Start by marking “Bitten (Dangerous Girls, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Bitten (Dangerous Girls, #1-2)

Bitten (Dangerous Girls #1-2)

You'll love them—to death.

Twin sisters Destiny and Livvy Weller return home from summer vacation with a dark secret . . . and an inhuman desire to drink blood. What have they become? Can they ever turn back? As their deadly secret becomes harder to keep, more questions arise and loyalties are tested. And as one sister descends into darkness, the other must find a way to sa
Published 2010 by HarperTeen

Trisha W.
Aug 19, 2010 Trisha W. rated it it was amazing
I love R. L. Stine, so of course I loved this book. I have been a huge fan of his since I was 13 and started reading his Goosebumps series. He is just an awesome author. And I am not ashamed to admit that I own almost all the Goosebumps movies.

The book has two sisters, Destiny and Livvy. Their mother dies and they are told that she committed suicide. They of course couldn't figure out why their mom would want to leave them, and later on they find out the truth.

The book starts off with the girls
Amber Ditullio
Oct 21, 2011 Amber Ditullio rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of RL Stein, Fans of teen paranormal
This is a compilation of the two books thus-far written for this series. The first book, Dangerous Girls, introduces the reader to Destiny and Livvy Weller, twin sisters ending their jobs as summer camp councilors before the start of their senior year of high school. After all the kids have gone, the councilors and the junior councilors have one last good time together, and Destiny finds herself walking in the woods with the gorgeous head life-guard, Renz Angelina. Little does she know, but Renz ...more
Rosalee Korte
Mar 14, 2013 Rosalee Korte rated it it was amazing
Bitten is an amazing book for people with an interest in mysteries and vampires. The book is about two sisters Destiny and Livvy. They are trying to keep the fact that they had gotten bitten a secret. One sister sways to the dark side and one sticks with the plan. Who will it be who turns against her sister? Which girl has entered the dark side and will she be able to be pulled out? They both want to live to see the full moon but who will make it there? Who will survive? The purpose the author ...more
Leslie Olson
Mar 23, 2016 Leslie Olson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Another one I've read more than once... 4 times to be exact! Just loved it!
Nov 14, 2010 Clammy rated it liked it
So after two days of putting off reading this book, I finally took the time to read it today. I have to say, it didn't really let me down. R.L. Stine has been one of my favorite childhood authors since I first discovered the goosebumps series so I anticipated that this would have at least one or two shocks in it but it had MANY. I'll try to keep this spoiler free.

I really hated Livvy and felt sympathy for Destiny. I mean, how does one put up with a girl like Livvy? So there were some things I di
Nov 01, 2012 Maya rated it it was amazing
Destiny Weller narrates the adventurous story of how her and her twin sister, Livvy, got bitten by a vampire at Camp Blue Moon. Bitten is about a girl and her twin sister and how they got bitten by a vampire at summer camp. They have to search their town for a cure that will turn them back into humans. This book is very descriptive and has a lot of surprises. It also has a little bit of romance. Bitten is a good example of a fantasy book because it has a lot of vampires that turn into creatures ...more
Islam Ahmed
Jun 18, 2014 Islam Ahmed rated it it was ok
This is one of the weirdest books I've ever read. Really. I mean it has all the things that make a classical vampire book. Vampires turning into bats, Vampires rubbing their hands together sinisterly while saying "Yes, YES." I'm telling you classical vampire novel. Weird. What's up with Renz. He sees Deborah (Destiny and Livvy's mom) as Laura, he sees her daughters as Laura. How creepy is that.

Also, just when I think: "Hey, this a good ending to a chapter" Stine ruins it by saying some other st
Jan 31, 2012 Amy rated it it was ok
it's obvious the author was trying *hard* to be unique in his character names.

it's so obvious. I want to finish it b/c I started it, but it's almost painful to read b/c I know what is going to be said or done - NOT b/c I've read it before (I HAVEN'T), it's. just. obvious.

I'm DONE! Phew. It didn't suck, but I don't have to read it ever again.
Sep 02, 2014 Ashley rated it really liked it
Funny how they bundle books into one with a flashy new cover and kids nowadays think they are reading something new. Especially stuff by R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike.
I may not be a teen anymore but I guess I will always have a soft spot for these authors and their "safe" horror and that is what keeps me re-visiting these stories as I stumble across them in their new look.
Nothing but typical R.L. Stine through and through in this one. I know that I had read "Dangerous Girls" previous to readi
this book was good, and I really liked the twist in it.
Jun 13, 2011 W.H. marked it as to-read
Shelves: vampire, dark-fantasy
Twin sisters..... this looks like a good read
Oct 25, 2010 Annie rated it it was amazing
It was awesome!
Mar 28, 2011 P.E. rated it liked it
Bitten was the story of twin sisters Livvy and Destiny and their encounters with vampires.

The first thing I noticed was that it was easy to see who was the "good" sister and the "bad" sister early on. They were completely different from each other, so much that at times I couldn't believe how they possibly liked each other. It also made me not overly like them as characters. Livvy was selfish and impulsive while Destiny was so kind, caring and a bit whiny.

Destiny cried a lot and I know she had
Sep 10, 2012 Heather rated it liked it
Read more reviews here!

I was too old for R. L. Stine when these books were originally published, and I probably would not have bought this book except for the fact that it was $4. I can't resist cheap books, even if they might not be something that I'd buy otherwise. I also sometimes like reading books that remind me of my younger reading years, though I always preferred Christopher Pike to R. L. Stine.

Technically, they are two different books, so I am going to do them separately and give them o
Nov 02, 2011 Shanon rated it liked it
Let me just say that R.L. Stine is the one who sparked my passion for reading several years ago, and for that I thank him! When I was younger I couldn't get enough of his Goosebumps and Fear Street books. So when I bought this book, I was feeling nostalgic and eager to channel my inner twelve-year-old again. I read this book before Halloween, because when I think of this holiday, I think of R.L. Stine. This book is actually two books combined into one. The first book is called "Dangerous Girls" ...more
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Feb 21, 2011 Savannah (Books With Bite) rated it really liked it
I love R.L. Stine. I remember when I was little I would always ask the librarian for his books and could not wait till the next one is out. So when I saw this book on the shelf at Target I could not resist and bought it. I was glad that I did because this book rocked!

The first story talks about the sisters becoming vampires. We meet an obsessive vampire who is drawn to the girls because they look like his long lost love. In turn, the girls fight their nature doing whatever it takes to find the r
Darren Hayes
R. L . Stine was a staple in my child hood, I always seemed to have a book of his in my hands at all times when I was younger whether it be from Goosebumps series, or from the Fear Street series. I have also read his adult novel Superstition. I am going to say that R.L.Stine writes much better in the adult world other then he feels he needs to use language constantly.

So when R.L.Stine started writing more books I thought why not take a trip back in time. So my question is do teenagers really ta
Apr 14, 2012 Gail rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, vampires
Well first, this book is about vampires.

Shocker there.

Secondly, the vampires aren't like the ones from Twilight that sparkle in the sun or the ones that have to drink immortal elixer, no. These vampires are the ones that live forever, suck blood and terrorize people.

In the book there are twins, Destiny and Lizzy who end up being bitten by the same vampire while they are camp. The reason why the vampire bit them? Well they looked like the girl he loved that got killed. To be with her again, th
Jan 02, 2012 Ruby rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book because I kept finding myself wanting to know how it would end. Dee and Livvy are twins who spend the summer counseling at a children’s camp to escape their own troubles. They get bitten by a vampire while at camp and have to find a cure before the next full moon in order to restore themselves to human. While searching for the cure, they learn more about their hometown than they ever wanted to know. While I guessed some of the plot twists, others left me surprised. Definitely ...more
Feb 11, 2013 Mizuki rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires-related
The Dangerous Girls is a pretty average teenage vampire series, but if you are looking for something to kill time with, you might well pick this series up, the major plot-twists are enjoyable. At least I appreciate that the vampires in the stories are those traditional ones (drink blood, can transform into bat/animals, go out at night, can't see themselves in mirrors, etc), the author didn't shy away from killing supporting characters in meaningful ways, the sexy pretty boy vampire is being reve ...more
Nov 18, 2010 Robyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, vampires, own
After returning home from summer camp twin sisters Destiny and Livvy Weller come back with an inhuman desire to drink blood. As the twins began to turn into vampires and their desire for blood worsens their loyalty and bond are tested. As one twin descends into darkness, the other must find a way to save her - and herself. Who will live to see the glow of the next full moon? Which sister will survive?

First I have to say I have always been a fan of R.L Stine since I was kid. I read this book in t
Jun 08, 2015 Hillary rated it liked it
I started this book yesterday and I admit parts of these two books it was so simple teenage drama between girls, boys and vampires.
Michelle Reynoso
Jan 09, 2012 Michelle Reynoso rated it liked it
Bitten follows twin sisters, Destiny & Livvy, as they return home from summer camp only to discover that vampires are invading their small town. And they are smack-dab in the middle of it all - they are also craving blood - they need it. Can they keep it a secret? Will they become full fledged vampires?

Bitten is a fast-paced easy read. But on the same token, it's also lacking some of Stine's hook and pizzazz that are in his stories for younger readers.

I enjoyed it, but it isn't in my top r
Apr 21, 2013 Stacey rated it it was ok
Ah, R.L. Stine, you were there for me when I was just a teenager who wanted to read semi-scary books. (Of course, so was L.J. Smith, Christopher Pike, and Zoe Daniels, but I digress). This is mostly the same as all the others. Girls get turned into ghouls (for the non-White-Wolf sect out there, the book calls them "neophytes", almost-but-not-yet vampires) at camp; Girls return home and freak out; Girls start feeding on family pets and best friends; One of the girls finds the truth and is CURED!, ...more
Sep 15, 2015 Madelinewilliams rated it really liked it
I thought this book was amazing
Kirsi Mannonen
Apr 05, 2016 Kirsi Mannonen rated it it was ok
Easy, light reading.
Michelle Zafora
Feb 17, 2012 Michelle Zafora rated it liked it
i thought this was dark which is good because its a vampire book after all. i had high expectations of this book because RL Stine wrote it but i have to say it was kinda like a typical RL Stine book with a cliffhanger at the end of every chapter so it got kind repetitive and predictable. and also, the main characters (Dee and Livvy) were kind of annoying. i thought livvy was the best candidate for "worst sister ever". i didnt really like the ending but it was ok. i think the characters were very ...more
Jessica Buike
Nov 01, 2011 Jessica Buike rated it it was amazing
I grew up reading R.L. Stine's Goosebumps series, so when I saw his name on a Vampire book I just had to stop and pick it up! This book encompasses two books: Dangerous Girls and Taste of Night. The characters in this anthology are fun and the plot is a new spin on becoming a vampire. It contains the same thrilling amounts of twists and turns that you would expect from R.L.Stine, with an appeal to a teen and adult audience. These stories were fast reads, and I highly recommend them!
Kristi Lynn
Nov 07, 2011 Kristi Lynn rated it it was ok
The reason I read this book is being that I read R.L. Stine books growing up. Apparently my taste has changed.

The book was alright. As you can tell, it is an omnibus of 'Dangerous Girls' & 'The Taste of Night'. 'Dangerous Girls' was the better one. As for 'The Taste of Night', eh, it was hard to follow at times. It skipped around to different times periods within a month then a two week period. Like I said, hard to follow.

Feb 28, 2012 J rated it liked it
Hubby got for me from the library so i had to stop reading the one i really wanted to read to read this one. and boy was it painful. to be honest i finnished the first book (it's 2 books in one) but i just could not continue. it was almost predicably idiotic. i suppose i will finnish it eventually cuz i usually don't start a book and not finnish it. i like r.l.stine but some of the works that has been done are painful to read.
  • Dark Moon (Wereling, #2)
  • The World of Alice (Alice, #1-4)
  • Pemba's Song: A Ghost Story
  • The Triad of Finity (Oliver Nocturne, #6)
  • Vampire Kisses - Blood Relatives: Complete Edition
  • Alyxandra Harvey Collection (Drake Chronicles, #1-3; Haunting Violet, #1)
  • Do-Over
  • Birth of the Pack (Weregirls, #1)
  • When the Soldiers Were Gone
  • Princess Jellyfish, Tome 1
  • Mars, Volume 02
  • The Woman in the Wall
  • Pretty Dead
  • Summer (Witch Season, #1)
  • Shelter (Blood Haze, #1)
  • ReVamped (Vamped, #2)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Dangerous Girls (2 books)
  • Dangerous Girls (Dangerous Girls, #1)
  • The Taste of Night (Dangerous Girls, #2)