Start by marking “Calvin and Hobbes: Weirdos from Another Planet!” as Want to Read:
Calvin and Hobbes: Weirdos from Another Planet!

Calvin and Hobbes: Weirdos from Another Planet! (Calvin and Hobbes #4)

4.7 of 5 stars 4.70  ·  rating details  ·  8,899 ratings  ·  138 reviews
  "Flashes of innovative genius abound. Exploring the world of Calvin and Hobbes is great therapy. The antics of the precocious boy and his suave stuffed tiger pal can pull anyone out of the doldrums." —Amarillo News Globe

  In Calvin and Hobbes book Weirdos From Another Planet!, this power-packed extravagan
Published January 1st 1990 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Calvin and Hobbes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calvin and Hobbes

Prashant
Oh! Book Lord, please give me more more more of this!!!

Nanche
"That's one of the remarkable things about life. It's never so bad that it can't get worse." Calvin
Sana
Mar 25, 2009 Sana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who needs a good laugh!
Some of my favorite ones:

Calvin: SUSIE, QUICK! GET HELP!
Somebody filled my sandbox with quicksand! I'm sinking fast! ACK! RRGHH!
Susie: Oh, right. Give me a break.
Calvin: Your gender would be a lot more tolerable if it wasn't so darn cynical!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Calvin: Boy, what a beautiful summer morning, huh, Dad? Too bad you can't stay home to enjoy it.
When you're old, you'll be sorry you never took advantage of days like these, but of course,
Sam Ang
The full article of the review is available in this link:

Ever read the comic in pullout section of the newspaper? If you did, then Calvin and Hobbes will not be total strangers to you. The humorous comic which ran in boxes of four or sometimes luxuriously filling up half of the page had been featured in most comic sections for as far as I can read, and had been the company of most readers of newspaper. There are a few compilations of Calvin and Hobbes comi
PurplyCookie
Calvin is one kid that no one would ever want to try to raise, and Hobbes is one (stuffed) tiger that no one would ever want to mess with. But these two always have their fun, and they sure do have a hell of a lot of adventures (mostly with Calvin's parents): camping, going to the zoo, digging for dinosaur bones, going to Mars, being lifted up in the stratosphere by a balloon, fixing the bathroom sink among others. The list is always endless with this duo. There are tons of philosophical, satiri ...more
É F.K. Ó Conghaile
As similar to my review of the previous Calvin and Hobbes (seen here: http://goo.gl/rTv1z7), there were several instances of food-related humour it could do without. Surprisingly, the parents' reception to Calvin's behaviour was less implicitly violent and more of the type of "Family Jokes" that annoy me to the point of cringing. Preferable to the "Threats Joke" that was prevalent in "It's a Magical World."

The cover is wonderful, and immediately drew me in-to read through it, as it's been a whil
Robert Day
Oh no, I only have one more book left after this in my stash of Calvin & Hobbes books - I want more!

I just read that a book set has just been published that contains 4 paperbacks that contain every C&H strip ever syndicated:The Complete Calvin and Hobbes. It seems that Bill Watterson said everything that he needed to say on the subject by the mid 90s so guess what - if anybody wants to buy me an early Xmas present - they are more than welcome to buy me this. In fact, this'll do for the n
Sumirti Singaravel
This is my first copy of Calvin and Hobbes comics as a book and I am thoroughly thrilled to have my hands lay on it. I have always been an ardent lover of Bill Watterson's creativity, passion and beautiful sense of values which has taught(still teaching) the wonder beneath the quotidian life.

This book is a valued possession which I know that I would cherish for a lifetime(and perhaps add it in my Will and pass it on to the next generations to come).
Valerie
Which of us are weirdos from another planet? Well that depends on which side of the rock you're on.

I wish Calvin and Hobbes had managed to establish a dialog with the Martians. They might have had some solutions for the problems that face us.

As usual with these smaller collections, the Sunday strips are not in color, and they lose out thereby. But once again, there are unique drawings on the endpages and covers.
Lukeb
This was the first Calvin and Hobbes book I found and since then they have inspired me to buy almost every book in the seres. the funnest comics to read are when it's all in Calvin's mind. I love these books because they've always given me laughter over the years.
Ray Waltz
Here are two more things I love about about Calvin and Hobbes. Everyone thinks Hobbes is a stuffed animal! That funny. Also that nobody believes Calvin and Hobbes when they go on a wacky adventure such as - like in this book - going to Mars.
Jade Adkins
As always, Bill Watterson delivers a collection of Calvin and Hobbes that lives up to its title of having Weirdos from Another Planet! As long time fan of Calvin and Hobbes, I instantly began reminiscing about my youth as I read through some of the funniest moments from my past that I still find entertaining as an Adult. One of my favorites being the babysitter tormenting Calvin into a half attempt of submission. With Hobbes ever amusing words of wisdom and Calvin's naive ways, I was left happy ...more
Shane
This was written before graphic novels were as thick on the ground, and compiled from daily and Sunday strips - and they're great as what they are. However, I can't help wishing there were a more full-length graphic novel with Calvin and Hobbes - the story-line of "Weirdos From Another Planet" is only a few pages long, and this collection could've been titled from another one of the extended strips.

Nonethelest, I find C&H as delightful as ever, although I wonder if prospective parents shoul
Mary Catelli
Another Calvin and Hobbes collection

The title inspiring sequence happens fairly late -- Calvin and Hobbes take his wagon to Mars. Before there are the time Calvin uses the transmogrifier to turn himself into a tiger, many comics turning on the "welcome" Hobbes gives him when he gets home from school, getting carried off by a helium balloon, many attempts to persuade Dad that his ratings are so low he will lose reelection. Though after it, we have the time Mom foolishly says that he had better be
Freyavenlyo
I never really read Calvin and Hobbes as a child, can't even remember if you could get it where I live, but after finding a very accurate story (waiting for inspiration) I wanted to read more. There were many scenes where I just had to laugh out loud.
Wilde Sky
This book contains a series of cartoons featuring a young boy and his toy tiger / companion.

I found a lot of this book to be clever / engaging / extremely funny but a few of the sections were too mawkish (at least for me).
Samantha
Reading the ones I have in publication order. I liked this better than the bigger collection I just finished reading as this one seems to have more story strips and the other one rarely had any story collections longer than a few strips.
B
Calvin and Hobbes caught my attention as a small child, and even though I didn’t always get all of the more adult jokes, I still enjoyed them. After a few years of reading, I appreciated more and more and even now, as an adult, I enjoy the creativity and joy Calvin finds in every situation of life.

After reading every book of Calvin and Hobbes, I would recommend them to anyone who wants to find the joys of a simple life and I look forward to sharing them with my own boys when they are a bit olde
Timothy Boyd
Calvin is all of us in some way as a kid. I love reading 10 pages each morning to start my day. My highest recommendation to anyone that has a sense of humor.
Annika
I just love Calvin and Hobbes. Everybody should read it. No matter what kind of humour you like, its in there. The inking, drawing, and writing skill in the comics is also amazing.
Saretta
Altro libro che raccoglie le scrisce delle avventure di Calvin (bambino pestifero e ricco di immaginazione) e Hobbes (tigrotto di peluches molto vivo).
Il volume contiene anche delle vignette già lette in L'attacco dei mostri di neve mutanti, non dico che dovevano essere completamente originali, però le ripetizioni sono frequenti e danno l'idea di volumi fatti più per incassare che per trattare una tematica particolare (visto il titolo si potevano inserire solo quelle ambientate nello spazio etc.
Star Shining Forever
Calvin & Hobbes - witty, insightful, ridiculous, thought-provoking observations on life. And they sure like to play space explorers!
Shrilaxmi
I love this book. Calvin has so many wierd ideas and he is really creative. I think you need to read it. It's very funny too.
Wyntrnoire
Reading this and the others for the bazillionth time. I just love them:)
Diptarup Ghosh Dastidar
Wonderfully entertaining with its small and powerful anecdotes on life told in the humour of a child. All my friends love this.
Mia
Growing up with Calvin and Hobbes was wonderful! This book is a great read.
Francis Cuncich
Titles as original as Ministry albums.
Hoobins
Everyone should read some of these comics
Manuela Tinoco
what can I say? love the plots... and the expressions and the fact that it makes me laugh and think... so good
Izzy
How do you describe a perfection? You just simply don't. And I'm going to leave it at that.

I wonder how Calvin's parents are still around and about, still sane, while raising him because now, admit it, you won't really want a kid like him don't you? Stomping around, pretending to be a t-rex, chomping his mother's leg, floating around, because the rules of gravity doesn't really apply to him and my favourite, his and Hobbes's journey to Mars because: Weirdos from Another Planet!

Thousands of stars
Class of 2014: Book review 1 3 May 20, 2013 11:42PM
  • Beyond The Far Side
  • Think iFruity: A Foxtrot Collection
  • The Night of the Mary Kay Commandos: A Bloom County Book
Bill Watterson (born William Boyd Watterson II) is an American cartoonist, and the author of the comic strip "Calvin and Hobbes". His career as a syndicated cartoonist ran from 1985 to 1995; he stopped drawing "Calvin and Hobbes" at the end of 1995 with a short statement to newspaper editors and his fans that he felt he had achieved all he could in the comic strip medium. During the early years of ...more
More about Bill Watterson...

Calvin and Hobbes (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Calvin and Hobbes: Something Under the Bed is Drooling
  • Calvin and Hobbes: Yukon Ho!
  • Calvin and Hobbes: The Revenge of the Baby-Sat
  • Calvin and Hobbes: Scientific Progress Goes "Boink"
  • Calvin and Hobbes: Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons
  • The Days Are Just Packed: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection
  • Calvin and Hobbes: Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat
  • Calvin and Hobbes: There's Treasure Everywhere
  • Calvin and Hobbes: It's a Magical World
Calvin and Hobbes The Essential Calvin and Hobbes: A Calvin and Hobbes Treasury The Calvin and Hobbes Tenth Anniversary Book The Complete Calvin and Hobbes Calvin and Hobbes: It's a Magical World

“That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!” 831 likes