Start by marking “Deep Harbor Deep Harbor” as Want to Read:
Deep Harbor Deep Harbor

Deep Harbor Deep Harbor (Northern Lights #2)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  383 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Lisa Tawn Bergren is the best-selling author of many novels, including "Refuge" and "Firestorm "of the Full Circle series." "Book one in the Northern Lights series is "The Captain's Bride "and the powerful conclusion is discovered with book three, "Midnight Sun." Lisa and her husband Tim reside in Colorado with their children. "From the Trade Paperback edition."
Published February 16th 2010 by Waterbrook Press (first published March 16th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Deep Harbor Deep Harbor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deep Harbor Deep Harbor

Ryan Moore
When I started reading this book it was a little hard to get into because I didn't feel a lot of sympathy for the main character Tora. She's a socialite in 1886 Helena, Montana which I thought was hilarious. As a historian I'm all too aware of what the Montana territory was like back then. She's come from Norway seeking a better life in America. Anyway, she comes off as a very stuck up person who doesn't really care about anyone but herself and then you learn she's hiding something from her fian ...more
Title: Deep Harbor
Author: Lisa Tawn Bergren
Pages: 384

Once again Lisa Tawn Bergren gives us a story that pulls you in. Full of inspiration, suspense, sorrow and justice. Deep Harbor leaves you satisfied.

Plot: This book picks up where Captain's Bride left off a few years later. We are updated on the lives of Peder and Elsa, Karl, Tora and Kaatje. These characters have found their place in America and living their lives accordingly.

Characters: One of the things I love about Lisa Tawn Bergrens writ
Amber Stokes
I knew I wanted to read this book after reading the intriguing excerpt at the end of The Captain's Bride (the first in the series), and I'm so glad I did! Deep Harbor covers the lives of several different characters, all of whom have their own problems they must confront. I loved how real the characters were, yet not without hope. The author never gives up on any of the characters (even Tora!), and that made me want to keep cheering them on, as well. The way Bergren describes them and their surr ...more
In this, the second book in the Northern Lights series, the intertwining stories of Elsa, Tora, Peder, Kaatje and Trent continue. Tora is without doubt the most interesting character brought to life by Bergren. In the first part of this book we are again brought in touch with her essential character, her thoughts and ambitions, her focus on her self-interests. In the second part of the book she is forced to confront herself, opening her eyes to her past as well as try to survive and adapt to rad ...more
Titanic Buff
In the second installment of the Northern Lights series Lisa Tawn Bergren follows up the live of our leading ladies. Elsa is still sailing the seven seas at Peder's side , but their bubble of tranquil happiness is about to burst when pirate Mason Dutton reenters their lives with the intent of recapturing Elsa. On shore Tora tries to force Trent Storm to propose marriage as she grows tired of waiting for her hopes of wealth and power. But her plans backfire with surprising results and she is sent ...more
Pam Carroll
This book was written so very well, it was just so sad...and terribly gripping on my heartstrings. I was glad I had the third book close by because I couldn't end on this one. I cried through most of it. It has wonderful life lessons in it, but don't read it unless you want to be struck with the reality of life, although the lessons that she shared were wonderful.

Book Two in the Northern Lights Series, Deep Harbor, continues with the story of Karl, Kaatje, Elsa and Tora as they begin their new lives in America. Tora is anticipating and in some ways dreading Trent Storm’s marriage proposal, Elsa is busy with her column for the New York Times, Karl is a partner in the hired coach business and Kaatje is trying to make a living for herself and her children on her small farm. Throughout this story, their lives richly intertwine as they suffer through tragedy,
★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix)
I picked up this Christian historical fiction series after reading one of Lisa T. Bergren's young adult series, and found a beautifully enticing journey. From start to finish, Norway to America, I followed these characters and their diverging and converging paths with a joyous realization of the story's accurate portrayal of faith, sin, redemption, and life in general.

This is one of my favorite series (and authors) of all time, and I find myself recommending it (and her) again and again!

(The fac
This was a good sequel to the Captain's Bride. While I could have done with a little less story-swapping, I suppose thats hard to do while covering so many people. I enjoyed Elsa's story most, perhaps. The idea of a woman sea captain is somewhat appealing, and this was done in a reasonably believable manner.

As much as I disliked Tora for most of the book, I found her 'slide' downwards somewhat harsh. Although, I suppose sometimes it happens that in real life too. I am glad she finally woke up a
This series spans ten years and feels epic in the multiple story-lines and global locales. Well-written, with adventure, romance, redemption, betrayal, and forgiveness, I was surprised time and again with where the story led. I didn't like the first book as well because of some choices characters made, but really liked books two and three. You definitely need to read these in order. If you like historical fiction, don't miss this series!

I received this e-book free from Waterbrook Multnomah in ex
I thought this second book in the series was better than the first. I began to appreciate the development of the characters more and got finally got hooked by the storyline.
Tora finally gets what she wants after God sends her to her knees. She does find God at the bottom of the barrel just as all of us do she cries out and he hears. Kaatje is also given a trial she is to try to come to pass with and sets out on a journey to find herself and the man she doesn't know shes in love with Its a good book just as the others and can't wait to read the next.
Joanna Bethea
I enjoyed this book more than the first. It seemed to me that first book dragged a little and spent more time on the ins and outs of working a ship and daily life rather than the characters and their intersections with one another. This book begins to develop each character individually as we'll as their relationships with one another.
Danielle Louisa
Love the adventure they r on!!! Already 30% into the third and last of the trilogy.... couldn't wait to get to the conclusion - so I downloaded it last night! I borrowed the first two books and because I loved them so much $6.99 was worth it to me! :) this is Christian wholesome reading with romance and a captivating edge.
I enjoyed this book much more than the first. The author is good at making you feel for the characters. Many questions from the first book were answered in the Deep Harbor, but still enough questions linger that I want to read number three in the series. It's a good balance of story told vs. story left to tell.
This is the 2nd in this series and was even better than Book 1. The author does an excellent job of developing the characters so that you feel like you really know them. This book had some definite surprises and unexpected turn of events. It was not predictable and left you anxious to start Book 3.
*Sigh* This book was really good. This is the middle book on Bergren's "Northern Lights" Trilogy. I am very much enjoying this historical Christian saga. The triliogy has love, adventure, and complex characters struggling to follow the paths God wants them to follow.
Valerie Waters
Not sure what to say about this book. It is definitely a christian read. I like how the book follows all of the different characters and that the story is on going. The characters don't just give in and all for each other. They are searching out their own destinies.
This book takes you west to Washington, Hawaii, Japan and to Alaska with the Bergenser. Awesome Journey. Tora's conversion story is pretty spectacular! I am a bit worried that now all the bad men have disappeared will the 3rd book be boring and predictable?
the second book in the northern lights series. Continues with the lives of a few norwegian immigrants as they make their way across america, establishing their lives, and facing their losses. a christian novel.
After getting into the first book in the series, I got attached to some of the characters and wanted to know more about them. There were some sad moments in this one but I really enjoyed it.
Exciting book and ends with you wanting so much more information on what happens to the characters. Was sad and missed them until I got the last and third book in the series.
I really like the first book in the series. This one was almost as good but turned a bit too 'preachy' on the Christian aspects of the characters, for my taste.
Susann Smith
I love this trilogy and appreciate my cousin for passing these books on to me. I highly recommend this trilogy as a thoughtful and well-written good read.
These are such great story lines. They pull you further along and make you unable to quit reading! Loved reading this one and then right on into the next!
Tragedy strikes all three women. How are they going to overcome their trials and carry on? I enjoyed this book and I am enjoying this series.
As soon as I put down the first of The Northern Lights Series I started reading Deep Harbor. And again I enjoyed it very much.
Tonnie Anderson
I love this series, although I feel things move way slow sometimes. I plan on reading the 3rd.
  • Anna Finch and the Hired Gun (Women of the West Series #2)
  • Skid (Occupational Hazards, #3)
  • Too Rich for a Bride (The Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek, #2)
  • An Absence So Great (Portraits of the Heart, #2)
  • The Reliance (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #2)
  • Lilies in Moonlight
  • A Promise for Breanna (Angel of Mercy #1)
  • An Ancient Strife (Caledonia, #2)
  • The Silver Sword (Heirs of Cahira O'Connor #1)
  • Painted Dresses
  • Mine Is the Night (Here Burns My Candle, #2)
  • Honor's Pledge (Rocky Mountain Legacy, #1)

Lisa Tawn Bergren is the best-selling, award-winning author of over 40 books, with more than 2.5 million copies sold. She recently finished a teen series called River of Time (WATERFALL, CASCADE, TORRENT, BOURNE & TRIBUTARY and soon will be done with the last installment, DELUGE). She's also written the Grand Tour Series (GLAMOROUS ILLUSIONS, GRAVE CONSEQUENCES, GLITTERING PROMISES), and
More about Lisa Tawn Bergren...

Northern Lights (3 books)
  • The Captain's Bride (Northern Lights, #1)
  • Midnight Sun (The Northern Lights, #3)