Start by marking “X-Factor” as Want to Read:
X-Factor

X-Factor

Game designer Henry Delloit loves his life, his mountain community, his isolated dream home and the snow. He also loves that the X-treme Games blow into the area for a month every year, bringing with them hundreds of athletes. Ecco Rasmussen loves boarding; he needs it in fact. He knows he'll never make it to the big times but as long as he can get on his board and go he d ...more
Published February 2010 by Torquere Press Inc.

To ask other readers questions about X-Factor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Factor

Serena Yates
Apr 27, 2016 Serena Yates rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
Okay, I admit it. I'm a sucker for a cute guy needing to be rescued from a big brute. Even better if the rescuer is the usually quiet type who doesn’t strike anyone as a hero. This fun story has both. It’s about snowboarder Ecco – the one who could do with some help – and game designer Henry, who had no idea what he was getting in to when he started flirting with one of the athletes of the X-treme games. All he expected was – maybe – some fun, but once Henry and Ecco get to know each other, thin ...more
Serena Yates
Feb 24, 2010 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay

Ecco is a snow boarder who is so desperate, in so much trouble and so clueless in the beginning that it was almost too much. But when Henry, a game designer, comes along to help him out, he manages to pick himself up and start effectively fighting the brutal manager who suppressed him and stole from him for years. And yes, there was a lot of sex, but I saw it as part of the healing process for Ecco. A very tangi
Lily
3.5 stars out of 5
Henry is a game designer who lives a somewhat isolated life in his mountain home. He's an avid winter sports fan and is looking forward to the next few weeks as the X-treme Games are coming to town. When he sees snowboarder Ecco he's immediately drawn to the cute blond and strikes up a conversation. They make plans for dinner that same night and Henry goes home looking forward to spending more time with Ecco but a bit concerned about the man he saw Ecco with just before leaving
Sara
I am not quite sure how to rate this book. On one hand I liked it. I liked how Henry first chats up Ecco after his handstand show off routine and all the flirting they did. I liked their first date and I even was okay with the first bit we get with Ecco and Blake. But then things got weird for me and it's more than likely a case of it's me and not the book.

I won't drag this review out... this was my first read from the author and I am worried we don't mesh. There were things that happened in thi
Delta
Aug 26, 2016 Delta rated it liked it
Shelves: z2016
A really quick read, but not especially noteworthy. The smexy bits were good, but the plot line with the manager was borderline disturbing. If you like a "damsel in distress" type of story, then you will probably like this one.
BWT (Belen)
Mar 20, 2016 BWT (Belen) marked it as to-read
DNF 24%

I'm really cringing at the abuse side plot, and it's bringing me down big time. Putting a pin in it for now. Maybe one day I'll pick it back up.
Deanna
Apr 21, 2016 Deanna rated it it was amazing
When I get ready to read a sports themed book I usually assume I will like it, but not love it. How many times can we re-read the same story really? I was totally wrong! I'm a big girl, I can admit it.

Henry, a video game designer lives in a secluded mountain area in a gorgeous house with a spectacular view. His house is far enough away from town to feel like he's in the middle of nowhere, but close enough to go see the X-treme Games when they are in town.

Ecco is an older (by snowboarding stand
Joyfully Jay
May 17, 2016 Joyfully Jay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wendy
A Joyfully Jay review.

When I got the chance to review this book, I was super excited! Snowboarders! Competition! Right up my alley. Add in that it is written by one of my go-to authors and I devoured this book within a few hours.

Readers should be aware that there are scenes of domestic abuse that occur within this story that are graphic. Ecco has suffered abuse by Blake for years. He’s tried several times to escape, but because Blake controls nearly every aspect of Ecco’s life, includ
Morgan  Skye
Jul 01, 2016 Morgan Skye rated it liked it
Ecco (aka Christian) is a snowboarder who is being abused by his manager. He gets injured and ends up seeking refuge with Henry, a game designer who has a crush on Ecco.

This story plain didn’t work for me.

For one thing, I never really liked Ecco. He was really immature, weak and I think, portrayed as not very intelligent. I honestly didn’t see any redeeming qualities other than he can board well and therefore I wasn’t really invested in his relationship with Henry.

I also never understood why H
Andrea Goodell
Jun 17, 2016 Andrea Goodell rated it liked it
Sean Michael is normally an automatic yes for me, and more times than not it’s a solid win.

Unfortunately, with this one, while well written as normal. The subject was not my cup of tea. The snowboarding slang, even though the guy was almost thirty. (I get it, it was his culture, his life) Also while I enjoyed the ‘getting to know’ but felt the ending of the Blake’s demise went too fast.

Henry and Ecco learning each other was fun, Ecco teaching Henry the finer points of all things snow, snowboardi
Cindi
Oct 12, 2011 Cindi rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, sean-michael
This was not a bad story, really. Ecco is a competing snowboarder who has a psycho manager. Henry is a fan who catches Ecco's eye, as well as the rest of him. The entire story is based on Henry and Ecco getting to know each other and Ecco hiding out from the manager. I love a story where someone swoops in to rescue someone who is being abused. BUT........... I found myself actually making fun of the book quite a bit more than reading it. Dude! Gnarly! For reals! Rock on! Man! Oh, and my favorite ...more
Juniper
Feb 25, 2010 Juniper rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
Sean Michael has never been on my list of must-reads, but I quite liked the sound of this story enough to be tempted to buy. Not a particularly stellar decision on my part.

Sadly, though, it was purely a vehicle for smut - sex scene begets sex scene begets yet another sex scene. So many orgasms in one night, the poor man must have been absolutely drained. I ended up skipping over them in the end in the vain hope of finding a plot-line. The premise of an abusive relationship was quite interesting
Wendy Ann
I was pleasantly surprised with what felt like a bit more depth to the plot and context of the story in this Sean Michael novella. I’m not really up on my snow sports lingo, but I could readily imagine the characters as they were portrayed and the setting as being realistic. I liked the little bit of suspense and anxiety that built around Echo having to deal with a nasty situation involving his manager. As usual from having read a number of other books by this author, the relationship comes pret ...more
Anna
I had never heard or read anything about this book but was on the hunt for a title that started with a X for my A-Z book title challenge and saw it. I like when there is an abused or traumatized MC that gets his or hers HEA and this book had that. I felt that you didn't really get to know the characters though and that there was a little too much repeating of certain phrases for me to love the book.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Sep 28, 2012 Barb ~rede-2-read~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: hawt, read-2012
This was a very pleasant story about a snowboarder and a nerd/geek/fan of the sport. There's lots of sex, so much so that the guys must have been dehydrated, but there is a plot and I liked it more than average so moved it from 3.5 to 4 stars. There's lots of luv, some hurt/comforting, an escape from an abusive manager, and a nice HEA.
Sassafrass
This was my venture into a purely m-m book. This was a sweet love story. It wasn't overly sexual and the sex scenes weren't very graphic or anything. There was a decent plot. It had a nice HEA and I was really rooting for h/h. I can't wait to delve into more m-m stories and this was a nice introduction, but a little too sweet for my usual taste.
SA
Mar 23, 2010 SA rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2010
I guess this is why I don't read romances! It wasn't terrible but I found myself skipping ahead five or ten pages at a time, stopping to read the charming bits where Ecco was opening up more. If you like the genre, it's better than many, and it's definitely hot.
SueM
Sep 08, 2016 SueM rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
As expected from a Sean Michael novel, this story had plenty of sex scenes, yet it still was a relatively sweet story of a man overcoming years of psychological, physical and emotional abuse to emerge out the other side with love and laughter in his life.

Dani Elle Maas
May 22, 2016 Dani Elle Maas rated it really liked it
I liked this story but and coming from me that will sound strange but it didnt need this much sex
it was a wonderful sport story on its own
and the too much sex did the story more harm then it did good
jules0623
2.5 stars. Way too much sex and Christian was identified as a man in his late twenties but sounded like a 14 year old bogan.
Anke
Aug 27, 2014 Anke added it
Where did my review/rating go? It's marked 'read' in my calibre and I'm sure I read it, but somehow here on GR there is nothing?!
Dana
Dana rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2011
Frankie Dick
Frankie Dick rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2013
L Leonard
L Leonard rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2012
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
May 25, 2012
Sally halliday
Sally halliday rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2012
Venecia
Venecia rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
May 24, 2012
Nerine Petros
Nerine Petros rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Pump Me Up (Work Out, #2)
  • Escapade
  • Mr. Benson
  • Duet in Blood (My Vampire and I, #3)
  • Rent
  • Drew and Vince (Jock Dorm #2)
  • Unstable Stud (Lexington Lovers, #1)
  • High Line (Love of Sports, #2)
  • Taking the Chance
  • Bankers' Hours
  • Lucky In Loveland (Welcome to Loveland, #1)
  • Tartan Candy (Fabric Hearts, #1)
  • Quarterback Sneak
  • Jake's Regret
  • Cup Check (Blue Line Hockey, #3)
  • Finnegan's Promise
  • Rocking the Boat (CalPac Crew, #1)
  • Unnecessary Roughness
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more
More about Sean Michael...