Start by marking “SPHDZ (Spaceheadz, #2)” as Want to Read:
SPHDZ (Spaceheadz, #2)

SPHDZ (Spaceheadz #2)

The campaign is going well. The SPHDZ word is getting out. 1000's of kids have signed up to say they are SPHDZ. But things haven't gotten any easier for Michael K. The SPHDZ are still trying to blend in to our Earth culture, but not very successfully. They're still mixing up Thanksgiving, cartoon plots, holidays, and commercials. This makes it especially hard for Michael ...more
Published December 21st 2010 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about SPHDZ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SPHDZ

Miss Ryoko
Nov 03, 2013 Miss Ryoko rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
Spaceheadz Book #2 certainly outdid the first book. Sure, I enjoyed the first book, but I REALLY loved this one! I have yet to run across a Jon Scieszka book I don't like, so I'm not surprised. In this book, sometimes his writing reminded me a lot of Lemony Snicket or Christopher Moore, two of my favorite writers so I had to grin. Those moments remind me about why I love reading so much and what it is my favorite authors do that make them my favorite. The only thing I would have changed was at t ...more
Molly (Conan the Librarian) Crumbley
If you’re Spaceheadz and you know it clap your hands!

Michael K. and his alien friends are back in the second action-packed installment of the SPHDZ series. Spaceheadz Bob, Jennifer, and Major Fluffy are still trying to disguise themselves and blend in at Michael’s elementary school, where they’re working undercover to recruit as many people to sign up for the SPHDZ website as possible. It’s a life or death situation because their home base will deactivate the Earth if they can’t get enough sign
Cathy
Aug 01, 2013 Cathy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, brendan, moira, lia
Only slightly closer to three point one four million and one kids committing to be spaceheadz, Michael K. is still trying to protect Jennifer and Bob from being discovered as aliens. Friends Venus and TJ know something is off with Jennifer and Bob, they just can't put their finger on it, until they witness a disturbance caused by the aliens.
The five friends help a class of kindergarteners stage a play about Little Red Riding Hood, making plans to get more spaceheadz and figure out the differenc
Sonia
My son loved this book. Dad & I enjoyed it. It was written for intelligent young people, so all those reviews I've read that pretty much hated it, well, every book is not for everyone. (And I am developing the perception that those who hate this book series take books WAY TOO SERIOUSLY and need to learn to laugh. There are lessons in laughing. Very scientific, serious ones.)

If you over-analyze commercials or even if you get their songs/jingles stuck in your head, you'll enjoy this book. I ha
Diane
Sep 21, 2013 Diane rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Michael K and the Spaceheadz (Ben and Jennifer) must get 500,001 people to become Spaceheadz or the earth will "Switch off". But finally, Michael K has some help from his web savvy classmates: Venus and TJ. It's not easy ... especially when they find out that in "earth years", Ben and Jennifer are only 5 years old (YIKES! Kindergartners!) And, of course, Agent Umber of the AAA is still on the look out for Spaceheadz. And, in the meantime, some company called "DarkWave X" has hired Dad K to ...more
Ubalstecha
Aug 01, 2013 Ubalstecha rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads
Michael K. is having an interesting Grade 5 year. He has started at a new school and was immediately teamed up with two other new students. To say they are a little wierd would be an understatement. They are, in fact, aliens who have been sent to earth to prevent our destruction, and they have recruited Michael K. to help.

In book two, Micheal has recruited his friends TJ and Venus to help him with the project. They agree to do this, while dealing with a kindergarten play and advancing AAA agents
Morninglight Mama
Feb 04, 2016 Morninglight Mama rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, fiction
More laughs care of our buddy Jon Scieszka and those three wacky aliens. The second installment of the Spaceheadz series brings the laughs and gives some additional information that helps to explain Bob, Jennifer and Fluffy's mission (and weirdness!). My son and I read this together, and continued to giggle away at the silliness. We used the online resources and fun a bit more this time around, especially LOVING Fluffy's Translator-- those provide some of the best lines of the entire book!!
Jeanne
Aug 01, 2013 Jeanne rated it it was ok
considering I didn't read the first book I was a tad lost at first. the kids should like it. It was the first book I read on an e-reader. My library bought 2 Nooks and 2 Kindles for us to learn on and to lend out. Sphdz #2 was on the Kindle.
Heather
Aug 01, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
Maybe not quite as good as the first book, but still fabulous. I love Major Fluffy and the idea of Spaceheadz kindergartners. I read this one in a bookstore, laughing out loud at a lot of the situations and illustrations. Keep them coming!
Jess
Aug 01, 2013 Jess rated it it was ok
Good follow up to the first book. Perfect for readers who love series books. Good mix of text and illustrations to break up pages. One that will not be sitting on my shelves at the library for long.
Karen Arendt
Aug 01, 2013 Karen Arendt rated it it was amazing
Humorous, adventurous story about Michael K. Venus, and TJ trying to get 3.14 million and one spaceheadz within the next 700 hours or earth will end. Some fun, clean humor and lots of wacky events.
Joan Marie
Jan 26, 2016 Joan Marie rated it liked it
Kids who like off-the-wall reading will like this. Even hesitant readers will like the black ink drawings and short chapters and side bars.
Nancy Jo Lambert
This is such a clever series with such a fun concept. I love this 2nd book in the series. They are so funny and well written. I wish I had the time to read the whole series. Such fun books!
Luca
Apr 09, 2016 Luca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't say you'll survive AAAHHH1 And when I read this I began too explode! On a bout! I am dead now, I can't believe they got me now! I don't want to die insode myself. I will Die!
Elizabeth
Aug 01, 2013 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Good follow up to first book. Not earth shaking, follows formula. Did learn more about main characters family. Setting up for future plot.
John
John rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2014
Jonas
Jonas rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2015
HazielSanchez
HazielSanchez rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
Aidens
Aidens rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Jonathan
Jonathan rated it it was amazing
Will
Will rated it it was amazing
Camden
Camden rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2014
Ella
Ella rated it really liked it
bryce
bryce rated it did not like it
Nov 22, 2016
Carla
Carla rated it really liked it
Beth
Beth rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2015
Whisper Poet
Whisper Poet rated it really liked it
Catherine
Dec 10, 2014 Catherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Just as cute as the first book in the series. This book will have you laughing the entire time.
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Prince of Underwhere
  • Space Taxi: Archie Takes Flight
  • The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Fishy Business
  • How to Grow Up and Rule the World, by Vordak the Incomprehensible (Vordak #1)
  • Sardine in Outer Space
  • The Battling Bands (Knights of the Lunch Table, #3)
  • Shells, Smells, and the Horrible Flip-Flops of Doom (Justin Case, #2)
  • The Secret of the Sealed Room: A Mystery of Young Ben Franklin
  • Oscar and the Very Hungry Dragon
  • The Busy Tree
  • Tiny Titans, Vol. 7: Growing Up Tiny!
  • Never Swipe a Bully's Bear (Roscoe Riley Rules, #2)
  • The Dunderheads Behind Bars
  • The Great Hamster Massacre
  • Charlie's Superhero Underpants
  • Allergic to Birthday Parties, Science Projects, and Other Man-made Catastrophes (Alvin Ho, #3)
  • Julep O'Toole: Confessions of a Middle Child
  • Lair of the Bat Monster (Dragonbreath, #4)
Jon Scieszka is a writer and teacher. He lives in Brooklyn, New York, with his wife and two children. Occasionally he has been known to howl at the full moon. --from the dust jacket of "The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs"

Jon Scieszka is also the author of the best-selling ALA Notable Book, The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, as well as Knights of the Kitchen Table, and The Not-So-Jolly Roger
More about Jon Scieszka...

Spaceheadz (4 books)
  • SPHDZ (Spaceheadz, #1)
  • SPHDZ (Spaceheadz, #3)
  • SPHDZ 4 Life (Spaceheadz, #4)