Start by marking “Timing (Timing, #1)” as Want to Read:
Timing (Timing, #1)

Timing (Timing #1)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  4,243 ratings  ·  345 reviews
Stefan Joss just can't win. Not only does he have to go to Texas in the middle of summer to be the man of honor in his best friend Charlotte's wedding, but he's expected to negotiate a million-dollar business deal at the same time. Worst of all, he's thrown for a loop when he arrives to see the one man Charlotte promised wouldn't be there: her brother, Rand Holloway.

Stefa
Published March 15th 2010 by Dreamspinner Press (first published March 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Timing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Timing

Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleHot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie Sexton
Favorite Gay Couples
33rd out of 2,111 books — 2,687 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyThe Assignment by Evangeline Anderson
Best Gay For You Romance
15th out of 529 books — 1,364 voters

More lists with this book...

Susan

REREAD 7/29/14

4 Stars

While searching for a new book to start, I randomly opened up Timing. And though I rarely reread, I just wanted something to get lost in. I still enjoyed it. I think Stef irritated me more this second time around. But Rand took my breath away x1000000 this time, so it all evens out. I'll stick with my original rating of 4 stars. Yes, ridiculous. Yes, over the top.

And YES! YES! YES!....RAND!!!!

********************

ORIGINAL REVIEW (3/11/11)

4 Stars

I don’t care.
I don’t care tha
Damon Suede
I 've read this charming book so many times and (for some reason) have never sat down to review it properly... This is the book that made me a fan of Mary Calmes and one I return to often.

This is easily one of my favorite M/M romances ever written, showing economy, precision and fierce sexuality that rewards multiple rereads. Mary Calmes has a (well-deserved) reputation for writing delightful contemporary gay romance, and in truth this book may be the best single expression of her many talents f
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
It's official.....

I. AM. IN. AN. MM. BOOK.

That's two DNFs in a row. And I haven't loved the few before that.

DNF @ 41%

You know, I actually quite liked this one to begin with. The premise was interesting. Stefan and Charlotte are long-time BFFs. Rand is Charlotte's brother. Rand and Stefan seem to hate each other.

I usually dig the whole enemies to lovers thing.

Too bad they went from enemies to lovers faster than the speed of light.

IDK, I just didn't buy it.

And after a while Charlotte and Stef
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
This book is classic Mary Calmes.

Mary Calmes books are like chicken soup for the gay soul. Perfect men that everyone love, toppy tops and bottomy bottoms, insta love, cowboys, and hot sex- I mean, it is just what the doctor ordered. The perfect M/M pick me up.

However, this isn't my first Mary Calmes rodeo. While I enjoyed this, I also found myself growing a bit irritated at the out-of-nowhere love, the over-the-top gregarious MC, and the sex that was the same time and time again. I want some v
Abbie
4.25 The look on his face, like I was just endearing and mesmerizing all at once, it was too much for me to resist. I stepped into him, my hand around the back of his neck as I eased in close and lifted up for the kiss. Stars.
Kissing
“Aw, for crissakes,” I yelled hoarsely, holding him in my arms. Who actually fainted at the sight of blood?

Stefan and Rand have been enemies for years, taking each and every opportunity to annoy and shame each other. When his best friend, Charlotte, is getting married, her
Ingela
Written September 26, 2014

4 Happy Stars - Super Über Sweet & Yummy Joy

I'd not read that many Mary Calmes (just three) and they might not been my favorite books neither, but nice, smexy and all "heartwarmers". As Heather said so well and wisely in her 3 stars review:
‘Mary Calmes books are like chicken soup for the gay soul. Perfect men that everyone love, toppy tops and bottomy bottoms, insta love, cowboys, and hot sex. I mean, it is just what the doctor ordered. The perfect M/M pick me up.
Lili

I am soooo happy to be out of my slump!!!

photo image.jpg1_zpsuwfrxlcz.jpg

Timing by Mary Calmes just pushed all the right buttons. This was a hot, romantic, with a sprinkle of mystery enemies to lovers story.

What I loved:
*Rand.

Loved. Everything. About. Him.
*Stefan. What can I say I loved him too.
*The secondary characters. Great family.
*As I'm sure you've gathered- the smoking hot sex.
*The relationship between Rand & Stefan. LOVED the build up.
*The friendship between Charlotte and Stefan.
*I prefer a dual POV but being onl
Rachel
I read this book in two days. It is a stupid book. A stupid, stupid fun book. I have to hand it to Mary Calmes - she had me with this one. I rolled my eyes, I groaned, but I couldn't put the book down.

Let's start with the cover. Whoever designed this cover has a sick sense of humor that I respect or they should just be punched in the face. Probably both. I saw this cover time and time again bouncing around Goodreads and every time I thought, "Nope" and kept on scrolling. But, apparently socially
Tara♥

"Scream my name, Stef... scream loud."

My first Mary Calmes.

I think I picked a good one because... RAND!!!

I have a bit of a cowboy thing and Rand is the perfect cowboy and he owns being awesome and hot and bossy and hot and just unf...

Yeah it's a bit silly and Stef doesn't always come across well but it's just a fun read and that was exactly what I was after. Oh and nookie. I was after nookie. This had it. In spades.

Mary Calmes and me could be about to embark on a beautiful friendship!!

Gigi
LOVED! Recommended!

R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

You know what?? Mary Calmes has a formula. It is consistent, it is expected, and I don't think I fully appreciated it until now. But I get it. I embrace it.

So this is a perfect example of what many of my peeps call "Calmes crack".

Take one popular, beautiful and coveted gay man. Add in a supposed straight, tough alpha. Mix and shake and toss and you've got a sexy, over the top, ridiculous romance that just works. Every time.
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***4.25 Stars***

"Do you wanna be my home?"

"It's all I want."

I've finally popped my Mary Calmes cherry! And hot damn, it was good for me!

I've heard so many great things about Mary Calmes' books and have been told that her writing is like good street crack....and well, I have to agree! There's something easy breezy about her writing. It flows effortlessly and engages you from the very first page.

Stefan and Charlotte have been best friends since meeting freshman year in college. Stefan doesn'
julio
Not a good book—but I enjoyed the hell out of it anyway.

Clumsy murder plot, BUT!!! smoking hot main characters.

*gestures in cranky bewilderment*

Too short by half, and fun, fun, fun.
Smokinhotbooks K.C.
Read Full Review Here

I was doing what I normally late at night (scouring Goodreads for my next man love book) when I came upon this gem. Some reviews were good others were just okay, but as I closed my eyes and listened to my inner m/m voice it said. “Do it KC. Buy it NOW” (surprisingly my inner voice sounded a lot like George Takei.)”

Have you ever read a book and it just worked on all levels: humor, drama, tension, well timed dialogue and sexy scenes. Charlotte and Stefan have been BFF’s since
Meags
4.5 Stars

My first ever Mary Calmes book was a raging success!

I literally couldn’t put it down.

Granted, this was fairly corny, with a really strong insta-love feel to it (regardless of the fact that the two MCs have known each other for over 10 years – there coming together still felt very sudden and unrealistically intense).

But you know what?.... I loved every single minute of it!!

The characters were great fun. I pretty much adored everyone, except for the big-bad, because reasons! Rand may hav
Susan
BR with bestie Elsbeth

A few things I learned after reading a few Mary Calmes books.

- Mary Calmes does NOT like condoms. I’m sure she has a latex allergy or she is traumatized by a bad experience. Because no one is using them in her books. There is always some excuse as to why they should skip it, even the first time together. Come on, let’s just have unprotected sex NOW!

description

- One of the characters is a man with such charisma that everyone likes him, all the time. And this person is so beautiful that
Heather C
I started this book not expecting to like it at all, but once I started I did not put it down until I was finished. It completely sucked me in. I loved Stef and Rand (the MCs) and all the secondary characters. Everyone loved Stef and it eventually got a little ridiculous to a point. I didn't like how all the bridesmaids liked to fondle Stef. Even straight men wanted to touch him and kiss him when they were drunk. Anyway it didn't really bother me enough to remove a half a star. Rand was hot...ev ...more
Isabel
What can I say? I love Mary Calmes's formula, I do! We can see Jory/Sam in this book, but in a different location, with different names, but here they are: incredible handsome man, everyone wants him, and the man he loves, one hell of an alpha male, powerful, possessive, beautiful, and that is completely in love with him.

And the sex scenes... (view spoiler) amazing!

Even being the same characters/different plot, I loved it!

Emma Sea
No review, as I could substitute the review for any one of Calmes's other books. Don't care. Loved it.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
What's not to love about this? Nothing.
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
May 08, 2011 Emanuela ~plastic duck~ rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Emanuela ~plastic duck~ by: Luci
I think that if this had been my first book by this author, I would have rated 4 stars because it's very enjoyable and the characters are cute, but Stefan is so similar to Jory of A Matter of Time, that it was like reading the same character all over again. Stefan is gorgeous; everybody loves him; when he enters a room, instant peace; everybody wants to touch him; people prefer him over long time friends and relatives; everybody admires him; the life of someone has depended, depends or will depe ...more
Gina

WOW WOW WOW! I loved this story! This story hit just the right spot for me on many levels, the two main characters captured my interest immediately and I love the secondary characters.

Stefan Joss is going to Texas to attend the wedding of his best friend Charlotte and to be her man of honor. His boss however is forcing him to mix business with pleasure and to close a real estate sale. Stefan on the surface appears to have it all together, attractive, intelligent, funny, able to charm everyone h
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
A typical Mary Calmes story. Drama filled hilarity.Over the top heroes with lovable sidekicks.
Nothing angsty, though a small incident was mentioned but nothing much.
A light read which made me amused throughout the ride.
Me while reading.

ReallyStefan? Can you be that awesome? Can you?

Look at the antics you both go through...It made me giggle.Rand hump the man already.

Oh god, you did but still all this drama!!!

Don't be crude, sometimes you need some lighthearted romance too.

It made my heart and min
MLE
Dec 01, 2014 MLE rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm, lendle
I have to say that there was a lot about this book I really did like quite a bit. I really did love Stef. His sense of humor, loyalty to his friends, and even his prickly and stubborn nature appealed to me. Maybe that’s because I might be just a bit stubborn myself. I found I was able to understand why Stef reacted the way he did to Rand. I truly respected how loyal he was to his friend, and their bond. It’s nice to see romance where bonds other than the primary romantic one are treated as equal ...more
JenMcJ
MishyJo
I loved Rand. The rest, not as much. The plot twists were totally incredible (as in NOT believable). The insta-everything enemies to lovers relationship was also hard to believe. At least the sex was hot.

The audiobook narration was pretty good. In the scenes with lots of voices, some of them were weird but overall it was well done.
Renee Yes-I-know-I-read-too-damn-much
4.5 stars for this reread. One of my Calmes favs. Rand and Stefan are perfection together.
GymGuy
The other Mary Calmes books I reviewed I seriously panned. At this point, this will be the last book by this author I read.....unless something drastically changes. It's a rather uneven story with uneven writing. My first impression is that it's a very girly girl kind of story. It seriously reminds me of those Harlequin romances showing a cover with the super macho muscle jock swooping in to hold the fare maiden in his big strong arms while she is draped in some slinky negligee. All you'd have t ...more
  • The Heart of Texas (Texas, #1)
  • Keeping Promise Rock (Promises, #1)
  • Touch Me Gently
  • Natural Disaster (Bareback, #2)
  • Nowhere Ranch
  • No Going Home (Home, #1)
  • Love Means... Courage (Farm, #0.5)
  • The One That Got Away
  • Force of Law
  • Crossing Borders (Crossing Borders, #1)
  • Falling (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #2)
  • My Summer of Wes (Wes & Mal, #1)
  • The Tin Star (Ranch Series, #1)
  • Inherit the Sky (Lang Downs, #1)
  • Strawberries for Dessert (Coda Books, #4; Strawberries for Dessert, #1)
Mary Calmes lives in Lexington, Kentucky, with her husband and two children and loves all the seasons except summer. She graduated from the University of the Pacific in Stockton, California, with a bachelor's degree in English literature. Due to the fact that it is English lit and not English grammar, do not ask her to point out a clause for you, as it will so not happen. She loves writing, becomi ...more
More about Mary Calmes...

Timing (2 books)
  • After the Sunset (Timing, #2)
Change of Heart (Change of Heart, #1) A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #1) Frog Trusted Bond (Change of Heart, #2) A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #2)