Start by marking “Courting the Doctor's Daughter” as Want to Read:
Courting the Doctor's Daughter

Courting the Doctor's Daughter

A widow with three boys to raise, Mary Graves has no time for peddlers of phony medicine. She's a dedicated healer working alongside her doctor father. When a handsome stranger blows into town with his "elixir of health" and asks questions about her newly adopted son, Mary's determined to uncover the truth behind all his claims.
Once the reckless heir to a Boston fortune,
Published May 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Courting the Doctor's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courting the Doctor's Daughter

Kathleen L. Maher
Janet Dean has written the historical fiction book of my heart. I love a hero who must fight past his inner wounds to win the girl. In fact, in Courting the Doctor’s Daughter, Dean writes of two people, wounded by life’s harshness and the failure of those they had depended upon, who come together over the fate of a young orphan boy.

Mary Graves, the heroine, raises three sons as a widow, one of which she took in after an orphan-train placement fell through. She assists her aging father’s medical
Michelle
Jul 19, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Courting
Book 2

This is the sequel to "Courting Miss Adelaide." It was a sweet book with some conflict.

This book was sweet as well. It focuses on Mary, a widowed mother of three (the four year old is newly adopted). She works alongside her doctor father in his clinic but desperately wants him to find another doctor to assist him so he can start working "more normal hours." Her sons desperately need a father figure.

Enter Luke Jacobs. He and Mary do not hit it off since she is angered by his peddlin
Terri
Nov 18, 2009 Terri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book ! I am going to continue to read more of her books.
Mary
Jan 07, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A delightful story about a young woman with one thing in mind; to become a woman doctor. She set her goal and she wasn't about to let any man, especially some uneducated medicine man, change her mind. What she didn't realize was what she saw and what was really there were two different things. She met a man of substance, of education, still to distrust the outside. Her father was an important player in her life, but also children she was left with as a widow. She was privileged to also add to he ...more
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Mary Graves is a widower with three young boys. Her father is the local doctor and she longs to join his practice. When Dr. Luke Jacobs stops in town, he ignites her doctoring ambitions. Jacobs is selling medicine and Mary is determined to prove the medicine and the doctor are worthless. Surprisingly, Dr. Graves brings Dr. Jacobs onto his practice to help...temperately.

Janet Dean wrote a very compelling tale. Many lines I wanted to quote and share with everyone. Yet the best way to understand th
Xondra Day
Jul 12, 2015 Xondra Day rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
While this was a good read, I wasn't overly fond of Mary who came across as being cold and erratic with her behavior. She did change throughout the book, but I couldn't warm up to her.
Alyssa
Mar 09, 2010 Alyssa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a cute and easy read. I do agree it was a bit predictable, but I liked it anyways. I loved most of the characters although some were a bit annoying or odd. This was my favorite of the three Historical Romances I got for Christmas.
Judy
Jul 31, 2010 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent story

I enjoyed this book

Luke & Mary have an awesome story to be told.

This is the 2nd book in this series and both were good but I really liked this one.

Cyndy
Feb 14, 2010 Cyndy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book after registering for a free copy on GoodReads. It was an enjoyable, although predictable, read. Set in the 1800's, the author clearly researched the time period.
Ann
Feb 02, 2010 Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Learned alot about trust, forgiveness, solving challenges with communication.
A great book, lots of lessons, without being preachy and stuffy...just a great story!
Brenda
Jan 03, 2010 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute historicalish romance. Great characters who have tough lives yet find a second chance at love. Faith and honesty triumph in the end. Good clean book.
IrenesBookReviews
I enjoyed the setting and time period in the book. It fit well with the story. It was an enjoyable read.
Gina
Dec 01, 2009 Gina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Just won this through first reads! It looks like a great story!!
Michelle Howerton
Michelle Howerton rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
erna
erna marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Saba
Saba marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Val
Val marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Summer40
Summer40 rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
MistStorm
MistStorm rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Angie Cain
Angie Cain rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Amy Tyner
Amy Tyner rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2016
Melissa Todt
Melissa Todt marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Sandra
Sandra rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Dawn Hendrickson
Dawn Hendrickson marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Brittney
Brittney marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Hannah's Beau (Charity House, #2)
  • Kansas Courtship (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #3)
  • Her Captain's Heart (Gabriel Sisters, #1)
  • The Journey Home (Depression Series, #2)
  • The Preacher's Wife
  • In a Mother's Arms: Finally a Family / Home Again
  • Prairie Courtship
  • Seaside Cinderella (Nantucket Island, #1)
  • The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #4)
  • Spring Creek Bride
  • High Plains Bride (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #1)
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
Janet Dean grew up in a family who cherished the past and had a strong creative streak. Her father recounted fascinating stories, like his father before him. The tales they told instilled in Janet a love of history and the desire to write.

She married her college sweetheart and taught first grade before leaving to rear two daughters, but Janet never lost interest in American history and the accoun
More about Janet Dean...