Start by marking “The Century for Young People: Becoming Modern America: 1901-1936” as Want to Read:
The Century for Young People: Becoming Modern America: 1901-1936

The Century for Young People: Becoming Modern America: 1901-1936

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  2 reviews
"Experience the greatest moments of the 20th century with an accessible narrative that makes history come alive.
"
Adapted from the #1 national bestseller especially for young readers!
The twentieth century was a time of tremendous change, the most eventful hundred years in human history. Join Peter Jennings and Todd Brewster for a fascinating journey back in time to experie
Published September 22nd 2009 by Delacorte Press Books for Young Readers (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Century for Young People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Century for Young People

Barbara Mader
I picked this up for Blake but I've been reading it, too. I think it does a great job of hitting the high points in a layout that is appealing for kids (I liked it, too)--lots of effective photos, illustrations, sidebar items, and personal stories mixed in with explanations of various historical events, programs, and movements. I need to see the one for adults, now, and I hope it has a good bibliography.

One thing: I think there should have been a lot more maps.
Lizzie
Read it for a quick overview with my daughter. I really enjoyed the living book feel to it. The biographies that brought each era alive were excellent. Guess I will read the adult version now as well.
Kerry
Kerry is currently reading it
Jun 19, 2015
Jason Manford
Jason Manford marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
Jason Manford
Jason Manford marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2012
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 22, 2012
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2011
Peter Charles Archibald Ewart Jennings, CM was a Canadian-American journalist and news anchor. He was the sole anchor of ABC's World News Tonight from 1983 until his death in 2005 of complications from lung cancer. A high-school dropout, he transformed himself into one of television's most prominent journalists.

Jennings started his career early, hosting a Canadian radio show at the age of nine. In
More about Peter Jennings...
The Century The Century for Young People In Search Of America The Wit and Wisdom of Maya Angelou: Maya Angelou Quotes The Wit and Wisdom of Taylor Swift: Taylor Swift Quotes