewel to the zoo to raise money for endangered tigers. The jewel is stolen from a reception and KC and Marshall must solve the mystery and find the stolen jewel. I think that this is a fun mystery for younger readers. There is some information about endangered tigers and the National Zoo at the end of the book.
Sydney
when kc and her friend help out with the baby tigers and meet the new tiger from china named sung woo and this person lends the zoo a jewel called the tiger's eye while the zoo has a big party and then the lights go out and it turns back on and when they see that the tiger eye is missing.
Haley Anne Judi
I checked this book out of the library. I just felt like reading a short mystery book. Usually some of these mystery books can be dumb but this one I liked.
Ashley
it was a really good book. i mean i love tigers so i really enjoyed this book.I hope you enjoy this book just like i did.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
When a light goes off at the party a thief takes the tigers eye. The tigers eye give good luck to tigers. L. A.
Payton
Its how this valueble emerald covered in amber was supposed to come in the zoo for a year but it got stolen.
Amy
Another excellent tale in the Capital Mystery series, this book deals with a crime at the National Zoo.
Abdussalom
Abdussalom marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Niranjan Acharya
Niranjan Acharya marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Ananya
Ananya marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Andie
Andie added it
Feb 09, 2015
  • Nate the Great Goes Down in the Dumps
  • Cam Jansen and the Wedding Cake Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #30)
  • The Moon Scroll (The Secrets Of Droon, #15)
  • Ticket Trouble (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #10)
  • Beware! It's Friday the 13th (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #13)
  • The Giant Diamond Robbery
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Sword (The Boxcar Children Mysteries #67)
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Midnight Visitor (Encyclopedia Brown, #13)
  • While You Were Sleeping
  • Monday with a Mad Genius (Magic Tree House, #38)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (The Junior Novelization)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

Capital Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Who Cloned the President? (Capital Mysteries #1)
  • Kidnapped at the Capital (Capital Mysteries #2)
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • A Spy in the White House (Capital Mysteries #4)
  • Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb? (Capital Mysteries, #5)
  • Fireworks at the FBI (Capital Mysteries #6)
  • Trouble at the Treasury (Capital Mysteries #7)
  • Mystery at the Washington Monument (Capital Mysteries #8)
  • The Election-Day Disaster (Capital Mysteries #10)
  • The Secret at Jefferson's Mansion (Capital Mysteries, #11)
The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1) The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2) The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9) The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3) The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)