The Rancher's Ultimatum

The Rancher's Ultimatum

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  299 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Years after leaving her step-family's ranch to pursue a new life and career, Lynn James is called back to save the property from the crafty yet handsome Jake Ragnall. The feud between the families has yet to die, and Lynn is trapped in the middle, torn between her loyalty to the men who raised her and the man who ignites her desire. Jake Ragnall has loved Lynn for years, a...more
Published January 7th 2006 by Phaze

Shawnette
The Ultimate Ultimatum

Okay, I think my girlfriends are trying to tell me something. Or maybe I need new girlfriends...lol. This is yet another one of their gift ideas. I never would have picked this book out myself, but I have to admit, it wasn't all that bad.~~~~~~~The novel had a 1/2 decent and plausible plot. The main characters, Lynn and Jake were quite memorable. Secondary characters were just that secondary, added a little intrigue to the tale, but they weren't the primary attraction.~~~~~...more
Shonnie
I'm giving this story a two star rating "It Was Okay". However I'm wavering between it was okay to I didn't like it. The story was borderline ridiculous. And the spanking was not cute nor was it romantic. More like abusive. I couldn’t support the thought of the male character talking down to the female and basically forcing her to have a physical relationship. Not romantic or cute.
Theodora Taylor
Description: Lynn James is willing to do anything to save her beloved stepfather’s ranch, but does “anything” include agreeing to rancher, Jake Ragnall’s erotic ultimatum?

The Good: This is a very sexy story with great stakes. Added to that, Ms. Foxx sets up a fantastic back story for the H/H’s parents, with a terrific nod to the older generation of loving couples who paved the way. I also loved that Lynn was full-figured and that this significantly added to her attraction for Jake.

The Bad: There...more
Bec
Wow what a boring book! I ended up skimming to read what happened at the end. What contemporary book has people calling their dad "Paw" and the hero calling the heroine "Sweetling" arrgghh
Shayna
I guess I'm one of the one's who hated this book. It moved way too fast and I didn't get to know the main characters at all.
Tracy
I really enjoyed reading this book. I wish it had been longer.
Kimchi
It was not slow but the plot was a little sketchy.
Divisionred
I enjoyed this story.
Shankia Tinsley
I rarely ever give a book a rating of one star, but this time...

I'm sorry, but I could not wait to get this book out of my hands and back on the shelf. The writing style was cool, and that's what I look at first from an author, but the two main characters just got on my nerves. BIG TIME. Not to mention, just like some others, I feel that the story line didn't match the length of the book; it was a quick read--thank God--but the plot called for a longer story. That would have been good for me bec...more
Teinevai
Could of been longer, more oomph needed.
Lady Raven RAVE!
Loved it first time reading this author might try out another one of her books but i enjoy Jake he is freaky *smiling*.. Good for the collection

By The Way: love the hot tub scene

**********
Feel free to join my book group on facebook ( Romance Novel Junkies) we have over 450 members and counting which includes well known and indie authors and avid readers as members who are apart of this group who would love to hear about new books and thoughts also check out our kindle and ebook lending library....more
Mel
This was my first time reading a book by the author and most likely my last. While the book in its entirety was an okay read, it could've been a lot better. I felt like the characters weren't developed, the plot was simplistic and the sex scenes were mediocre at best. I almost want to say: 'I've had better,' yet that'd be just as unoriginal and lackluster as the book was.

This is a book I add into the category of 'flyby' because frequent lovers of romance should fly by it and choose something els...more
Elaine
3.5 stars, closer to 3 than a 4. I borrowed this book via my Amazon Prime monthly freebie.

I liked this book OK, it just was a little short for the nature of the story. There were too many personality proclivities that required more time, for one to successfully suspend disbelief and thoroughly enjoy the characters. Without further back-story, it just didn't ring true enough for the 4-stars.

Still, it was an enjoyable read, and I was entertained. Decent erotic romance.

Lorraine Lesar
My first read of a Nia K. Foxx book. This story is about bad blood between 2 Texas rancher families that has been going on for numerous years. One of the families, needs money desperately and the black adopted daughter approaches the rival family for a loan of money. He agrees, providing she lives with him and obeys every command for a couple of weeks. She has no choice and agrees. Read it for yourself to see what happens....
Genney Blass
4 stars. This story, was so cute, how One man try to get the woman he loves to be with him so she can saver her family land. Jake definitely was an Alpha Male! Yum.
Jooniebug
Good romance but too short. I which Nia writes more longer novels like Sienna Mynx and Pepper Pace but Nia's stories are too short but with so much potential.
Starapple
This was kind of random, but I liked it? Very confused (about me liking it that is).

Nunyawhat
Very hot book, make sure you have plenty of ice available when reading this books
Ruby
The Rancher's Ultimatum was a delicious delight! I hope it turns into a series.
Erotic Horizon
The Rancher's Ultimatum by Nia Foxx, K. (2007)
Deloris
I really enjoyed this a good fast read!
Mstcat
Mstcat marked it as to-read
Anino
Anino marked it as to-read
Kierston
Kierston marked it as to-read
  • Taken by Storm
  • Ivy's Twisted Vine
  • Special Forces
  • Dimitri's Moon (The Megalodon Team, #6)
  • Thierry's Angel (Chevalier Men #1)
  • Close Encounters
  • Love Out Loud
  • Being Plumville
  • Something Unexpected
  • No Commitment Required
  • He's So Shy (Bad Boys, #1)
  • The Sweetest Taboo (Redemption, #5)
  • Burn
  • Before Sunrise
  • Wheels of Steel, Book 2
  • Love My Way
What can I say, I love to read and write. I have 3 beautiful children who keep me active and happy, if not for them I'd probably be a recluse surrounded by zillions of books, a few tablets and several laptops. I love getting all feedback since my goal is to improve on my craft. I haven't written my best work yet. Hope to hear from you.

Happy Reading!
More about Nia K. Foxx...
Gargoyle's Mate Rules of Mating (Haven, #1) Best Made Plans The Buccaneer To the Victor Goes the Spoils