Start by marking “Secret Baby, Surprise Parents” as Want to Read:
Secret Baby, Surprise Parents

Secret Baby, Surprise Parents

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Grace McAllister thought being a surrogate for her sister would be a truly selfless act. But secretly Grace longed for the baby inside her to be her own, conceived in passion with the only man she had ever loved. But that could never be.
Josh Kingsley couldn't bear to watch the baby grow big in Grace's belly, unable to share in the magic. He wished she and the child were h
Published April 1st 2009 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Secret Baby, Surprise Parents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Baby, Surprise Parents

Laurie
Susan
Before the end of the very first sentence the reader is aware that something has happened that will affect the lives of Grace McAllister and Josh Kingsley.

Never predictable, always surprising, Secret Baby, Surprise Parents is a book that will touch your heart over and over.

As always, I'm loathe to give away any plot details for fear of spoiling the book for future readers. Rest assured that this story is a keeper for both readers and aspiring writers alike.

Liz Fielding has an elusive ingredient
Emily Stone
I loved this book, I don't care if it's true to life or if it really would ever happen like this, that's not why I read fiction books! I read them for the stories that are just that - fiction but still pull you in and make it enjoyable and make the characters feel real, a fab read
Fiona Marsden
The subject of surrogacy is always fraught with emotion. When Grace agrees to be surrogate for her sister Phoebe and brother-in-law Michael it is for the best of reasons. The only one not happy is Josh, Michael's brother and the man Grace has been in love with for ten years.

When Phoebe and Michael are killed in an accident it throws everything. Finally Josh and Grace have to confront the issues of what happens with baby Posie and the future which will link them forever through the baby.

Another e
Graham
A fine, modern romance from Liz Fielding and my first exposure to the author.

I'm astonished at how readable this story is given that its structure is so untraditional. There's no big set up here, no traditional falling-in-love romance, just two people struggling to come to terms with tragedy and dealing with a very present problem.

The story is dialogue driven and Liz Fielding has a fine ear for realistic speech. The characters are well drawn and completely human, and the romance elements subtly
Becky Black
More serious than the other books by this author that I've read, with the characters dealing with high stakes. But very enjoyable as usual. I'm not always keen on stories with babies in them, as they can get too cute for my taste. But that's avoided here. Even the "hero and baby being cute together" scenes are never milked to the point I find them sickly. Some excellent plot twists that made me go "whoa!"
Jacqueline
I liked this fairly well. Occasionally something would happen and I'd think where did that come from? Somehow the character would infer something that I would never have figured out from the conversation or situation. The ending was a bit too simplistic for me another big leap really. Not great writing and a little contrived. Still an enjoyable quick read.
Deborah Neil
Secret Baby, Surprise Parents was a good read that I gave three stars to. It has a good story line with an interesting twist. I really enjoy Liz Fielding's writing. It was a good read that I would recommend you trading.
JoAnne
Cute story with a billionaire and a baby - one of my favorite themes. Nice character development and closure with a nice happily ever after. Look forward to reading other books by this author.
Meetu
A bit far fetched but I loved this story. It's a fairy tale :)
Kelseypearl
Story jumped a bit, some places didn't flow. Also some grammatical issues.
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Zosephet
Zosephet marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
SH
SH marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • His Pregnant Housekeeper
  • The Millionaire's Nanny Arrangement
  • The Sicilian Boss's Mistress (Leopardi Brothers, #2)
  • Doorstep Twins
  • Expecting Royal Twins!
  • Claiming His Love-Child (O'Connells, #3)
  • Millionaire in Command (The Landis Brothers, #3) (Man of the Month) (Silhouette Desire, #1969)
  • Mistress by Contract
  • Spanish Magnate, Red-Hot Revenge
  • In Bed With Her Italian Boss
  • The Italian Boss's Mistress Of Revenge
  • Walk on the Wild Side
Best-selling author, Liz Fielding, has more than 15 million books in print. Nominated seven times for RWA's prestigious RITA award, she won with The Best Man & The Bridesmaid in 2001 and The Marriage Miracle in 2006. A Family of His Own won the RNA's Romance Prize, and was named Reviewers' Choice Best Harlequin Romance by Romantic Times BOOKreviews in 2005. She has also been given a Lifetime A ...more
More about Liz Fielding...
The Bride's Baby Wild Justice A Stranger's Kiss Eloping With Emmy Wild Lady