Start by marking “Why Is Snot Green?: And Other Extremely Important Questions (and Answers)” as Want to Read:
Why Is Snot Green?: And Other Extremely Important Questions (and Answers)

Why Is Snot Green?: And Other Extremely Important Questions (and Answers)

PREPARE TO LAUGH AND LEARN Scientific answers to mysteries kids really want to know. Sure a lot of kids want to grow up to be astronauts, but according to scientist Glenn Murphy, even MORE kids want to know what happens to astronaut farts. (Short answer: Not good things!) And they want to know: Why don't all fish die from lightening storms? Why haven't we all been sucked i ...more
Published April 14th 2009 by Turtleback Books (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Why Is Snot Green?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why Is Snot Green?

Beverley
Jan 07, 2014 Beverley rated it it was amazing
This book was an excellent book of facts about Space and the Human Body. It is written in a way that makes the reader want to read more. It has a question, then it answers the question for the reader. Some of the questions are fun and silly, like "why do we burp", which children love. I thought this was an excellent book to use with my year 4 guided reading group. There were lots of questions, that the children wanted to ask that were not covered, and also the children could design their own fro ...more
Jeanne O'Hara
Genre: Non fiction.

Why is Snot Green has the title to appeal to boys, and that is this book's audience. It is based on questions the author heard as a docent in a museum, but presented in a easy-to-read and silly question and answer format.

A collection of fun facts about space, the earth, animals, the human body, and the future (mainly robots), this book really has no literary qualities. This book is perfect for independent reading. Boys will find it hilarious. Boys will read it, laugh to themse
Dolly
Sep 02, 2014 Dolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: middle grade readers
This book offers a humorous way to answer science questions and inspires children to keep asking more questions and searching for the answers in science. The book has an interview-like format, with numerous questions asked (and answered) about each topic.

It took us for-ev-er to read this book because we would only read one or two topics each time and we took some breaks in between. Still, we really enjoyed reading this book together and we all learned quite a bit from the book. After all, where
Terry
Dec 06, 2009 Terry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He-larious! I was never a big fan of science ... at least not until I read this book! I recently book talked this to a bunch of middle schoolers, mainly 7th grade, and they were hooting and hollering when I read some of the questions in the book, especially the ones about farting (those were my favorites too). Recommended to anyone who wants to interest young teens in science, particularly boys. The best part is, you don't have to read the book straight through if you don't want to. You can pick ...more
Joella www.cinjoella.com
You can read this like one of the world records books. (aka read the parts that are interesting, don't read the parts that aren't.) Lots of fun questions and facts presented in a question and answer format. Good intro to randomness non-fiction fun.
Justin
Oct 16, 2016 Justin rated it really liked it
Why is Snot Green? by Glenn Murphy, is an awesome book that puts a funny childish twist on questions about science we were always thinking about in the back of our minds, from flying cars to future schools this book has it all. The book is laid out like an interview with a short freckle faced kid asking a scientist question after question revealing surprising and sometimes funny answers. There are a few different sections to this book including space, animal adaptations, and what the world will ...more
Seung Soo
Jan 11, 2016 Seung Soo rated it it was amazing
Why is snot green, by Glenn Murphy, is written in a way which a boy asks question and a scientist answers. This caught my attention and made me want read it. But not only this, but the questions that talk about space and human body was really interesting and funny, like "What happens to the astronomer when they fart in space?" or "Is time traveling possible?" I was really surprised to know that time traveling is actually theoretically possible. Although I might be too old to read this book (To b ...more
Yuya Okada
Feb 08, 2013 Yuya Okada rated it really liked it
I finished reading a book called "Why is Snot Green?' It has 233 pages and it is by Glenn Murphy. And this book is science book. In this book, you can learn tons of fun facts. Some of them are all around us. For example, in the book scientist tells you about lightning. Most of the fact in this book was funny and interesting.
I would give this book a 4 because I learned so many fact. You can tell your friend and parents about it. My favorite fact about chameleon and how they change color. This b
Guguk
Aug 20, 2015 Guguk rated it really liked it
Shelves: bakpao-keju
Biar udah lewat usia anak-anak, tapi pengetahuan di buku ini banyak banget yang belum aku tahu~

Menarik dan dibawakan dengan gaya becanda, jadi bacanya gak bosen (^ ^)

Oiya, karena ini ngebahas "ilmu pengetahuan" tentunya ada pula yang gak senada-seirama dengan "agama" (^,^)
Buatku sih gak masalah juga, soalnya yang namanya ilmu pengetahuan 'kan butuh bukti yang terlihat. Sementara kepercayaan itu justru yakin-tanpa-bukti (^.^)
Benjamin
Mar 24, 2013 Benjamin rated it really liked it
Why is Snot Green is an informational book packed with interesting facts. Instead of being a big wall of text, Glenn Murphy adds pictures and makes the book funny instead of totally serious. This book has lots of funny/interesting questions and there answers like "When lightning strikes the sea, why don't all the fish die?" If you want to know the answer, read Why is Snot Green? by Glenn Murphy.
Emyrose8
Jul 06, 2012 Emyrose8 rated it liked it
I really liked the way this book was set up; the question/answer format helped break up the information and followed the thought process in my head as I was reading it. This book is a great reference (there's an index in the back), and it would be a good book to hook reluctant readers (especially boys). However, there was too much evolution in this book for my taste.
Charles
Mar 12, 2011 Charles rated it it was amazing
Awesome book, written in a way a kid can read & understand, with just enough of the cool/gross factor that gets them looking at it in the first place. Good frank explanations of things enough us grown-ups don't always know.
Fatima
May 13, 2008 Fatima rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is typed in a way that makes me think that two people were talking and someone was typing it up. I learned a lot from this book like 'why is the sky blue?' and 'will we have flying cars in the future?.
dijahs
Feb 03, 2016 dijahs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun book to read, especially for young readers who are interested in science. The author managed to compile interesting everyday questions and explain the science with simple answers. Enjoyed reading this book!
Marc
Apr 20, 2012 Marc rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone of all ages!
Recommended to Marc by: My local library
I really enjoyed this book! It was very simplistic, funny and kept my attention.

There was also a great deal of information to subjects I really never gave a second thought... but now, I find myself thinking about a lot of other "same old" situations!
Tara
Dec 01, 2013 Tara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-addictions
I had this when i was a kid and i loved it and its questions and answerz that kids my age at the time wondered and also fun places to put boogers
Abraham Ray
Mar 12, 2016 Abraham Ray rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of trivia & fun facts!
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Shadee
Jun 05, 2009 Shadee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely freakin' hilarious! If you have any younger middle school visits this is perfect. I was nearly in tears reading this...a perfect younger boy book.
the boss  is awesome
Aug 19, 2014 the boss is awesome rated it it was ok
i dont know why everyone says its funny all the questions are either sciency or just about yucky stuff that comes out of ure self
Kelli
Apr 02, 2013 Kelli rated it really liked it
Very fun and interesting book. Gets your attention and a lot of the answers/conversations are funny too. It's educational and fun. I recommend this to YOU!
Gina
Dec 22, 2010 Gina rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable book about science written for kids. It talked about topics ranging from space to humans to animals and everything in between. A great book for kids and adults!
Katarina
Katarina rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2013
Conrad Freethy
Conrad Freethy rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2017
Brittany Mccauley
Brittany Mccauley rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2010
Imo
Oct 24, 2011 Imo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: referenced
If you enjoyed children's miscellany, you'll enjoy this one! And vice versa!
CocoTheKitty
CocoTheKitty rated it did not like it
Apr 17, 2016
Teddy
Teddy rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2013
Chloe Howell
Chloe Howell rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2014
Flying  Books
Flying Books rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2014
Taylor
Taylor rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • 15 Minutes
  • AAAA!: A FoxTrot Assortment for Non-Adults
  • Bees, Snails, & Peacock Tails: Patterns & Shapes . . . Naturally
  • Fireflies In The Dark: The Story Of Friedl Dicker Brandeis And The Children Of Terezin
  • Science Rocks!
  • Human Body: A Book with Guts! (Basher Science)
  • Terrible Terrel (Sugar Plum Ballerinas, #4)
  • Nelson Mandela
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be an Egyptian Mummy!: Disgusting Things You'd Rather Not Know
  • Garfield Gets Cookin' (Garfield #38)
  • Eggs over Evie
  • Six Million Paper Clips: The Making of a Children's Holocaust Memorial
  • Blood, Bones and Body Bits
  • Oh, Yuck! The Encyclopedia of Everything Nasty
  • Kids at Work: Lewis Hine and the Crusade Against Child Labor
  • Kristy and the Sister War (The Baby-Sitters Club, #112)
  • The Expeditioners and the Secret of King Triton's Lair (The Expeditioners, #2)
  • The Field of Wacky Inventions (Floors #3)