Start by marking “Tribulations (Chrysalis #2)” as Want to Read:
Tribulations (Chrysalis #2)

Tribulations (Chrysalis #2)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  20 reviews
As the exciting Chrysalis saga continues, Bree's eyes are opening to unimagined possibilities. Reunited with her soul mate, Steven, and her protectors Bradley, Bill and Rick, she journey's through a world she is only now beginning to comprehend. Challenges abound as she contends with the jealousies of her new status from Madelyn and the two newest members of her clan. As t ...more
Published January 5th 2010 by AuthorHouse

To ask other readers questions about Tribulations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tribulations

D. Alexx Miller
Apr 19, 2010 D. Alexx Miller rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to D. Alexx by: M. L. Lacy
Chrysalis: Tribulations
By M. L. LACY

Synopsis

As tensions escalate, the dynamics within her new family are enough to rock her wo
Ruby Johnson
Review of Chrysalis: Tribulations ( Book 2: Chrysalis series)
The fae opponents are once again menacing half mortal, half magical Bree in M.L. Lacy’s latest mesmerizing adventure into an alternate world. This is the second book in the series and is certainly as impressive as the first. By adding layers of complexity to her characters and their world, Lacy has taken her gutzy heroine, Bree, through enormous challenges that show her evolution into a very different magical world .
As the newly declar
Jules
I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book after reading the first one. I was hooked big time! In this well-named second book, we rejoin Bree and her clan as they have to overcome several obstacles aka. tribulations.. that keep blocking their way. Some of these challenges come from within the clan while many are just there because Bree is still adapting to the fact that she is "The Chosen One" in a magical world that she never knew existed.

The love story between Bree and her soul mate, Steven
Stephen
Lana Bradstream
The Chrysalis series continues with the second book TRIBULATIONS and the third book TREPIDATION by M.L. Lacy.

Let me kind of go off the path here to drive a point home. I am a Star Wars fan. However, "A New Hope" is my least favorite. Even though it's the ultimate classic Star Wars movie, it bores me. I am a much bigger fan of "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" (the last is my favorite). The same can be said of the CHRYSALIS series. The first book -- not so great. The second and
I won this book through the giveaways on this website.
The story was about a particular clan of vampires welcoming their 'chosen one' into their clan and protecting her as the head of the council seeks to have her murdered.
The main characters were Bree, Steven and Esmerelda. The characters were credible and the story flowed smoothly throughout the book witht the characters relating to today's world as we know it and the fantasy land of vampires.
Bree was the chosen one trying to fit into her new c
Carrie
Better than the first book and still riveting. I like the strength of the main character, Bree, in a feminist sense. She knows what is right and goes with it.

I hope to get to know some of the men in the clan a bit better since some of them seem to blend together at times. They all seem drawn to the main character and tend to be too much alike in that way--wanting to protect her, just wanting her. What motivates them? What do they do beyond protect her and show up in her home when she needs them
Penny Minding Mom
Tribulations is the second book in the Chrysalis series by M L Lacy. The books continues weaving the intricate tale of Bree’s journey into the magical world.

Bree has accepted her role as The Chosen One and has risen to the challenge with great courage. With the support of her soul-mate Steven and the rest of her court, Bree continues on her journey to claim her status in the magical realm, against Esmeralda’s wishes.

As the story unfolds, we come to learn more about the strength of character in B
Kim Hansen
Earlier this month I had the opportunity to read Book 1 of the Chrysalis series by author M.L.Lacy – and I really liked it! Having now read Book 2: Chrysalis Tribulations, I’m finding this series to be one of the best I’ve read lately; so enjoyable!

First and foremost, I would not recommend reading this book if you haven’t read the first one. There is a ton of back-story on these characters and it would be hard to catch up.

When this book begins, Bree has become the Alpha Female of the clan of vam
Glenda Bixler
By M. L. Lacy
AuthorHouse
ISBN: 9781449014803
448 Pages

I just finished reading my notes and review of Book 1 Chrysalis: The Awakening by M. L. Lacy and must quickly say that Book 2, Chrysalis: Tributions has not only surpassed but has moved the series into must-read status for fantasy lovers. Not only has the scope of the story expanded into an exciting novel but the writer has found her pace and style in her second book. Her words flow and pull readers in quickly and completely! Plus her blazing b
Isis
Fran
Chrysalis: Tribulations
By M. L. Lacy
From the author of Chrysalis the Awakening comes the second in her series, Tribulations. In her first book we meet Bree, a young girl who, in order to save her clan, her family, she must enter into another dimension or world. Bree is part human and soon will crossover into the Magical Realm.
She is the last Chosen One, the one who is to become the most powerful person in the Magical realm. We soon learn in book two the obstacles she faced before are nothing co
Katie
Jun 19, 2010 Katie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
The author sent me this book, and I have to say, it was just as good as the first one! I could barely put it down, and time just flew while I was reading it. (For instance, I couldn't sleep last night so after a while I picked up the book, and the next thing i knew it was morning!). The plot for this one was also good, with lots of action, and so many different things were going on that it really kept my interest. This book isn't called Tribulations for nothing, I'm surprised how much conflict w ...more
Hanna
Chrysalis The Awakening really is a fantasy story. It has everything from romance to vampires, but has a much more adult feel than other books, like twilight. Because although it is written in a common genre it is a book all of its own. The plot and story line are definitely unique to this book series. M.L. Lacy is a fantastic author, and maes the book flows so well that I read it cover to cover in two days and had the right amount of suspense and mystery to keep me interested in reading. The ch ...more
Alicia
Lisa S
This is the second book in the Chrysalis Series. I was a little confused at first because i didn't get to read the first one, but it held my attention anyway.

I loved the way Bree's four men protected her and loved her. It was a little long for me, and there was times I wanted it to just be over, but the end was well worth it.
Nicole
I LOVED this book, I am in awe of Lacy's writing it is simply amazing. I got this book from the author and I apologize to her for not getting the review up sooner. Bree and Steven are perfect together and I love all the drama that goes down between everything. The story is original and I love it so much.
Sherry
This is the second in the Chrysalis series and is as well written as the first one. Bree's adventures continue as she tries to adjust to the culture of the vampire clan. Esie continues to try to kill Bree and Madalyn, Brad's mate tries to make life miserable for Bree.
Gabe
i just got this book in the mail and i am hoping it is realy good. theres only one way to find out!! time to get started. i cant wait im so excited!!
Kelsey
May 19, 2014 Kelsey rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
so good so good so goood.... i need the third book asap!
Priscilla
Priscilla is currently reading it
Dec 11, 2014
Julie Huff
Julie Huff marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Ioulia
Ioulia marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Ashley Moran
Ashley Moran marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
  • Within the Shadows of Mortals (Ashen Twilight #2)
  • Predestined (Fairy Faith, #1)
  • Eclipsed By Shadow (The Legend of the Great Horse, #1)
  • Treasure Me (The Legend Hunters, #3)
  • Pleasures Untold (Hanaford Park, #2)
  • The Office of Shadow
  • Shadowplay (Texas Fae #2)
  • 101 Ways to Meditate: Discover Your True Self
  • Blood Prophecy
  • Aching for Always
  • Tree of Life (Tree of Life, #1)
  • Clinton St. Baking Company Cookbook: Breakfast, Brunch & Beyond from New York's Favorite Neighborhood Restaurant
  • The Daykeeper's Grimoire (Prophecy of Days, #1)
  • Courts of the Fey
  • Songbird
  • Stronger than Sin (Sins Hunters, #2)
  • Captured by Desire
  • The Hunted of 2060 (Shifter Evolutions #5)
Madonna Lacy is the author of Chrysalis – The Awakening. Her intense love for the Rocky Mountains, and the American West, are often reflected in her story lines for her Chrysalis series.

A vivid imagination of places and people allows her to create fictional worlds that push established storytelling boundaries. M.L. Lacy is married living in far north Forth Worth, Texas, is the mother of two sons,
More about M.L. Lacy...
The Awakening (Chrysalis #1) Trepidation (Chrysalis #3) Fire & Rain (Chrysalis #4) The Gathering (Chrysalis #5)