Start by marking “Claymore, Vol. 07: Fit for Battle (Claymore, #7)” as Want to Read:
Claymore, Vol. 07: Fit for Battle (Claymore, #7)

Claymore, Vol. 07: Fit for Battle (Claymore #7)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  1,054 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Fearing that she's no match for the deadly Claymore named Ophelia, Clare spirits her companion Raki away to relative safety. But no matter how far they run they won't be able to escape Ophelia's heightened senses. And now that Ophelia knows that Clare has awakened, she will not rest until she has destroyed Clare.
Published April 3rd 2007 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 4th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Claymore, Vol. 07, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claymore, Vol. 07

Pandora Hearts, Vol. 07 by Jun MochizukiDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaChobits, Vol. 05 by CLAMPBlack Butler, Vol. 06 by Yana TobosoA Bride's Story 01 by Kaoru Mori
Best Manga Covers
93rd out of 415 books — 92 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingSomething Wicked This Way Comes by Ray BradburyDracula by Bram StokerJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëThe Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Best Books To Read In Autumn
187th out of 309 books — 139 voters

More lists with this book...

Karissa
This is the seventh book in the Claymore series. I continue to really really enjoy this action packed dark fantasy manga series. Previous to reading the series I watched the anime, I really enjoyed that as well. So far the manga series is following anime series pretty well (I know the manga came first)...at least as far as I can remember..it’s been awhile since I’ve watched the anime.

This book picks up right where the last one left off. Clare and Raki have fled both the Awakened Being and Ophel
machinaheart
Four to five stars for Claymore in general because ... SO MUCH! I guess individual volumes range from three to five, but at the moment I can't properly rate them individually because I ploughed through the manga re-reading a lot and just inhaling the newer volumes. I couldn't stop.
Super intriguing dystopia, mysteries over mysteries without getting less interesting, extremely creative body horror (ranging from beautifully other to horribly disgusting), carving your own path (sometimes, most often
Rachel
I've managed to get volumes 1-7 for 3.00 a piece, which is an awesome price for manga, and I would have paid a lot more for this amazing series. The action in this series is so stunning, and I'm never bored when I read it, and always sad when it ends. Just a quick warning, this series is not for kids at all, in this volume arms were cut off multiple times, lol.

I most certainly plan on reading the rest of this series, which is 24 volumes long, because the art is utterly brilliant and the story li
MissAnnThrope
21 February 2013

Just when I think Claymore might start feeling redundant, it totally throws me for an unexpected loop and sinks its claws back into me. Claymore: Fit for Battle, Vol. 7 is another action-packed volume that is mixed with touching, but gut-wrenching moments. I love the balance between the bloody violence and painfully bittersweet moments.

This volume was a lot of fun with psychotic Ophelia going off the deep end and the surprise appearance of a ghost from the past. (view spoiler)
Mike
Nov 11, 2013 Mike rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Not only does volume 7 build off of the previous volumes, but it opens with the direct continuation of a story arc started in volume 6. This is not the place to start reading.

As much as I enjoyed the opening volumes (even more so on this second reading) this is where Claymore really starts to dig in, twist expectations a bit and lay the groundwork for what's to come. The 6-7 chapter arc format has really developed well and provides great pacing and structure to the stories. The action is often g
Ana Mardoll
Claymore, Vol. 7 / 9781421547626

I've watched the Claymore anime before following the manga, and I absolutely love both. I love the crisp, clean, black-and-white artwork, and I'm finding that the "action" panels are getting easier to follow as I progress into the series -- I think that the artists behind this series are truly talented and skilled at conveying a complex story and wonderfully emotive characters.

Volume 7 provides the following scenes:

Scene 34: The Endless Gravestones, Part 4
Scene 3
Yvette
Increíble, no me esperaba nada de eso, solamente... increíble. Este manga mejora con cada volumen.

«Soy Clare, número 47. Llevo conmigo la carne de Teresa, y el brazo derecho de Ilena. Yo voy a ser la única que cortara la cabeza del monstruo de un solo cuerno, Priscilla. Perdóname, pero tengo que coger la tuya también.»

Sin palabra alguna.
Anila
This manga is absolutely absurd. It's exaggerated, overblown, melodramatic. The violence in a single chapter would give some people nightmares, let alone an entire volume.

And yet... it asks good questions. I enjoy it for the philosophical aspect - the way characters struggle with trying to be human, the way their ideology and conditioning too-often conflict with the right thing to do, the way so many of them balance precariously between good in its loosest definition and pure, unmitigated evil.
Sara
This series keeps getting better an better!

Clare and Raki separate to confuse Ophelia. However, Ophelia catches up to Clare and chops her to bits practically! She looses all her limbs and isn't able to reattach them all in time. So, by the end of the battle, she has lost an arm. Another Claymore, Ilena, arrives and saves Clare. As Clare is healing and being trained, Ophelia turns into an Awakened One without her knowledge. Ilena gives Clare her arm and as Clare leaves, Ilena is executed for aban
Sianeka
Evil Claymore Ophelia continues pursuing Clare and chopping off her limbs, becoming ever more dangerous as she inadvertently becomes an Awakened Being and doesn't realize it.

Clare gets unexpected help from retired Claymore Ilena, who Clare last met at Teresa's tragic demise.

This series is very involving, plot development is intriguing and the characters are gripping. Norihiro Yagi has done a great job in creating a world and people that you can care about. The storyline has yet to get old for me
Logan
Nov 12, 2014 Logan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Ohmahgawd.
Nick
A bit of a breather in the series- after non-stop pacing and fights- Claire has a moment to develop her abilities as a warrior. Excellent twists and turns leading to another big encounter- and the constant stream of awesome Yuma monsters maintains the fun behind this series (or at least probably why most people read it). Basically, so far Claymore is like a darker Bleach starring monsters and without any slapstick. Thumbs up if that's your thing.
Alx_zero
Ya empezamos con las amputaciones. Esta afición por prescindir de partes del cuerpo tiene que tener un trasfondo muy psicoanalítico. Por lo demás, la historia continúa avanzando y Claire va ganando fuerza y experiencia (aunque no de la manera habitual...). Me gusta que en ningún momento la historia haya pisado el freno.
Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup)
Sep 18, 2012 Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the anime, Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Anime-planet.com
Shelves: manga, reviewed
This volume starts off with Chapter 34: The Endless Gravestones, part 4.
Clare is fleeing from the dangerous Claymore Rippling Ophelia knowing that she will be killed if she doesn't escape. One of the most cruel and gory mangas out there. Don't miss out on the loss of limbs.
Cheers and Happy Reading!
Joy
Kereesa
I really see why they made this series into an anime (besides the obvious popularity). The action scenes are simply phenomenal, and are like 60% why I read this series. The other 40% is broken up like so:

10% Rafi's emotional breakdown

Joyzi
Nov 25, 2011 Joyzi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: manga fans
Recommended to Joyzi by: mangaepub
I remember back then Ophelia gave me the creeps. She's really scary and crazy. This is the part of the manga wherein Clare fights Ophelia. Claymore's so bad-ass.
Ash
This Series is just amazing the art of the awakened was Amazing and realy really creative. Claymore is officialy now my addiction.
Amait
regardless of some X-rated material this story is outstanding to its core messages ! after Manga vol 10 watch animation
Steph
Dec 17, 2008 Steph rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: manga fans
Recommended to Steph by: read the others in the series
Shelves: manga
AS the story moves along, the manga gets better. The art is not my favorite, but it's unique and different.
Maddie
Oh man! Claire is a beast! Nothing can stop her!
Indra
Feb 03, 2011 Indra rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
It's getting better and better!
Raven
hmmm will have to read more later.
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
  • Berserk, Vol. 14
Norihiro Yagi (八木 教広 Yagi Norihiro) is a Japanese manga writer and artist from Okinawa Prefecture. He started making manga in 1990.

Norihiro Yagi is a successful manga artist, having won the 32nd Akatsuka Award for his very first work, Undeadman. Undeadman appeared in Monthly Shōnen Jump and has had two sequels. Yagi's first serialized manga was his comedy-genre Angel Densetsu, which appeared in Mo
More about Norihiro Yagi...
Claymore, Vol. 01: Silver-eyed Slayer (Claymore, #1) Claymore, Vol. 03: Teresa of the Faint Smile (Claymore, #3) Claymore, Vol. 08: The Witch´s Maw (Claymore, #8) Claymore, Vol. 02: Darkness in Paradise (Claymore, #2) Claymore, Vol. 05: The Slashers (Claymore, #5)