Start by marking “Betty in the Sky with a Suitcase” as Want to Read:
Betty in the Sky with a Suitcase

Betty in the Sky with a Suitcase

3.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  146 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Betty in the Sky with a Suitcase is a wildly popular podcast about airline travel by real life flight attendant Betty, who shares funny stories from pilots, flight controllers, ground crew, passengers, and fellow flight attendants and is listened to by hundreds of thousands of Betty fans around the world. Now, by popular demand, here is the best of Betty in a book in what ...more
Published February 1st 2010 by Riverbend Publishing (first published January 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Betty in the Sky with a Suitcase, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Betty in the Sky with a Suitcase

Steve Sawczyn
Sep 05, 2010 Steve Sawczyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: smashwords
Best and most hilarious book I've read in a long while. Anyone who flies, or who just wants a great laugh should read this.

On another note, this is the first book I've purchased from http://www.smashwords.com . I am very impressed with their selection and the fact that all the content I've thus far seen is accessible and is available in multiple formats.
Heidi
Nov 19, 2010 Heidi rated it liked it
This was a fun book of anecdotes told by flight attendants and pilots about some of the zany antics they get up to in the air. Instead of being whiny and anti-passenger like some other flight attendant books are, this was cheerful and upbeat. Next time I fly, I'm going to wonder what's going on behind the scenes!
Claudia
This book had a little trouble at take-off, but once it was off the ground it was a good flight. The collection of anecdotes included stories from flight attendants, flight crews and even passengers. A few were lame, but there were some great laugh-out-loud moments and some interesting flying factoids that lead me to recommend the book to my flight-ophile husband.
Kerry
Apr 17, 2011 Kerry rated it really liked it
This was refreshing! I enjoyed all the stories of this book, some had me laughing out loud while others had me saying "OMG". The facts were intresting I guess but I skipped most of them because I thought I might learn something and that scared me,lol.
A fun book!!
Sean Thomas
Dec 15, 2010 Sean Thomas rated it liked it
Accounts from Betty, a flight attendant, as well as other flight staff (including pilots). Stories about pranks, funny happenings, etc. Pretty funny but not hilarious, some of it was boring and a lot of airplane terms that I could have done without.
Kristi
Mar 09, 2011 Kristi rated it liked it
Funny collection of stories. I read it while I was on the airplane which made it funnier because I was picturing the pilots and flight attendants doing some of these lovely tricks while I was in the air.
May 22, 2016 Sarah rated it liked it
Cute little fluff piece, some funny stories. nice easy read that you can use to break up other books with.
Antje
May 04, 2012 Antje rated it it was amazing
Read it during a 9-hour flight to Germany. Hilarious! Informative! Thought-provoking ... wondering what our flight attendants had to endure.
Ginny
Feb 02, 2012 Ginny rated it it was amazing
Funny stories from pilots, flight attendants, flight crews, and passengers. Crazy stuff that goes on behind the scenes.
Annica
Jun 02, 2011 Annica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's perfectly possible to read this book without even cracking a smile. Horrendous writing style.
Landpomeranze
May 23, 2013 Landpomeranze rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
Some funny stories with a bit of trivia. Nothing earth-shattering but a quick littel read.
Erin Martin
Nov 04, 2011 Erin Martin rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Cute book. I enjoy compilations like this every once in a while.
Issa
Aug 25, 2011 Issa rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Full of funny stories and intersting facts. Fun read!
Karin
Feb 27, 2016 Karin rated it it was amazing
Interesting and hilarious.
Bob Woods
Bob Woods rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Ross Martin
Ross Martin marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Janet Murray
Janet Murray rated it did not like it
Jun 20, 2016
stephanie
stephanie rated it did not like it
Jun 02, 2016
Marty
Marty rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Peter Ramsing
Peter Ramsing rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
Emily P.
Emily P. rated it it was ok
May 17, 2016
Bruce Chappell
Bruce Chappell rated it really liked it
May 09, 2016
Tony Gu
Tony Gu marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Lucka Čápová
Lucka Čápová marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Wendy
Wendy added it
Apr 06, 2016
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Adela
Adela marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
  • Tales of Odessa
  • England For All Seasons
  • Full Upright and Locked Position: The Insider's Guide to Air Travel
  • Big Wig: A Little History of Hair
  • Hella Nation: Looking for Happy Meals in Kandahar, Rocking the Side Pipe,Wingnut's War Against the GAP, and Other Adventures with the Totally Lost Tribes of America
  • Gutsy Women: Travel Tips and Wisdom for the Road
  • The Abandoned Room
  • From Reliable Sources: An Introduction to Historical Methodology
  • The Houses of History: A Criticial Reader in Twentieth-Century History and Theory
  • История Российского государства. От истоков до монгольского нашествия.
  • Things They Cannot Say
  • Christian Science
  • My War: Killing Time in Iraq
  • Fire and Forget: Short Stories from the Long War
  • The Pursuit of History

“I was on a 747 flight out of Denver with four flight attendants on the plane. One of the flight attendants got off the plane to go check someone’s carry-on bag in the cargo hold, and while she was gone, the door closed and we began to taxi out. While we were giving the demo, we looked out the window of the airplane to see the flight attendant running alongside the plane in the snow, waving and yelling and trying to catch up to us. ‘Did you notice that we’re missing someone?’ I said to the other flight attendant. ‘Yes, but try to keep it low-key—there’s a supervisor on board!’ Well, it’s hard to keep it low-key when someone is running alongside your plane, waving and screaming. The plane stopped and the air stairs went down so she could get on board, and my co-worker said, ‘Tell her to try to be inconspicuous when she gets back on.’ Well, she had to walk the entire length of the plane to get back to her station, and everybody on board broke into applause.” 0 likes