Start by marking “Stand Up For Your Life: A Practical Step-by-Step Plan to Build Inner Confidence and Personal Power” as Want to Read:

In her most provocative work to date, Cheryl Richardson, the New York Times bestselling author of Take Time for Your Life and Life Makeovers, challenges readers to begin an interactive training program that will transform internal obstacles such as self-doubt, conflict phobia, and a fear of what others think, into a new foundation of courage, confidence, and self-esteem. B ...more
Published March 26th 2002 by Free Press

To ask other readers questions about Stand Up For Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stand Up For Your Life

Deni Aria
Sep 19, 2014 Deni Aria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing to fear if we can identify what would be scary circumstances ! This book perfectly help me out to understand my very own being when I really need to move forward of future, a very recommended book !
Kate  Maxwell
I loved this book and all that it talked about. It was insightful, gave examples, and had plenty of exercises to do. Cheryl takes you by the hand and leads you to a path to gain greater self-confidence. I wanted to be in a Life Makeover group where I could go through these exercises with others. Can't wait to go through it again and take my time doing the exercises.
Haifa Asiri
Aug 08, 2015 Haifa Asiri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
لن انسى ما حييت فضل الله ثم هذا الكتاب علي ...
جميييييل جداً لضعفاء الشخصيات ..
ساعدني على بناء ثقتي بنفسي دون اللجوء لأحد ...
Rare Soul
هذا أقد كتاب قريته ب 2005
kmm1985
helpful - worth considering!
MountainShelby
Jun 15, 2012 MountainShelby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Highly recommended. Although the book is geared towards women (chronic people-pleasing/doormat types need to heed Richardson's advice), there's value for nearly everyone who needs a personal boost or a reminder that it's okay to have your own goals and set boundaries with others. I especially benefited form the four values exercise. This book also helped me gain the courage to set a clear boundary with a particularly difficult associate.
Jamie Weyermuller
So very helpful. Written as though she is your very own life coach.
Nikki Cotton
Jul 23, 2011 Nikki Cotton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this in my third year of college. Maybe I just read it at the perfect time, but I thought it was an excellent guide for taking control of your own life and decisions. Lots of interactive activities that make you explore your own position rather than just reading about someone else's.
Toni
Feb 17, 2010 Toni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: self help
Recommended to Toni by: my therapist
I highly recommend this book if you are at the point in life where you want to move forward and stop living in the past. You must be ready for taking simple but effective changes in your life to find the happiness everyone desires. Also recommend Cheryl's other books to continue your journey.
Mary Jo
Aug 10, 2016 Mary Jo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Cheryl Richardson is one of my favorite authors. She is a life-coach and has been on Oprah and is associated with Louise Hays and has her own webpage. I find all her books and guidance very helpful and good suggestions for life.
Satia
Probably ground breaking for some. I found it interesting but not inspiring nor enlightening but I didn't find it trite or irrelevant. For more: http://satia.blogspot.com/2010/03/sta...
Susan Visser
Apr 14, 2013 Susan Visser rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book, but I've managed to figure out most of this through experience. Wish I had read this while I was in university!
Clorinda
treat this like a workbook and have a notebook or journal when you are reading this book. Good advice.
Robert
Feb 22, 2009 Robert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Directed more at a female audience, I nevertheless found lots of useful guidance in this audiobook.
Gina
Sep 26, 2008 Gina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good practical advice, easy to read with something left over to think about
Ivan
it was nice
Lisa
Sep 01, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Life
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2016
Shweta
Shweta rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2016
Sandra Denise
Sandra Denise marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Yassin Bassain
Yassin Bassain marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Lise
Lise marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Fatma
Fatma marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Mary
Mary is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2016
Vi
Vi added it
Jul 26, 2016
AA M
AA M marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Izomy
Izomy marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Ammar Helali
Ammar Helali marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
  • The Secret of the Shadow: The Power of Owning Your Story
  • Unstoppable: 45 Powerful Stories of Perseverance and Triumph from People Just Like You
  • The Millionaire Maker: ACT, Think, and Make Money the Way the Wealthy Do
  • Love For No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love
  • Fit from Within: 101 Simple Secrets to Change Your Body and Your Life - Starting Today and Lasting Forever
  • Who Would You Be Without Your Story?: Dialogues with Byron Katie
  • Confessions of an Organized Homemaker: The Secrets of Uncluttering Your Home and Taking Control of Your Life
  • Power of the Soul: Inside Wisdom for an Outside World
  • The Tapping Solution for Weight Loss & Body Confidence: A Woman's Guide to Stressing Less, Weighing Less, and Loving More
  • Stretching Lessons: The Daring that Starts from Within
  • 52 Small Changes: One Year to a Happier, Healthier You
  • The Conscious Cleanse
  • Stop the Excuses!: How to Change Lifelong Thoughts. Wayne W. Dyer
  • Five Wishes: How Answering One Simple Question Can Make Your Dreams Come True
  • Silva Mind Control Method Of Mental Dynamics
  • People Are Idiots and I Can Prove It!: The 10 Ways You Are Sabotaging Yourself and How You Can Overcome Them
  • Produced by Faith: Enjoy Real Success without Losing Your True Self
  • Moving On: Creating Your House of Belonging with Simple Abundance

Cheryl Richardson is the author of The New York Times bestselling books, Take Time for Your Life, Life Makeovers, Stand Up for Your Life, The Unmistakable Touch of Grace and her new book The Art of Extreme Self Care. She was the first president of the International Coach Federation and holds one of their first Master Certified Coach credentials. Cheryl is also the recipient of the 2000 Motivation
More about Cheryl Richardson...

“There is nothing heavier than the burden of potential” 9 likes