Start by marking “The Rancher's Ultimatum” as Want to Read:
The Rancher's Ultimatum

The Rancher's Ultimatum

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  470 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Years after leaving her step-family's ranch to pursue a new life and career, Lynn James is called back to save the property from the crafty yet handsome Jake Ragnall. The feud between the families has yet to die, and Lynn is trapped in the middle, torn between her loyalty to the men who raised her and the man who ignites her desire. Jake Ragnall has loved Lynn for years, a ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published January 7th 2006 by Phaze

To ask other readers questions about The Rancher's Ultimatum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rancher's Ultimatum

Shawnette
The Ultimate Ultimatum

Okay, I think my girlfriends are trying to tell me something. Or maybe I need new girlfriends...lol. This is yet another one of their gift ideas. I never would have picked this book out myself, but I have to admit, it wasn't all that bad.~~~~~~~The novel had a 1/2 decent and plausible plot. The main characters, Lynn and Jake were quite memorable. Secondary characters were just that secondary, added a little intrigue to the tale, but they weren't the primary attraction.~~~~~
Shonnie
Jun 22, 2011 Shonnie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-book
I'm giving this story a two star rating "It Was Okay". However I'm wavering between it was okay to I didn't like it. The story was borderline ridiculous. And the spanking was not cute nor was it romantic. More like abusive. I couldn’t support the thought of the male character talking down to the female and basically forcing her to have a physical relationship. Not romantic or cute.
Theodora Taylor
Jul 24, 2012 Theodora Taylor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Description: Lynn James is willing to do anything to save her beloved stepfather’s ranch, but does “anything” include agreeing to rancher, Jake Ragnall’s erotic ultimatum?

The Good: This is a very sexy story with great stakes. Added to that, Ms. Foxx sets up a fantastic back story for the H/H’s parents, with a terrific nod to the older generation of loving couples who paved the way. I also loved that Lynn was full-figured and that this significantly added to her attraction for Jake.

The Bad: There
Jackie Quintyne
Feb 20, 2016 Jackie Quintyne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot, steamy and quick read

I couldn't put this book down and read it in one sitting. Jake and Lynn burned up the pages. Mercy this was a nice steamy read.
Shankia Tinsley
Jun 04, 2013 Shankia Tinsley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I rarely ever give a book a rating of one star, but this time...

I'm sorry, but I could not wait to get this book out of my hands and back on the shelf. The writing style was cool, and that's what I look at first from an author, but the two main characters just got on my nerves. BIG TIME. Not to mention, just like some others, I feel that the story line didn't match the length of the book; it was a quick read--thank God--but the plot called for a longer story. That would have been good for me bec
Mspraise50
Oct 27, 2014 Mspraise50 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first story by this author and it was a good one. This was suggested to me by other readers in the forums I am apart of as a great story.

This is Lynn and James' story. I read it in one sitting it was lightly based on a dom/sub theme but nothing too heavy! I read the book in one sitting and I loved that even though James made the ultimatum he was not aggressive or cruel with it. He had deep feelings for Lynn and he just wanted a chance of winning her.

Great read really enjoyed the story
Lady Raven RAVE!
Loved it first time reading this author might try out another one of her books but i enjoy Jake he is freaky *smiling*.. Good for the collection

By The Way: love the hot tub scene

**********
Feel free to join my book group on facebook ( Romance Novel Junkies) we have over 450 members and counting which includes well known and indie authors and avid readers as members who are apart of this group who would love to hear about new books and thoughts also check out our kindle and ebook lending library.
Lorraine Lesar
Sep 07, 2012 Lorraine Lesar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first read of a Nia K. Foxx book. This story is about bad blood between 2 Texas rancher families that has been going on for numerous years. One of the families, needs money desperately and the black adopted daughter approaches the rival family for a loan of money. He agrees, providing she lives with him and obeys every command for a couple of weeks. She has no choice and agrees. Read it for yourself to see what happens....
Tracey
Oct 04, 2015 Tracey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In The Rancher's Ultimatum, author Nia K. Foxx, did her thing. The main characters Jake and Lynn dom/submissive relationship spoke volumes. It was like Jake envoked Lynn's need to be dominated by him. Not to mention that these two already had feeling for each other. I have to give it to Nia Foxx, she did the damn thing with this story almost makes me want to go to Texas to see if I could find a rancher like Jake.
Bec
Oct 21, 2010 Bec rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a boring book! I ended up skimming to read what happened at the end. What contemporary book has people calling their dad "Paw" and the hero calling the heroine "Sweetling" arrgghh
Genney Blass
Dec 24, 2013 Genney Blass rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars. This story, was so cute, how One man try to get the woman he loves to be with him so she can saver her family land. Jake definitely was an Alpha Male! Yum.
Shayna
Mar 31, 2009 Shayna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I guess I'm one of the one's who hated this book. It moved way too fast and I didn't get to know the main characters at all.
Nunyawhat
May 13, 2012 Nunyawhat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very hot book, make sure you have plenty of ice available when reading this books
Suzanne Van
Nov 25, 2013 Suzanne Van rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book it was a quick read which I have enjoyed over and over
Tracy
May 19, 2010 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. I wish it had been longer.
Slmarine68
Really enjoyed this book. She did a great job. Worth it.
Kimchi
Jan 24, 2008 Kimchi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: okreads, mordern
It was not slow but the plot was a little sketchy.
Erotic Horizon
Aug 16, 2008 Erotic Horizon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Rancher's Ultimatum by Nia Foxx, K. (2007)
Deloris
Sep 04, 2012 Deloris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this a good fast read!
Divisionred
3.5
AMS
Jul 09, 2015 AMS rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't care for it

I enjoy D/s scenarios but I can't say that I liked this one. Lynn seemed weak to me. I pretty much lost interest after her ordered her into the car like a child and she didn't stand up for herself. Dominance does not involve humiliation. There's other kink for that. And there is more to being a submissive than being bossed around and told what to do.
Tony
Jul 15, 2015 Tony rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-list
The plot and main characters are good but there just isn't enough to the story. This was supposed to be a story with a light BDSM but that came across as clunky.
Teinevai
Could of been longer, more oomph needed.
Mel
This was my first time reading a book by the author and most likely my last. While the book in its entirety was an okay read, it could've been a lot better. I felt like the characters weren't developed, the plot was simplistic and the sex scenes were mediocre at best. I almost want to say: 'I've had better,' yet that'd be just as unoriginal and lackluster as the book was.

This is a book I add into the category of 'flyby' because frequent lovers of romance should fly by it and choose something els
Elaine
3.5 stars, closer to 3 than a 4. I borrowed this book via my Amazon Prime monthly freebie.

I liked this book OK, it just was a little short for the nature of the story. There were too many personality proclivities that required more time, for one to successfully suspend disbelief and thoroughly enjoy the characters. Without further back-story, it just didn't ring true enough for the 4-stars.

Still, it was an enjoyable read, and I was entertained. Decent erotic romance.

Jooniebug
Good romance but too short. I which Nia writes more longer novels like Sienna Mynx and Pepper Pace but Nia's stories are too short but with so much potential.
Starapple
Aug 09, 2012 Starapple rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was kind of random, but I liked it? Very confused (about me liking it that is).

• Taken by Storm
  • Thierry's Angel (Chevalier Men #1)
  • Special Forces
  • Greeley's Spyce (The Megalodon Team, #4)
  • The Ugly Girlfriend (The Lonely Hearts, #1)
  • Love My Way
  • The Blacker the Berry
  • The Beauty Within
  • Wild, Wild Mess:Atlanta
  • The Sweetest Taboo (Redemption, #5)
  • Burn
  • Love Out Loud
  • Close Encounters
  • Taming the Scotsman
  • Something Unexpected
  • GianMarco (Blood Brothers, # 1)
What can I say, I love to read and write. I have 3 beautiful children who keep me active and happy, if not for them I'd probably be a recluse surrounded by zillions of books, a few tablets and several laptops. I love getting all feedback since my goal is to improve on my craft. I haven't written my best work yet. Hope to hear from you.

Happy Reading!
More about Nia K. Foxx...