Start by marking “Claymore, Vol. 7: Fit for Battle (Claymore, #7)” as Want to Read:
Claymore, Vol. 7: Fit for Battle (Claymore, #7)

Claymore, Vol. 7: Fit for Battle (クレイモア / Claymore #7)

4.3  ·  Rating Details ·  1,540 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Fearing that she's no match for the deadly Claymore named Ophelia, Clare spirits her companion Raki away to relative safety. But no matter how far they run they won't be able to escape Ophelia's heightened senses. And now that Ophelia knows that Clare has awakened, she will not rest until she has destroyed Clare.
Published April 3rd 2007 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 4th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Claymore, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claymore, Vol. 7

Tormenta
Hasta acá llego. El principio de este manga tuvo lo suficiente como para atraparme, así que lo continué. Claymore, Vol. 04: Marked for the Death fue la parte que más me gustó, la historia comenzó a hacerse mucho más interesante y aparecieron unos personajes que me gustaron bastante.
¿Qué le pasó después? La historia para mí, decayó terriblemente. Es como una repetición.
Las mismas luchas de siempre. Las mismas escenas. No aparece nada interesante, todo lo mismo.
Es una lástima, porque me quedé c
Anna
Mar 30, 2016 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, march-2016
Sometimes I need to stop thinking and just enjoy. I apparently made a note on the last volume that I liked the older top ranked Claymores. And one of them makes an appearance! YAY?

And Priscilla is mentioned. YAY!
Mandy Sickle
Claymore is a manga about Yoma who pretend to be human in order to kill and eat the humans. The Claymore are the hybrid of the two stronger faster but still human with the ability to slay the Yoma which they do for a price. They travel from village to village slaying Yoma with nothing but the sword on their back using the Yoma abilities but slowly turning into a monster that they hunt. When the time comes a Claymore will send a black card to another claymore to be slain before the Yoma takes ove ...more
Karissa
May 19, 2014 Karissa rated it it was amazing
This is the seventh book in the Claymore series. I continue to really really enjoy this action packed dark fantasy manga series. Previous to reading the series I watched the anime, I really enjoyed that as well. So far the manga series is following anime series pretty well (I know the manga came first)...at least as far as I can remember..it’s been awhile since I’ve watched the anime.

This book picks up right where the last one left off. Clare and Raki have fled both the Awakened Being and Ophel
machinaheart
Four to five stars for Claymore in general because ... SO MUCH! I guess individual volumes range from three to five, but at the moment I can't properly rate them individually because I ploughed through the manga re-reading a lot and just inhaling the newer volumes. I couldn't stop.
Super intriguing dystopia, mysteries over mysteries without getting less interesting, extremely creative body horror (ranging from beautifully other to horribly disgusting), carving your own path (sometimes, most often
Carolyn
Nov 03, 2016 Carolyn rated it really liked it
Holy. There's some stuff in this. So good.
The_Mad_Swede
Nov 27, 2016 The_Mad_Swede rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, fantasy, manga, 2016
This volume concludes The Endless Gravestones arc which began in the previous one and also includes the first three parts of Fit for Battle.

The first arc concludes the story of Clare and Raki's dire encounter with the Claymore named Ophelia, while the second offers a direct continuation of the events in the first one.

All in all, it is another worthy volume of Norihiro Yagi's manga about monstrous, human-devouring Yoma and the hybrid half-Yoma, half-human women warriors called Claymores, with an
Ana Mardoll
Nov 30, 2012 Ana Mardoll rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ana-reviewed
Claymore, Vol. 7 / 9781421547626

I've watched the Claymore anime before following the manga, and I absolutely love both. I love the crisp, clean, black-and-white artwork, and I'm finding that the "action" panels are getting easier to follow as I progress into the series -- I think that the artists behind this series are truly talented and skilled at conveying a complex story and wonderfully emotive characters.

Volume 7 provides the following scenes:

Scene 34: The Endless Gravestones, Part 4
Scene 3
Mike
Nov 11, 2013 Mike rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Not only does volume 7 build off of the previous volumes, but it opens with the direct continuation of a story arc started in volume 6. This is not the place to start reading.

As much as I enjoyed the opening volumes (even more so on this second reading) this is where Claymore really starts to dig in, twist expectations a bit and lay the groundwork for what's to come. The 6-7 chapter arc format has really developed well and provides great pacing and structure to the stories. The action is often g
MissAnnThrope
Feb 21, 2013 MissAnnThrope rated it really liked it
21 February 2013

Just when I think Claymore might start feeling redundant, it totally throws me for an unexpected loop and sinks its claws back into me. Claymore: Fit for Battle, Vol. 7 is another action-packed volume that is mixed with touching, but gut-wrenching moments. I love the balance between the bloody violence and painfully bittersweet moments.

This volume was a lot of fun with psychotic Ophelia going off the deep end and the surprise appearance of a ghost from the past. (view spoiler)
Sara
Apr 20, 2013 Sara rated it really liked it
This series keeps getting better an better!

Clare and Raki separate to confuse Ophelia. However, Ophelia catches up to Clare and chops her to bits practically! She looses all her limbs and isn't able to reattach them all in time. So, by the end of the battle, she has lost an arm. Another Claymore, Ilena, arrives and saves Clare. As Clare is healing and being trained, Ophelia turns into an Awakened One without her knowledge. Ilena gives Clare her arm and as Clare leaves, Ilena is executed for aban
Kogiopsis
This manga is absolutely absurd. It's exaggerated, overblown, melodramatic. The violence in a single chapter would give some people nightmares, let alone an entire volume.

And yet... it asks good questions. I enjoy it for the philosophical aspect - the way characters struggle with trying to be human, the way their ideology and conditioning too-often conflict with the right thing to do, the way so many of them balance precariously between good in its loosest definition and pure, unmitigated evil.
Sianeka
Mar 26, 2008 Sianeka rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Evil Claymore Ophelia continues pursuing Clare and chopping off her limbs, becoming ever more dangerous as she inadvertently becomes an Awakened Being and doesn't realize it.

Clare gets unexpected help from retired Claymore Ilena, who Clare last met at Teresa's tragic demise.

This series is very involving, plot development is intriguing and the characters are gripping. Norihiro Yagi has done a great job in creating a world and people that you can care about. The storyline has yet to get old for me
Rachel
May 25, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, own
I've managed to get volumes 1-7 for 3.00 a piece, which is an awesome price for manga, and I would have paid a lot more for this amazing series. The action in this series is so stunning, and I'm never bored when I read it, and always sad when it ends. Just a quick warning, this series is not for kids at all, in this volume arms were cut off multiple times, lol.

I most certainly plan on reading the rest of this series, which is 24 volumes long, because the art is utterly brilliant and the story li
Nick
May 27, 2013 Nick rated it really liked it
A bit of a breather in the series- after non-stop pacing and fights- Claire has a moment to develop her abilities as a warrior. Excellent twists and turns leading to another big encounter- and the constant stream of awesome Yuma monsters maintains the fun behind this series (or at least probably why most people read it). Basically, so far Claymore is like a darker Bleach starring monsters and without any slapstick. Thumbs up if that's your thing.
Dylan Murphy
Feb 04, 2015 Dylan Murphy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
A lot of Manga series start to get a little stale or slow down after a good number of volumes, but Claymore just gets more and more action packed and the plot gets more and more complex with each volume, really making sure you aren't getting bored.
Reappearances of an old character and probably the coolest awakened being as well as Clare getting some new moves all made this a damn fun volume to read!
Circe
May 14, 2015 Circe rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mangas, 2014, reviewed
Increíble, no me esperaba nada de eso, solamente... increíble. Este manga mejora con cada volumen.

«Soy Clare, número 47. Llevo conmigo la carne de Teresa, y el brazo derecho de Ilena. Yo voy a ser la única que cortara la cabeza del monstruo de un solo cuerno, Priscilla. Perdóname, pero tengo que coger la tuya también.»

Sin palabra alguna.
Joy
Feb 07, 2010 Joy rated it liked it
Wickedshizuku
Mar 03, 2016 Wickedshizuku rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of the anime, Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Anime-planet.com
This volume starts off with Chapter 34: The Endless Gravestones, part 4.
Clare is fleeing from the dangerous Claymore Rippling Ophelia knowing that she will be killed if she doesn't escape. One of the most cruel and gory mangas out there. Don't miss out on the loss of limbs.
Cheers and Happy Reading!
Alx_zero
May 02, 2013 Alx_zero rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cómic-manga
Ya empezamos con las amputaciones. Esta afición por prescindir de partes del cuerpo tiene que tener un trasfondo muy psicoanalítico. Por lo demás, la historia continúa avanzando y Claire va ganando fuerza y experiencia (aunque no de la manera habitual...). Me gusta que en ningún momento la historia haya pisado el freno.
Kereesa
I really see why they made this series into an anime (besides the obvious popularity). The action scenes are simply phenomenal, and are like 60% why I read this series. The other 40% is broken up like so:

10% Rafi's emotional breakdown
30%Ophelia
10% Clare/main plot
20% Helen

4/5
Roxana-Mălina Chirilă
Jul 03, 2016 Roxana-Mălina Chirilă rated it really liked it
More and more intriguing and fun. I like how the story keeps growing in scope, how Clare evolves, how we see awakened Claymores not just as horrid monsters, but, in a sense, as people. (although how much some of them were people to begin with is debatable).
Amait
Dec 15, 2010 Amait rated it it was amazing
regardless of some X-rated material this story is outstanding to its core messages ! after Manga vol 10 watch animation
Joyzi
Nov 25, 2011 Joyzi rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: manga fans
Recommended to Joyzi by: mangaepub
I remember back then Ophelia gave me the creeps. She's really scary and crazy. This is the part of the manga wherein Clare fights Ophelia. Claymore's so bad-ass.
Steph
Dec 17, 2008 Steph rated it liked it
Recommends it for: manga fans
Recommended to Steph by: read the others in the series
Shelves: manga
AS the story moves along, the manga gets better. The art is not my favorite, but it's unique and different.
Lauren
Feb 21, 2015 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
What a dramatic series! Claire is such a strong female character and I loved to see how much she grew throughout the series. Her story was so tragic and heartbreaking along with everyone else's.
Burak
Aug 11, 2013 Burak rated it it was amazing
Detaylı yoruma buradan ulaşabilirsiniz :)

Dorin
Jul 04, 2016 Dorin rated it really liked it
After the high point with the four already awakened Claymores, the series goes back into the normal pacing, which is quite a natural thing to happen. Still going strong, though.
Ash
Jul 26, 2011 Ash rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-manga
This Series is just amazing the art of the awakened was Amazing and realy really creative. Claymore is officialy now my addiction.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
That cover. The covers for these are pretty good. And the art style of course. Anyway, the pacing for the series so far I'm really liking. Good volume. Onto the next volume.
  • Berserk, Vol. 28
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund Vol. 12
Norihiro Yagi (八木 教広 Yagi Norihiro) is a Japanese manga writer and artist from Okinawa Prefecture. He started making manga in 1990.

Norihiro Yagi is a successful manga artist, having won the 32nd Akatsuka Award for his very first work, Undeadman. Undeadman appeared in Monthly Shōnen Jump and has had two sequels. Yagi's first serialized manga was his comedy-genre Angel Densetsu, which appeared in Mo
More about Norihiro Yagi...

クレイモア / Claymore (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Claymore, Vol. 1: Silver-eyed Slayer (Claymore, #1)
  • Claymore, Vol. 2: Darkness in Paradise (Claymore, #2)
  • Claymore, Vol. 3: Teresa of the Faint Smile (Claymore, #3)
  • Claymore, Vol. 4: Marked for the Death (Claymore, #4)
  • Claymore, Vol. 5: The Slashers (Claymore, #5)
  • Claymore, Vol. 6: The Endless Gravestones (Claymore, #6)
  • Claymore, Vol. 8: The Witch's Maw (Claymore, #8)
  • Claymore, Vol. 9: The Deep Abyss of Purgatory (Claymore, #9)
  • Claymore, Vol. 10: The Battle of the North (Claymore, #10)
  • Claymore, Vol. 11: Kindred of Paradise (Claymore, #11)

“办理美国毕业证书Q\微信744043126亚利桑那州立大学毕业证书、ASU毕业证书成绩单、文凭学历学位认证Arizona State University