Start by marking “Deeply, Desperately (Lucy Valentine #2)” as Want to Read:
Deeply, Desperately (Lucy Valentine #2)

Deeply, Desperately (Lucy Valentine #2)

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  3,378 Ratings  ·  354 Reviews
The irrepressible star of Truly, Madly, is back in business. This time, Lucy Valentine will go to the ends of the earth to find true love for her clients…and maybe even herself.

Lucy wants to breathe new life into her family's Boston-based matchmaking company. But how? Even though she comes from a long line of ancestors blessed by Cupid with psychic abilities, a freak accid
Mass Market Paperback, 302 pages
Published August 3rd 2010 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published July 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Deeply, Desperately, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deeply, Desperately

Paige  Bookdragon

I rarely read "heavy,drama-filled, wreck-my-emotions" books during weekdays. I don't want to go to work looking like Chris Evans denied the existence of our love child and a colony of bees stung my eyes.

So it's a good thing I found out the Lucy Valentine series because I do need books to survive and a cozy mystery is just the perfect thing to solve the problem.

Deeply, Desperately is a quirky book. I enjoyed reading the characters, the love stories (there are a number of them in the boo
Arlene
Dec 26, 2010 Arlene rated it really liked it
Objects set in motion tend to stay in motion.

Deeply, Desperately is a perfect installment to the Lucy Valentine series. Heather Webber does a great job of delivering a light romance filled with mystery, comedy and suspense that does nothing short of taking the reader on a fun adventure.

I’m a huge fan of the narrator Lucy Valentine, as she’s in constant motion trying to build her business using her ability to find lost objects through telepathic means. She finds herself solving possible murder an
~Tina~
Feb 10, 2010 ~Tina~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lucy's been busy at her fathers company, Valentine Inc as a Lost Love Locater as well as helping the police with random missing person cases. Blessed (or cursed) with Cupids gift, the Valentines have a special knack at matchmaking since they have a the ability to see auroras and thus finding the prefect match for hopeful couples, only Lucy got her powers zapped out when she was a teen, and now is reduced to only being able to find lost objects. However, leave it to Lucy to put her talents to goo ...more
Anita
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

This second installment of the Lucy Valentine series wasn't as great as the first book, but still extremely enjoyable.

A lot of things happen, and I think the book carries four different mysteries/story tangents.  Between that and the rushed ending, I think my enjoyment of the book in comparison with the first might have been influenced.  I'm not saying it was a bad book, because it wasn't--far from that.

The characters are great, the love line is sweet, and the separate my
kari
Aug 21, 2010 kari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, 5-star
The first book of this series was good, introduced the basic premise and all ther characters, but this one ramps everything up and in a word, it's perfect.
There isn't anything about this book that I'd change. There are several plotlines gracefully interwoven throughout the book. It can be very tricky keeping everything moving forward and not leaving anything behind. Webber knows her stuff and has a very deft hand in combining all the stories.
Lucy Valentine is a wonderful charcter. She has a kind
Elaine
Feb 25, 2014 Elaine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this entire series. I've read the first four books, and I think this second book was my favorite so far. It's definitely light mystery romance reading, with a strong vein of paranormal fantasy included.

Each entry in this series has a different mystery that revolves around the main character Lucy's psychic ability to use lost objects to locate missing people in some way. No matter how improbable the events, the story seems plausible as you're reading it, and the characters and their fortun
I absolutely adore this series! I fell in love with Lucy Valentine and her eclectic family and friends in the first book of the series, Truly, Madly, and everyone is back for a fun romp in Deeply, Desperately. These books have just the right mixture of mystery, suspense, psychic ability, and love. This has quickly become my new favorite series and I am now eagerly anticipating MANY more books in the series. (Note: If the author happens to be reading this, please tell me there WILL be MANY more b ...more
Joanna
Sep 27, 2010 Joanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-romance
have i mentioned that Sean Donahue is the guy that i've been wanting for MY life? lol

i find the story light and easy to read. i'm not saying i'm complaining. i actually love it. so much!

this book cracks me up. and makes me all gooey inside. (because of Lucy's and Sean's growing relationship.)
I really like Lucy Valentine's character. she has a lot of goodness inside her and it makes her character really likable.
Sean Donahue on the other hand is such a sweetheart! i love him!
these two are really
Jan 01, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aug-2010
Sometimes, you need goofy, sappy, love stories, and if that's what your looking for this series, is right up your ally.

Deeply, Desperately was a quick, fun, ride though a tremendous story full of, surprises, love, richness, and joy - paralleled by some intense moments, after all one of Lucy's gifts allows her to "find lost things" and sometimes those things that are lost, become desperate to be found in a scary, looming and dark way.

Deeply, Desperately was a wonderful addition to the Lucy Vale
Laurie Garrison
The second installment of Deeply, Desperately is just as enjoyable as the first, then again I am a sucker for a fun and romantic stories. This time around Lucy is up to her eye balls again, in cases, keeping her love life going, helping friends, then to top it off a surprise is added to the Valentine family. There is no way I could pull of what Lucy does in a few weeks LOL. You get a little more romance between Lucy and Sean in this installment. I found this a brilliant story and fun to read.

I
Darcy
This book was more of the first. I like that Lucy is using her gift in a good way. The 2 cases couldn't have been more different, but I thought both ended in a good way. I especially loved the choice that Lucy made with the younger family, it needed to happen.

I also really like that Lucy is starting to view her trust fund in a different way and using it in creative ways that still holds true to why she ignored it in the first place.

Lucy's personal life becomes quite messy in this one, but ends w
Kate
I love this series so goddamn much.

Lucy Valentine has a stalker, on top of running "Lost Loves," for her father's company, Valentine's Inc. She's enlisted to help solve a mysterious disappearance of a young woman, and everyone believes that the woman's husband killed her and covered it up. Lucy's drama is amped up further with the return of Sean's ex-girlfriend and the Cupid's Curse that keeps Sean from consummating their relationship.

Lucy is so awesome -- she's funny, independent, a good frie
Jackie Lane
Jul 08, 2012 Jackie Lane rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the second book in this series. The series kind of reminds me of Evanovich's series, but a tad different.

This book was a light read with a twinge of danger and mystery. I love that Lucy struck out on her own and is so determined to make it on her own.

The relationship between Preston and Lucy seems to be getting better and Lucy's relationship with Sean is moving along. I love how Lucy helps bring people together. Leo's story was so heartwarming and Sarah's story was very sad.

I am
Bandmama (aka Lucy) - Claiming Mitch as mine
This series has been great, especially this second book. The mystery, the paranormal, and the smoking hot love affair thrown into the middle of one wild and crazy family makes me love these books. So much. I think I inhaled this book in one day and immediately purchased the third. I also have to add that I was pleasantly surprised to find that most of the twists and turns I expected to happen never happened but there was a lot of, "I didn't see that coming", and one, "Oh Thank you Jesus - finall ...more
Mycoton32
Jun 13, 2014 Mycoton32 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
17/20
En bref, un second tome génial, le monde de Lucy est un mélange savamment dosé que l'on prend plaisir à découvrir avec elle. Les personnages sont très attachants, les rebondissements nombreux et surtout on sent et ressent les choses avec eux. Une aventure qui se dévore !

~Megan~
Jan 29, 2011 ~Megan~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is just so cute and fun! There were about 3 or 4 mysteries going all at the same time, so it was never boring. The romance between Sean and Lucy is so sweet. I think really the best thing I can say about the series is that I just read it with a smile on my face.
Suzanne
Dec 19, 2012 Suzanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This was a cute mystery/romance. Lucy Valentine finds lost things with her psychic abilities, and we get a good dose of friends and family. 3.5 stars rounded up because the people all acted like mature adults instead of being insecure.
Joanne
Aug 25, 2010 Joanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: heather-webber
I love Heather Webber's Lucy Valentine series! This is the second book and I thought it was even better than the first. It has everything, humour, mystery and romance. Looking forward to the next one.
Elizabeth
Apr 14, 2011 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved this book. It was great from start to finish. This is a wonderful series with just enough mystery to keep you on your toes and a little splash of romance thrown in for some smiles and tears.
Melodie
Dec 19, 2010 Melodie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010
Liked TRULY, MADLY so much I went ahead and picked this one up right after. Liked it every bit as much as the first one and am looking forward to ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY!
Dawn Frazier
Jan 18, 2016 Dawn Frazier rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You cannot go wrong with a book by Heather Webber, and this book is no exception. I loved it!
Linh
Feb 06, 2011 Linh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finished this book in one day...easy but good read!
Tina Axell
Jul 12, 2012 Tina Axell rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this series! It's the perfect blend of magic, mystery and romance. I have the next book on hold at the library and can't wait to read it. Thank you, Heather Webber!
Candace Davidson
What a great book!!! This is the second in the series. If you like romance, you'll love this. This has just enough mystery and romance. It made me wanting to find out how it would end.
Ana
Mar 17, 2015 Ana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the romance, and the theme that sometimes love is enough to get you through so many things. The mystery in it also made it a real page turner for me, simply could not put the book down
Mikka Gottstein
May 14, 2014 Mikka Gottstein rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erst als ich anfing, dieses Buch zu lesen, ging mir auf: oha, das ist ja ein zweiter Band! Huch, wie ungünstig... Ein Weilchen überlegte ich hin und her, ob ich dann nicht lieber erstmal den ersten Band lesen sollte - aber hey, ich lag zu dem Zeitpunkt gerade in einem Krankenhaus ohne Internet oder gar Wlan (deswegen wird diese Kritik auch erst mit Verspätung online gehen), also konnte ich mir keine eBooks kaufen... Und dann war ich doch zu neugierig und fing einfach direkt mit dem zweiten Band ...more
Samantha
Feb 22, 2017 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
cute, quick read.

Review to come
vliz Gutierrez
I hate the covers for this series so much, they look like those pre-teens lit my mom likes to buy on supermarkets.

Aside from that, I'm really liking this series but I had to knock down a star because (view spoiler)
Aurian Booklover
I love the first book in this series, but I loved this one even more. Lucy is now more secure in her “powers” and she two cases to solve. One is an old man who is looking for the woman who was the love of his life before he went to war, and the second is a missing person’s case. The woman’s mother is convinced her daughters’ husband killed her daughter, and abused their children, keeping her daughter from having much contact with her since their marriage. And as the husband is a police officer, ...more
Carolin Stürmer
Nov 11, 2015 Carolin Stürmer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dieses Buch ist der zweite Teil der Reihe um Lucy Valentine. Als ich mit der Geschichte begann, wusste ich dies allerdings nicht. Wer also, wie ich, den Band 1 noch nicht gelesen hat, darf für sich entscheiden, ob er meine Rezi trotzdem weiterliest, denn sowohl Band 1 als auch Band 2 sind in sich abgeschlossen.

Lucy ist 28 Jahre alt und betreibt eine Partnervermittlung der besonderen Art. Anhand von Gegenständen kann sie vermisste Personen ausfindig machen. Sie versucht sich mit dieser Gabe ein e
Play Book Tag: Deeply, Desperately - Heather Webber - 4 stars 3 7 May 21, 2016 07:35PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Deeply, Desperately 1 3 Nov 18, 2012 02:21PM
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #3)
  • Death by Diamonds (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #3)
  • Devil May Ride (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #2)
  • A Glimpse of Evil (Psychic Eye Mystery, #8)
  • How to Survive a Killer Séance (Party Planning, #3)
  • A Fitting End (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #2)
  • Motherhood is Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #2)
  • A Cast-Off Coven (A Witchcraft Mystery, #2)
  • Scoop to Kill (A Mystery a La Mode, #2)
Heather Webber (aka Heather Blake) is the author of more than twenty mystery novels and has been twice nominated for an Agatha Award. She's a total homebody who loves to be close to her family, read, watch reality TV (especially cooking competition shows), drink too much coffee, crochet, and bake (mostly cookies). Heather grew up in a suburb of Boston, but currently she lives in the Cincinnati are ...more
More about Heather Webber...

Lucy Valentine (5 books)
  • Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine, #1)
  • Absolutely, Positively (Lucy Valentine, #3)
  • Perfectly Matched (Lucy Valentine, #4)
  • Undeniably Yours  (Lucy Valentine, #5)

“Doubtful. All abusers know how to double-talk.” 0 likes