Start by marking “Jewels” as Want to Read:
Jewels

Jewels (Alien Encounters Saga)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Special Lieutenant Jewels Enbran, a human telepath unable to shield her mind from thoughts, uses telepathic anchors who protect her vulnerable mind. Her current anchor, Colonel Jeremy Lingley, is nearing burnout. An alien race is seeking an alliance with Earth and the pair are assigned the mission of discovering the aliens' secrets. Crown Prince Dex LoudRoar is a Gatoan wa ...more
Published February 18th 2010 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Jewels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jewels

Lyn Ehley
This new author is someone to follow! She has developed a whole new world of human, feline and wolverine facing death and defiance in the future of space. Take a ride with Jewels and be captured by Spletzer's characters and plot. More books to come in this series! My new favorite author!
R.M. Garcia
Jewels was a surprising read. I enjoyed it quite a bit. In certain parts it reminded me of one of my all time favorite movies, Starship Troopers. Read it, you will not be sorry.
Gyula
I discovered the Adopt an Indie website, and I thought I gave it a shot. I love science fiction, so I picked up this book. Attention: spoilers.

First, I must say I expected a science-fiction story. Telepaths, aliens, warriors, space war – what else it could be? Actually it is more. It is a paranormal romance science-fiction book. Yes, there are telepathy involved, but in a higher level than just “talking with your mind”. Yes, there are aliens in the book, though it is funny that cat-like aliens f
Karla Phillips
Jewels is mental strong but only has one problem, she cannot shield her own mind from other people’s thoughts. She needs to have another person called an anchor to shield her mind. Her and her anchor Jeremy has been pair together for five years. They are both called psionic, they can communicate telepathically along with being able to move things with their minds. They can also teleport too when they want to get somewhere. Jewels meets Dex when she gets posted to do a job at Fort Blackwater.
She
Emily Leathers
Disclaimer: I read only the sample.

Downloaded the sample on my kindle, and it just isn't working for me. The writing is un-matured, the characters seem cliched, some of the dialogue is just plain silly, and the kindle formatting is really terrible (lots of sentences broken mid-line for no discernable reason, making it difficult to follow dialogue). The explanations of the setting need some help, and it's easily to identify the issue there: I can't tell whether the aliens on the ship in the secon
C.M. Brown
Set in Earth's future this sci-fi adventure/ romance, Jewels, written by Lakisha Spletzer, is an interesting read. Taking readers into a very different future for Earth. One filled with telepathy, military rule (Psi-Ops), advanced technology and caught up in a war between two alien races. The Gatoen Empire, (a race of feline creatures) and a wolf species similar to werewolves from the Lupinious Nation.

Jewel, the MC in this story, is a valuable commodity for Earth's telepathic military. She has
Christine
3.75 stars.

I wasn't too sure about this book when I first started, but it quickly picked up my interest and I was able to finish it fast. I really enjoyed this story about human telepaths, and the alien races they are interacting with.

I think that the world building, and character development were well done, and it was very easy to relate to Jewels, Jeremy, and Dex. I particulary enjoyed Jeremy, and admired his devotion to both the women he cared for.

One thing that took away from the book is
Book Chatter-Cath
So intergalactic intrigue and invading Aliens is not something I would normally choose to read.
Sci/fi generally doesn't do it for me.
However I quite enjoyed this story.
I connected with the characters, the storyline was interesting, I had a healthy dislike for the relevant troublemakers and I was entertained.

I did find the choice of body image for these aliens a little weird, I mean upright standing humanoid Cats and Wolves....O-Kay?!

But like I said, this really isn't my preferred genre to read
Rose Cimarron
[2012-06-28] Actually rating 3.5 stars
The story is good and fairly well plotted. I think it's probably written for 8 - 13 (ish) year olds, and the language is suitable for that age group. I got a little fed up with the repetitive nature of the "she missed him like..." and "Dex paced and growled, wanting to get back to her".

There are some sudden jumps in the plot and not all of the psi-ops personnel's abilities are explained up front, which makes the end of the book rather confusing.

RogueHireling
I really just couldn't take this book seriously. Cat and dog people are hard for me to get into and the author did nothing but hype up the cheese factor.
The story might have been interesting, but it was sadly not well executed. The writing was uninspiring and the characters were not only inconsistent, but unlikable.
It was a free kindle book and I'm glad I didn't pay for it, but I will not be reading the next one.
R.L. Syme
Very creative world that Lakisha Spletzer has created, here. She is definitely a creative writer. Recommend for people who are into the combination of Science Fiction and Paranormal, like Candace Sams, but not erotica. Interesting book.
Mara
Flat doesn't even begin to describe the writing and the story. There are plot holes and inconsistencies big as Kansas. Of course it's a self-pub (aka vanity publishing...)

Beth
Pretty dumb but for those who like sci-fi and want to be swept off their feet, it was pretty good. I've read much better sci-fi though. I mean really? Cats & dogs????
Squirrel
details, characters, and plot made this book worth adding to my collection.
Marianthi
Marianthi is currently reading it
Jun 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Interracial and A...: Jewels - Sci Fi 7 16 Jan 19, 2012 06:01AM
A little bit about me:

I'm an Indie Cross-Genre writer of science fiction/fantasy. I started writing stories and poetry at the age of 8 and haven't stopped yet.

I've learned to not let life's many road blocks and speed bumps throw me to the curb. I can't wait to dive in and continue to share the stories swirling around in my head.

In addition to my official website, I maintain a blog where I talk abo
More about Lakisha Spletzer...
Dusk Conspiracy (Werelove, #1) Midnight Revelations (Werelove #2) Moonbeams  (Beams and Light, #1) Night Betrayals (Werelove #3) The Tempo (Elemental Symphony #1)