Start by marking “I Cavalieri del Drago Rosso” as Want to Read:
I Cavalieri del Drago Rosso

I Cavalieri del Drago Rosso

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  134 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Benjamin, Baldwin, Andrew, Roland: quattro ragazzi che vivono nello stesso quartiere e che, durante una lunga e intensa estate, fondano un po' per gioco e un po' sul serio una banda tutta particolare. Muniti di elmi, scudi e spade, saranno i Cavalieri del Drago Rosso, decisi a raddrizzare torti, combattere immaginarie battaglie e trasformare la vita di tutti in giorni in u ...more
Paperback, Junior +10, 127 pages
Published 1999 by Mondadori (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about I Cavalieri del Drago Rosso, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Cavalieri del Drago Rosso

Shelley
This was a really enjoyable easy read. It bought back fond childhood memories, playing make believe with my friends. Its a very thought provoking book and touches on a lot of subjects, mainly focusing on how people treat each other and the emotions it evokes from a child's point of view.

There's a really uplifting part where the children club together and get the community to help grandma Dell who's like the mother hen of the community. It was really refreshing to read, the power people have when
Virpi
Feb 18, 2014 Virpi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i've read this book twice aloud for my students, aged 12-13. Both times it left a lasting impact. It's a story that teaches hard lessons through seemingly meaningless incidents. The book creates good opportunities for discussion on choices and decisions and their effect our our own lives and those of others. I liked the fact that the book is easy to read, almost naive at times: this way it's not too hard for young readers to follow even the deeper themes.
penelopewanders
This was sent to me piggy back with another book from a bookcrossing friend. RABCKs are always such fun. This friend also knew that I teach, and thought this might be a good book to do with a class. I certainly appreciate that, and could imagine using it, although some of the language might be difficult for my EFL classes. The story itself was good - almost like a fairy tale - with evil characters as well, although I'll avoid creating a spoiler and not say more on that count. At one point I did ...more
Milla
Apr 13, 2014 Milla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
We read this in primary school, aged 11 or 12. That's more than ten years ago now so you can see what a lasting impact the story left. It's at times quite brutal, Ritari Benjamin Kyyhkynen (the Finnish title) must have been the most shocking book I had read so far and I read a lot as a child, too.
Mel Usack
I read this as a possible summer book for kids at the library. I think it's a good book for middle school kids or slightly younger, though the end was a bit harsh. I just love that it was written by the founder of the band The Sugarcubes, and translated from Icelandic
Simone Vinson
Jan 11, 2014 Simone Vinson rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: do-not-read
I read this book a few years ago and I honestly did not like it at all. Though it probably meant to leave the reader feeling hopeful, all I felt was the exact opposite. To me, the story seemed unrealistic and needlessly depressing. I don't think it lacked potential- but in my opinion, it never followed through.
Julie
Oct 19, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lesið á íslensku
Leslee
Sep 10, 2008 Leslee rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fiction
I didn't really like this book...it was reviewed well and received the International Board on Books for Young People Award...so I kept reading it, hoping to "get to the good part." I never did. The author's writing style is not conducive to an immersive reading experience, he switches form first to third person and the shifts in perspective are jarring and pull me out of the narrative. Additionally, I was left with many unanswered questions when I closed the book.
Sheree
Yikes. That was grim. Well written, but so depressing.
Ashley
Jun 17, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as a prize at an English Festival I attended. I wasn't sure what to expect when I started it. It's different than what I normally read, but I decided to give it a shot anyway. I was pleased with the book. It's about a group of boys, but I still found it interesting because the characters' emotions were explained. Overall I'd give it a 3. I liked it. It wasn't bad, just wasn't quite my cup of tea.
Heather
Jul 14, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: friendship, knights, bullies, adventure
Shelves: j-fiction
I can't remember what made me pick up this book, but I'm really glad I did. The only thing I didn't like was the sudden sad ending.

Four friends form the Order of the Red Dragon and imagine themselves to be knights on a quest to do good. Despite bullies and internal fighting, the Order really does make a difference in their neighborhood.
Jessica
At first I was enamored with the quaint language and sprightly characters in the book. But the way the text jumps back and forth between a third and first person is jarring and took me out of the story at times. Overall, it's a mystical fable that boys especially may enjoy.
Marya DeVoto
I picked this up at the library mostly because the Icelandic author is also a member of the Sugar Cubes, but it is pretty solid, readable YA boy's fiction of the kind that believes in pure hearts and redemption. The ending's a bit Terabithian.
Sylvia
New boy on the block befriends 3 boys and they form a group of pretend knights fighting for justice and against injustice. A careful look at human nature and why people behave the way they do. A serious book - sad at the end.
Kollster
Sep 12, 2013 Kollster rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Las þessa fyrir mig og son minn á kvöldin og mikið rosalega er þetta vönduð bók. Ég táraðist og röddin á mér titraði inn á milli bæði af gleði og sorg. Góð bók fyrir unga drengi og mömmur líka ;9
Naomi
Jun 17, 2009 Naomi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book since I'm adding it to the reading list for the course I'm teaching this summer. A simple story about a band of friends with a terrible twist at the end.
Cerridwen
Feb 27, 2012 Cerridwen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started off a little slow for me. At first I didn't like the style of writing. But the story is fantastic and is filled with imagination and friendship.
Sabrina
J-ca
J-ca rated it it was ok
May 24, 2016
Andri Karl
Andri Karl rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Dana
Dana rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2016
Alda
Alda rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Riikka
Riikka marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Faith
Faith rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Fridrik Erlings

Friðrik Erlingsson fæddist þann 4. mars 1962 í Reykjavík. Hann útskrifaðist sem grafískur hönnuður frá Mynd- og handíðaskóla Íslands 1983. Síðan hefur hann unnið við skriftir og á auglýsingastofu. Friðrik hefur samið og þýtt fjölda söngtexta, skrifað handrit að kvikmyndum og sjónvarpsefni, ævisögur og skáldrit fyrir alla aldurshópa. Skáldsagan Benjamín dúfa (1992) sem fjallar um hóp
More about Friðrik Erlingsson...