Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  2 reviews
"Abingdon Pillars of Theology" is a series for the college and seminary classroom designed to help students grasp the basic and necessary facts, influence, and significance of major theologians. Written by noted scholars, these books will outline the context, methodology, organizing principles, primary contributions, and key writings of people who have shaped theology as w...more
Published February 1st 2010 by Abingdon Press

To ask other readers questions about Kierkegaard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kierkegaard

Jacquie Young
A solid introduction, much easier than reading Kierkegaard himself. I must admit, lee is a friend of mine, so I may be biased (but probably not... I have no trouble saying I don't love all of his writing!) :)
Kevin Ressler
Apr 27, 2012 Kevin Ressler rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Persons interested in Philosophy or Theology and especially Seminarians.
This was a helpful introduction into the challenges of Kierkegaard. It made me want to actually explore the writings of Kierkegaard myself, which I had not previously desired because I'd heard it was difficult and that one had to read extensively to get his points through the proliferation.

I especially appreciated the way in which Barrett used one character repeatedly to help understand how to read Kierkegaard through his fictional characters.
Essie Yolanda
Essie Yolanda marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2013
W. Bradford Littlejohn
W. Bradford Littlejohn marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2011
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2010
Kierkegaard and the Bible Tome 2. The Heidelberg Catechism On Kierkegaard and the Truth Thinking the Faith with Passion: Selected Essays