Start by marking “The Cat in the Rhinestone Suit” as Want to Read:
The Cat in the Rhinestone Suit

The Cat in the Rhinestone Suit

2.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  57 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
From John Carter Cash, a rootin’, toe tappin’ tale that’s sure to be a hoot—with a great lesson to boot!

In this humorous story, the cat in the rhinestone suit is out to settle a score with his arch nemesis, a snake named Del Moore. A comedy of errors ensues, leaving the cat and his traveling companions—a bandicoot, a mouse, and a camel—hanging from a root. Just when it see
Published May 1st 2012 by Little Simon Inspirations (first published January 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Cat in the Rhinestone Suit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cat in the Rhinestone Suit

Eyehavenofilter
Jul 15, 2012 Eyehavenofilter rated it really liked it
A very egotistical pussycat dressed in a rhinestone studded suit, sets off out west on his bandicoot, with with mouse and camel by his side. He's looking for Snake Del Moore, who stole his catnip ball when cat was just a kitty. As they travel along, an accident occurs and all of them end up stranded, hanging off a cliff. Many pass them by, not even offeriing to help. But who should come to the resue? You guessed it, non other than Snake Del Moore! All is forgiven and a life long friendship is fo ...more
EsEfEm
Sep 06, 2013 EsEfEm rated it it was ok
Shelves: kid
My 3 year old picked this out at the library. When I looked at the cover, I thought, 'Well this looks...strange.' Kid was very excited to read it.
I opened it this morning to read to him and felt like I'd been punched in the face. John Carter Cash wrote this? How did I miss that in the gigantic letters scrawled across the cover?
I guess John Carter Cash writes children's books.
Not very well, if this one book is any indication. It just seemed so forced, as if it's more concerned with rhyming than s
Jj
May 29, 2013 Jj rated it did not like it
Uhhhhh...what? I found this confusing. Nice illustrations, of course, but the story (is there one in here?) seems to have passed me by. There is indeed plenty of potential, but it all needs to be pulled together and be given some direction.
Carol
Jul 30, 2012 Carol rated it liked it
I loved the pictures. The text was a little odd at times and the rhyming seemed forced. Probably would have worked for a song, which is what I think the author was aiming for. But I did enjoy the illustrations.
Jacob Burton
Dec 18, 2014 Jacob Burton rated it liked it
Shelves: 544-t-l
This is a poetry book, and I would also classify it as a Western. Published in 2012, this story involves a young cat who had his ball taken from him by a snake. The cat grows up to be a sheriff of the town, and vows to bring the snake to justice. However, while riding one day the cat almost falls off a cliff, and it takes an unlikely hero to save him. This book is written more for a younger elementary school crowd, but I could see some older kids enjoying the pictures and story.
Heydi Smith
Sep 05, 2014 Heydi Smith rated it did not like it
Shelves: skip-it
It's not very often that I don't like children's books, I love them all, mostly. But this one I just didn't get. I understand the story, I appreciated the illustrations, but why does the last line of every page not rhyme? Or even make sense half the time? Is this a writing choice? Is this cleaver and I'm just missing it?

I was relieved to see that other Goodread's reviewers felt the same.
Ms Threlkeld
Apr 16, 2015 Ms Threlkeld rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Very interesting rhyme scheme, which may appeal to some readers and turn others off. Loved the end papers and quirky characters.
Cassandra
Nov 24, 2015 Cassandra rated it it was ok
I kind of liked the illustrations. But I didn't like the story or the word choice. Just a weird little book.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Nov 14, 2012 Nancy Jo Lambert rated it liked it
Shelves: humorous
Eh. Nothing special here. Could be fun read aloud, but good portions of this book just fall flat. The kids may take a liking to it just because of the great illustrations.
Rachel
Mar 06, 2012 Rachel rated it liked it
Sacrifices story for rhyme, but I like how the rhyming words are in a different color, a good classroom book because of this, but the rhythm of the words does not fully work.
Amy
May 22, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
A Western about a newly formed friendship between two sworn enemies. Written by the son of Johnny Cash, it reads like a country song. I wish it had a CD with it!
Jackie
May 02, 2012 Jackie rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
John Carter Cash is the son of singers Roseanne Carter and Johnny Cash. This is a great read aloud (and probably sing aloud) book with fun illustrations.
Kendra
May 27, 2012 Kendra rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Love that rhyming words are color coded. It works with the illustrations, but could also be really helpful for beginning readers.
Jodie
Sep 16, 2012 Jodie rated it it was ok
Lots of rhyming in this book and the change of color helps the reader notice it. But overall, just an ok read for me.
McKayla Hogge
Apr 17, 2013 McKayla Hogge rated it it was amazing
Great read aloud! Almost like a country song!
PWRL
Sep 25, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
A
Summer
Summer rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2016
Jayden Mahoney
Jayden Mahoney rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Keir Bridges
Keir Bridges marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Cin-Ru
Cin-Ru added it
Nov 24, 2015
Cara
Cara rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2015
Jennifer Heise
Jennifer Heise marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Kaycie
Kaycie added it
Jan 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
John Carter Cash is a five-time Grammy-winning record producer, and author of numerous articles published in popular newspapers and magazines. He owns and manages Cash Cabin Studio. John Carter diligently preserves the family legacy and is caretaker to the heritage of his muscial ancestors. He is the only child of June Carter and Johnny Cash. He lives with his wife, Laura, and three children, Jose ...more
More about John Carter Cash...