Start by marking “Courting the Doctor's Daughter” as Want to Read:
Courting the Doctor's Daughter

Courting the Doctor's Daughter

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A widow with three boys to raise, Mary Graves has no time for peddlers of phony medicine. She's a dedicated healer working alongside her doctor father. When a handsome stranger blows into town with his "elixir of health" and asks questions about her newly adopted son, Mary's determined to uncover the truth behind all his claims.
Once the reckless heir to a Boston fortune,
Published May 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Courting the Doctor's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courting the Doctor's Daughter

Kathleen L. Maher
Janet Dean has written the historical fiction book of my heart. I love a hero who must fight past his inner wounds to win the girl. In fact, in Courting the Doctor’s Daughter, Dean writes of two people, wounded by life’s harshness and the failure of those they had depended upon, who come together over the fate of a young orphan boy.

Mary Graves, the heroine, raises three sons as a widow, one of which she took in after an orphan-train placement fell through. She assists her aging father’s medical
Terri
I really enjoyed this book ! I am going to continue to read more of her books.
Mary
A delightful story about a young woman with one thing in mind; to become a woman doctor. She set her goal and she wasn't about to let any man, especially some uneducated medicine man, change her mind. What she didn't realize was what she saw and what was really there were two different things. She met a man of substance, of education, still to distrust the outside. Her father was an important player in her life, but also children she was left with as a widow. She was privileged to also add to he ...more
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Mary Graves is a widower with three young boys. Her father is the local doctor and she longs to join his practice. When Dr. Luke Jacobs stops in town, he ignites her doctoring ambitions. Jacobs is selling medicine and Mary is determined to prove the medicine and the doctor are worthless. Surprisingly, Dr. Graves brings Dr. Jacobs onto his practice to help...temperately.

Janet Dean wrote a very compelling tale. Many lines I wanted to quote and share with everyone. Yet the best way to understand th
Alyssa
It was a cute and easy read. I do agree it was a bit predictable, but I liked it anyways. I loved most of the characters although some were a bit annoying or odd. This was my favorite of the three Historical Romances I got for Christmas.
Judy
An excellent story

I enjoyed this book

Luke & Mary have an awesome story to be told.

This is the 2nd book in this series and both were good but I really liked this one.

Cyndy
I received this book after registering for a free copy on GoodReads. It was an enjoyable, although predictable, read. Set in the 1800's, the author clearly researched the time period.
Ann
Learned alot about trust, forgiveness, solving challenges with communication.
A great book, lots of lessons, without being preachy and stuffy...just a great story!
Brenda
Cute historicalish romance. Great characters who have tough lives yet find a second chance at love. Faith and honesty triumph in the end. Good clean book.
IrenesBookReviews
I enjoyed the setting and time period in the book. It fit well with the story. It was an enjoyable read.
Gina
Dec 01, 2009 Gina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Just won this through first reads! It looks like a great story!!
Angieleigh
Angieleigh marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Linda Hockman
Linda Hockman marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Pat
Pat added it
Apr 01, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Lena
Lena added it
Apr 01, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Mar 23, 2015
Tabitha Vinson
Tabitha Vinson marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Christian
Christian marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Gail Fogwell
Gail Fogwell marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Pang Thao
Pang Thao marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Hannah's Beau (Charity House, #2)
  • Kansas Courtship (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #3)
  • Her Captain's Heart (Gabriel Sisters, #1)
  • The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #4)
  • The Preacher's Wife
  • The Journey Home (Depression Series, #2)
  • Seaside Cinderella (Nantucket Island, #1)
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
  • In a Mother's Arms: Finally a Family / Home Again
  • Spring Creek Bride
  • High Plains Bride (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #1)
Janet Dean grew up in a family who cherished the past and had a strong creative streak. Her father recounted fascinating stories, like his father before him. The tales they told instilled in Janet a love of history and the desire to write.

She married her college sweetheart and taught first grade before leaving to rear two daughters, but Janet never lost interest in American history and the accoun
More about Janet Dean...
The Substitute Bride Courting Miss Adelaide (Noblesville, Indiana, #1) Wanted: A Family An Inconvenient Match The Bride Wore Spurs