Start by marking “Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6)” as Want to Read:
Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6)

Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California #6)

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  470 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Everyone did Jefferson King's bidding. Except the folks in a certain Irish village he'd bought for his latest production. And when the movie mogul arrived in town, he discovered why everyone had turned against him. He'd gotten one of their own pregnant.True, it looked as though he'd been avoiding Maura Donohue's phone calls; he was a busy billionaire. It didn't have anythi ...more
ebook, Silhouette Desire, #1978, 192 pages
Published November 1st 2009 by Silhouette Desire (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Wedding at King's Convenience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedding at King's Convenience

Andrea Guy
Maureen Child's Wedding At King's Convenience has to be one of the best Silhouette Desires that I've read in a long time.

Maureen wrote all of the characters well, not only just Maura Donohue and Jefferson King, but all their siblings and the townspeople of Craic, Ireland.

This was a book that was hard to stop reading, and that's saying quite a bit as it was the first full length eBook that I've read. So it really kept me staring at the computer screen. I wanted to know what happened next, but mos
There were some interesting moments, especially that when Jefferson came back to Ireland while the movie shoot was in a huge turmoil and the whole village rejected him.
However there were also plenty of other moments that I did not like that much. The first part of the book when Maura held on the negotiation to keep Jefferson under hand because she was attracted to him did not feel like foreplay and attraction to me, more like stubbornness and greediness combined.
I could not understand, nor accep
Blodeuedd Finland
I think when I was 10 and liked harlequins I would have been all awww. But now, well it was good, but come on!

Maura lives in Ireland. Jefferson is a big shot from Hollywood and he is trying to get her to let them film on their farm. We actually meet them when they have know each other for almost a week. They do it, and goes their separate ways. And Maura was all in love and he was all I can't love. You only knew each other for a week, come on!

And of course she is preggers. It is so weird how fas
After finishing JoAnn Ross' Castlelough trilogy I was in the mood for another Ireland-set contemporary. Unfortunately this didn't work as well as Ross' series did.

I didn't care for the arrogant way the hero acted, nor the way he expected the heroine to fall in line with his plans. I expected some romance, and instead got a demanding hero, prickly-yet-somewhat-pathetic heroine and an unbelievable HEA. Why she was "in love" with him is beyond me, and his reasons for holding himself back from love
Kiran Kumili
The author is a native American writer who loves writing happy ended love stories.

Storyline: Maura Donahue, owner of a large picturesque farmland in Ireland, one day is encountered by the owner of a large film studio from New York, Jefferson King, in order to hire her farm to shoot his forthcoming film. Though initially Maura declines the huge commercial offer from Jefferson, she later budges to the same, when she finds that she is in love with the handsome and powerful King. She signs a contrac

I love the story. It was really emotional seeing how Maura love him so much and Jefferson not seeing that he is in love with her too. I kept on reading , wanting to know what happens next. Just love the ending part too . All in all it was a good read .I felt touched when Jefferson realises his love for Maura and all this heart emotional meeting again. (sigh):)
Silke Juppenlatz
I liked it, but I didn't love it.
In fact, Maura annoyed me. A lot.
I'm not sure why, and though I agreed with her on a lot of stuff, she still managed to annoy me.
Jefferson did too.
It's a good read, but not something I'd pick up again.
And for what it's worth... I *hate* the title.
If you like secret baby stories, you'll probably like it.
Kaycee Sapinoso
It was an okay read. Both storyline and characters kept me interested enough to finish this.

Jefferson King was used so used to getting what he wants and he would do everything to convince Maura to marry him. I liked the fact that he was man enough to accept the responsibility I just don't like the way he asked her to marry him expecting that Maura will just comply to his wishes. Another thing I don't like was the way he kept using his dead wife just to justify what he did to Maura.

As for Maura
This is a pefect exemple of how good a Category romance can be. Maura the high spirited irish heroine is amazing. I want to be her !!lol
Originally read in June 2011 and rated with 2 stars. Re-read this in August 2013 and still thought it was just ok!
Brilliant .. Glad he figured himself out in the End ;)
I acquired this book through Mills & Boons as part of their free book giveaway.

This book may be part of a series, but can certainly be read independently of the others. It follows Jefferson and Maura. He wants to use her land as a backdrop to shoot his movie. She wants to watch him sweat it out while she makes up her mind about it. It’s a lot of money, but she’s stubborn and doesn’t give in to the first handsome face that comes around.

She finally concedes and it’s bound to come to the point

Jefferson King, a high flying American, really wanted to hire the use of Maura’s land in Ireland for his latest production and was surprised when she said no to his people. He decided to head out and persuade her him self and after much negotiating the deal was sealed and the couple celebrated …. Together!! Jefferson went back home totally oblivious to the fact that their night of passion had resulted in a pregnancy, and true to form he had been avoiding Maura’s attempts to contact him. The firs
I mean.. Jefferson King is educated, wealthy, a man of the world.. and he doesn't think about using .....

Idiot. (And so was she.)

The insta-lurve was off-putting, the characters were unbearably clichéd and twee. More Irish than the Irish themselves in places.

(I have one serious question though. If an American writer is writing an Irish person, should that person 'think' and speak in UK English?
It threw me a bit to read Maura thinking about 'tires' (tyres) )
Maura a head strong character.... I like her.... i like the passion that is portrayed... compelling read... i've read it thrice in 1 year...
Chantal Halpin
I liked the heroine, Maura, she didn't take any crap. Jefferson King, the male main character was a tool though.

I liked the Irish setting. Both of my parents are Irish and I tend to look for mistakes, such as a peat fire doesn't give off much light so you wouldn't be able to see much from it and all the O'Shay's I know spell their names 'O'Shea' and Ireland really isn't some king of fairytale/third world country as it is so often painted. But otherwise the pickings were fairly slim.

The cover an
Cant put down till end ... Nice book
I would have given this five stars except for one error in the book that jerked me out of the story. Other than that it was well written with great characterisation and a lovely warm feeling. However the medical error which had a 3 month pregnant woman working with lambs and sheep meant it lost a star.
This was a quick read - only 186 pages - but pretty good for a Desire romance. Set in Ireland. I thought the hero was kind of arrogant in his treatment of the heroine, with the usual "i will never love again" tripe, but it turned out to be a good story overall.
Nice sweet read.. it's not a modern novel just updated to fit in but a classic tell.
This book intends to speak much on romance wherein it really disappointed me . Had a bad experience after reading this book. The story gettin' unneccessarily dragged in the middle. Not a good experience of reading this book.
this was terrible... The way Maura (and I hate the name) was written, I thought she was an old lady for most of the book. I mentally had to drag myself back into, no she's like twenty something young.
Two-haiku review:

Movie firm owner
Wants to use her farm for film
She really wants him

Plenty of heat here
Strong, hard-working heroine
Who won't take his crap
I have to be honest and say I found the book and the characters downright pathetic. It was a waste of a time reading for me. Not my cup of tea at all.
Sara Winters
A sexy and sweet read. There were times I wondered why Maura didn't hit Jefferson over the head with the nearest handy object.
Neha Gupta
the story is gud,,specially i like maura part alot..her speeches was like a tit for tat against jefferson king,,,
This was a free ebook from Sony. Enjoyed the characters and the location (small coastal town in Ireland).
Jefferson King final meets his match..and love match in this novel! It was a very good book..will read again
Not bad, much better than I'm used to! I liked Maura a lot! I'd give it a 2.75* :-)
  • Exposed: Misbehaving with the Magnate (Hot Bed of Scandal #1)
  • Wicked Rake, Defiant Mistress
  • Bought: Destitute Yet Defiant
  • Dante's Marriage Pact (The Dante Legacy #7)
  • Colorado Abduction (Christmas at the Carlisles, #1)
  • The Tycoon Takes a Wife (The Landis Brothers, #4)
  • Their Newborn Gift (Outback Baby Tales, #3)
  • Inheriting His Secret Christmas Baby (Dynasties: The Jarrods #6)
  • Falling for His Proper Mistress (Dynasties: The Jarrods #2)
  • Exposed: Her Undercover Millionaire (The Takeover #5)
  • A Man of His Word (Lawyers in Love, #1)
  • Revealed: His Secret Child (The Takeover #3)
  • A Win-Win Proposition
  • Executive's Pregnancy Ultimatum (Kings of the Boardroom #2)
  • Bachelor's Bought Bride (Kings of the Boardroom #5)
  • The Millionaire Meets His Match (Duke Brothers #1)
USA Today best selling author Maureen Child is the author of more than ninety romance novels and novellas. Maureen is a five time nominee for the prestigious Rita award from Romance Writers of America.
One of her novels, A Pocketful Of Paradise, was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector, starring Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Greenwood and Ossie Davis.
Over the years, she’s written under lot
More about Maureen Child...

Kings of California (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Bargaining for King's Baby (Kings of California, #1)
  • Marrying for King's Millions (Kings of California, #2)
  • Falling for King's Fortune (Kings of California, #3)
  • Conquering King's Heart (Kings of California, #4)
  • Claiming King's Baby (Kings of California, #5)
  • Cinderella & the CEO (Kings of California, #7)
  • King's Million-Dollar Secret (Kings of California, #8)
  • Ready for King's Seduction (Kings of California, #9)
  • The Temporary Mrs. King (Kings of California, #10)
  • To Kiss a King (Kings of California, #11)