Start by marking “Stilettos in the Newsroom” as Want to Read:
Stilettos in the Newsroom

Stilettos in the Newsroom

A racy and lively account of a bubbly 28-year-old journalist Stilettos in the Newsroom unravels itself through the eyes of Radhika Kanetkar right from the time she took her first step into the newsroom, got her first story, made bloopers and handled pressures to meet deadlines. In the midst of all this, Radhika experiences a journey of triumph, anguish, jealousy and of cou ...more
138 pages
Published 2010 by Rupa & Co

To ask other readers questions about Stilettos in the Newsroom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stilettos in the Newsroom

Avid
The first thing you notice about this book is it is not about some guy who graduated out of IIM and landed himself a job in an MNC company. What a relief! When every second book released (my exaggeration) by an Indian author is about IIM or IIT graduates, this book comes as a breath of fresh air. Rashmi Kumar debuts as an author with this book and it does make you sit up and take notice.

Stilettos in the Newsroom is about Radhika, a fresh graduate who finds herself a copy editing job in a newspap
Himani Gupta
Feb 05, 2015 Himani Gupta rated it liked it
☆☆☆ A nice and humorous book to read about the life of a journalist. A must read book.

Full Review: http://www.himanipassion.com/book-rev...
Bookgeeks.In
Mar 28, 2015 Bookgeeks.In rated it it was ok
PLOT: 1.5/5

CHARACTERS: 3/5

WRITING STYLE: 2.5/5

CLIMAX: 1/5

ENTERTAINMENT QUOTIENT: 2/5

In mood for some good chick-lit I logged into Flipkart to browse through the genre. What I came across was a catchy and suggestively Page3-scandalous-sort title “Stilettoes in the Newsroom”. I decided to order it right away and thanks to Flipkart the book arrived real soon. As I got down to reading, expecting some scam, scoop and masala, I found none. The book is by a debut author - Rashmi Kumar - who is a journa
Amit Gupta
Jun 16, 2015 Amit Gupta rated it did not like it
It is seen through the eye of a bubbly 28-year-old journalist - Radhika Kanetkar - right from the time she took her first step into the newsroom, got her first story and made bloopers, to how she handled pressures to meet deadlines. In the midst of all this, she experiences a journey of triumph, anguish, jealousy and of course, finds her true love.

I know a few journalists in Delhi, but the common thread among their personalities has always been ardent passion towards learning nuances of journali
Sundeep Supertramp
Foreword:

Stilettos in the Newsroom. Isn't the name catchy enough? If you are on the impression that this book is a 'chic-lit', well, I can't justify you. When I first heard of this book. My reaction was the same. But considering the thin book, that this book is, I didn't hesitate to select this book for reading.

Actually, it is the other way around. I was selected to review this book. As you, readers, know Subho (Subhasis Das) is one of our stackers. It is in one of his interviews that Rashmi Kum
Meghant Parmar
Aug 27, 2013 Meghant Parmar rated it liked it
A light hearted story about press and it's various aspects. It all has been described through the eyes of Radhika Kanetkar and most of the description fits all the missing pieces together.

It's humorous and it keeps entertained with it's quick pace.

It's not in detail which is where it lacks a for more great insight required for a profession and a love story which puts off all the charm because of it's stagnant nature.

It's not a typical love story or a college story but it talks about a profess
Simran Kaur​
Jun 01, 2015 Simran Kaur​ rated it liked it
"Stilettos in the Newsroom" by Rashmi Kumar is a story of Radhika Kanetkar and her career as a journalist. The author has skillfully presented people; unpredictable behavior and politics inside the Newsroom. The story goes plain with least twists and turns. I liked its simple and pacy narration. Use of indigenous terms and well brought emotions keeps reader connected to the central character of the story, Radhika. She is hard working, innocent, dependable, bubbly and too smart. I especially like ...more
Muddle head
Apr 15, 2010 Muddle head rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: non-humans
Recommended to Muddle head by: no one, just my stupid self
This is just one more crappy novel, not at all interesting, the only thing that keeps you interested is that u donno when the next guy comes along, kisses our heroine and she falls in love with him, only till the next one comes along. This makes an ideal script for the C-grade mallu movies. Absolutely zero story content, zero literary value.

I hate to even review this time-waste piece of crap. I can't justify even the single-star, sorry Rashmi !
Aditya
Sep 27, 2012 Aditya added it
A very Strong First Novel by Journalist Rashmi Kumar . First Novels are the best ones , especially if you are budding novelist and even more if you want to become one some day . Her genre of writing is strictly Professional and after reading the Novel you'll agree that she actually is a strong person and knows herself. I bought this Novel on my way to Lucknow 8 months back and will rate it as a decent 5.9
Arpitha
The reason i read this book was to get to know what goes on newrooms on a daily basis as they continue to churn out nonsense. Also wanted to know the inner workings of those pretentious left wingers infesting the main stream media. Unfortunately there is no such scoop in this 'bridget jones' wannabe piece of chicken lit. Its not funny,it reveals nothing and its not worth your time.
Shefali
Jun 14, 2012 Shefali rated it really liked it
terrifc i just loved it..
Saniya Huseini
third class book.... totally a waste.. the worst book I have ever read... it even doesn't deserve a single star...
Aura
Dec 13, 2014 Aura rated it really liked it
This ones short and sweet and specially for those who "WANT to be a journalist " :)
Smita Beohar
Smita Beohar rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2011
Simi Chatterjee
Simi Chatterjee rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2014
Pragya
Pragya rated it did not like it
Jul 26, 2011
Vishesh Unni
Vishesh Unni rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2011
Navya S
Navya S rated it did not like it
Nov 05, 2016
Madhuri Srinivasan
Madhuri Srinivasan rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2017
Sukriti Shahi
Sukriti Shahi rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Kalaivani
Kalaivani rated it it was ok
Oct 13, 2011
Mahima Kohli
Mahima Kohli rated it it was ok
May 23, 2011
Tejeshwar Naidu
Tejeshwar Naidu rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2015
Karthik Ragubathy
Karthik Ragubathy rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2012
Gitika Chakraborty
Gitika Chakraborty rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Mohit Chauhan
If u can avoid it,please avoid ... A poor literary piece to say the least ...
Vidushi
Vidushi rated it it was ok
Apr 27, 2012
Vidya
Vidya rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2012
Veena Jain
Veena Jain rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Laveena
Laveena rated it did not like it
Jun 23, 2013