Start by marking “Agent Q, or The Smell of Danger! (Pals in Peril #4)” as Want to Read:
Agent Q, or The Smell of Danger! (Pals in Peril #4)

Agent Q, or The Smell of Danger! (Pals in Peril #4)

It's time for Lily, Katie, and Jasper to head home from their exciting Delaware adventure, but the Awful Autarch's spies and goons are everywhere, and it's clear that *they* have other plans for our three intrepid heroes.

Chock full of ups, downs, twists, turns, and even a band of sentient lobsters fighting on the side of Good, this fourth installment of the Pals in Peril

Published October 19th 2010 by Beach Lane Books (first published September 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Agent Q, or The Smell of Danger!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Agent Q, or The Smell of Danger!

Marut
Sep 13, 2015 Marut rated it it was amazing
The main characters are Jasper, Katie, Lily and some monks who can't lie, Jasper and friends have to illegally cross the Delaware border into america. but the Delaware spies will not allow the the kids to cross the border. i like this book as it is very descriptive.
Ashley
Dec 26, 2011 Ashley rated it really liked it
Don't you just love it when wishes in books come true?
Aarifa - Lover of Harry Potter, Books, and Animals-
SPOILER ALERT! DON'T READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO LOOK AT THE AWESOME CHARACTERS IN THIS BOOK!
Ok, I have to admit it, M. T. Anderson is one of my top favorite authors, and I mean it! I love his Pals in Peril series, which have made me LOL since I started them. I have to say, Agent Q, or The Smell of Danger is the most hilarious one in the series, and that's because of Katie and Drgnan, and all those spies, and "Doverian" accents in Delaware, and how Drgnan always explains things and doesn't have an
Noah Sammons
Sep 15, 2013 Noah Sammons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book review is about "A Pals in Peril Tale." It is a fictional book by M. T. Anderson. Jasper Dash has to go to Vbngoom, the Platter of Heaven, to find and save his friend. Jasper is a very clever inventor. He and his friends, Katie, a curious and adventurous girl, and lily, a very shy but brave girl, go on the adventure to save his friend. Jasper is part of the stare eyes team and they try to beat the Delaware team but he noticed that something was wrong with them. They travel to Delaware ...more
Tom
May 19, 2014 Tom rated it really liked it
Listened to an audio recording on a car trip, and the reader for the audiobook was great (just as he was for Delaware). I doubt I'd have enjoyed reading the book as much as I enjoyed listening to it.

Anyway, after we'd listened to both Delaware and Whales on past car trips (in that order), we'd assumed all the books were disjoint. So we got surprised when Agent Q picked up where Delaware left off. But it went well. And while some stuff was overdone, it was still a lot of fun.

It was also great to
Diane
Oct 28, 2014 Diane rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Lily, Jasper and Kate are trying to get home, but it's not easy. The Evil Autocrat of Delaware is after them. So, they seek the help of the Vbngoom Monastery - “most powerful monastery in the state of Delaware”. As the monks accompany them in their travels, they receive a secret message from a waiter tell them that an "Agent Q" is coming to help them. When the agent, Tyler Quizmos, shows up, it's hard to believe he cares about anything but his hair.

Will the Pals find their way home? Who is the
Phoebe
Readers who enjoy Adam Rex (Smekday) will appreciate the zaniness of Anderson's Pals in Peril series. The extremely bright Anderson peppers his appealing adventure stories with wit and the absurd and yet manages to offer a well-put-together chapter book. I started with book 4 and so had to pick up threads here and there as our heroes, Jasper (Boy Technonaut), and his companions Lily and Katie are stranded in the great land of Delaware and are trying desperately to return home. They are not sure ...more
Diana Tiffany
Nov 08, 2011 Diana Tiffany rated it it was amazing
The Pals in Peril series are hilarious! If you can get a copy of the audio version to listen to, it really adds to the experience of the book. Marc Cashman's various character voices are great and actually gave me an idea how to pronounce some of the names which are missing vowels. Even if you haven't read Whales on Stilts! or The Clue of the Linoleum Lederhosen, it is crucial that you read book three: Jasper Dash and the Flame-Pits of Delaware. That sets the stage for Agent Q, or The Smell of D ...more
Rose
Mar 22, 2011 Rose added it
LOL, I love these books! I don't think you necessarily have to have read the first two in the series (Whales on Stilts! and The Clue of the Linoleum Lederhosen), but I do think you need to have read #3, the book immediately prior to this one (Jasper Dash and the Flame-Pits of Delaware). Otherwise, you will be lost as to why three children need to escape the exciting (but repressive) state of Delaware. Um, if we ever go to Delaware, my kids are going to be highly disappointed in its mundane reali ...more
Bruce
Jul 26, 2015 Bruce rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With a river filled with giant single cell monsters attempting to digest unwary waders, spies and informants everywhere, and the Ministry of Silence ready to silence you, who knew that the state of Delaware was such a dangerous place? Will the pals: Lily, Katie, and Jasper Dash, Boy Technonaut, and their fellow travelers, the monks of Vbngoom make it alive to the Jersey shore, relying on sarcastic teenagers, sentient lobsters, and the mysterious Agent Q? The answers are contained in this absurdl ...more
Trent Searles
Heather
Oct 13, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
I was only going to give this 4 stars, but the last disc really pulled some punches. There were so many funny lines and situations in the last quarter, and I had a fabulous time listening to the story on my drives to and from work. I am going to get my hands on a copy of the book so I can post some of the more fabulous quotes.
Jay
Oct 14, 2012 Jay rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, 2012
The characters are still great and the story is very funny (don't skip the appendix!), but I'm feeling like he stretched this novel out longer than it needed to be. A little trimming here and there would have made the story a bit better. Still, it was very enjoyable. Jasper Dash is such a great character, even if he is cartoonish.
Audrey
This book was really saved by the sentient lobsters. I mean, it's really hard to take a kind of KGB-infested Cold War-esque country and make it funny, so I didn't enjoy this as much as the first three books in the series, but the plot twists were well done and, you know, SENTIENT LOBSTERS.
Christine
Jan 17, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it
Sentient lobsters! This is a fun series; good characters in loony situations. Only drawback is that I have been reading them out loud to my daughter, and some characters are missing vowels in their names.
ERL
Nov 08, 2011 ERL rated it really liked it
This book was very good. It was little confusing but awesome. It was in the dangerous state of Delaware. Agent Q. is a weirdo and he is also ssssssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr weird.
Dianna Damir
Aug 22, 2014 Dianna Damir rated it it was amazing
Alas! The Pals aren't yet in the clear! In this book, they must rely on their smarts, their knowledge of Delaware, vaultapults and a mysterious Agent Q.
Brenda Kahn
Trippy, rollicking fun this series is. While the audio performance was fine, I think I prefer reading this series with my eyes.
Theo
Dec 16, 2010 Theo rated it it was amazing
It had a slightly slow beginning, but once they got Mrglik ambushed them it got really exciting. It was really good, but Jasper Dash and the Flame Pits of Delaware is still my favorite.
Leslie
Aug 28, 2012 Leslie added it
Loved it. Who knew all the amazing adventures that a kid can have in Delaware! I'm now enjoying Whales on Stilts.
Luca
Apr 09, 2016 Luca rated it it was amazing
That was a really good one, drama with action makes the perfect stuff. Loved it sssoooooooooo much. How do they make books like these?
Keira
Keira rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2012
Emme
Emme rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Bobby Dykeman
Bobby Dykeman rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2013
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2011
Jennifer Monsen
Jennifer Monsen rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2017
Edith
Edith rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2012
Caleb
Caleb rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2010
Carmaya Humble
Carmaya Humble rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2012
Sasha
Sasha rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Ghostwriter Secret (Brixton Brothers #2)
  • Serial Sabotage (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #43; Sabotage Mystery Trilogy, #2)
  • Dead Guy Spy (Nathan Abercrombie, Accidental Zombie, #2)
  • The Vanishing Violin (The Red Blazer Girls, #2)
  • Griff Carver, Hallway Patrol
  • Adventures of a Cat-Whiskered Girl
  • Moonshadow: Rise of the Ninja (Moonshadow, #1)
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret UFOs
  • Elliot and the Goblin War (Underworld Chronicles #1)
  • Archvillain (Archvillain, #1)
  • Edison’s Gold
  • Trouble Magnet (George Brown, Class Clown, #2)
  • Slappy New Year! (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #18)
  • Unearthly Asylum (Joy of Spooking, #2)
  • The Adventures of Nanny Piggins
  • Masters of Disaster
  • Eruption (Storm Runners, #3)
  • Bobby The Brave (Sometimes)
Matthew Tobin Anderson (M. T. Anderson), (1968- ) is an author, primarily of picture books for children and novels for young adults. Anderson lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

His picture books include Handel Who Knew What He Liked; Strange Mr. Satie; The Serpent Came to Gloucester; and Me, All Alone, at the End of the World. He has written such young adult books as Thirsty, Burger Wuss, Feed, The
More about M.T. Anderson...

Pals in Peril (6 books)
  • Whales on Stilts (Pals in Peril, #1)
  • The Clue of the Linoleum Lederhosen (Pals in Peril, #2)
  • Jasper Dash and the Flame-Pits of Delaware (Pals in Peril #3)
  • Zombie Mommy (Pals in Peril, #5)
  • He Laughed with His Other Mouths (Pals in Peril, #6)

“One of the best things about road-tripping with monks is that monks are used to repeating chants over and over and over, so they really don't mind songs like 'Ninety-nine Bottles of Beer on the Wall' or 'The Song That Never Ends.” 3 likes
“Dear reader. Dear, dear reader. Here we find ourselves, you and me, engaged in a book in which someone has just exclaimed, in all seriousness, 'The sentient lobsters!'

How did we end up here? Did we make some mistake along the way?”
3 likes