Start by marking “A Hatful of Seuss: Five Favorite Dr. Seuss Stories: Horton Hears A Who! / If I Ran the Zoo / Sneetches / Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book / Bartholomew and the Oobleck” as Want to Read:

This elegant bind-up copy consists of complete versions of Bartholomew and the Oobleck, If I Ran the Zoo, Horton Hears a Who, The Sneetches and Other Stories, and Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book. An exceptional gift to give and receive.

Book Details: Format: Hardcover Publication Date: 1/13/1997 Pages: 304 Reading Level: Age 5 and Up
Published January 13th 1997 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 13th 1967)

To ask other readers questions about A Hatful of Seuss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Hatful of Seuss

Chris Parsons
Read to me by the best; thanks Sarah!
Joseph Leskey
Dec 31, 2016 Joseph Leskey rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ANYBODY!!!!!!!
This is a wonderful assortment of Dr. Seuss's tales. The book is a provider of much entertainment.
Peter Besbeas
Apr 23, 2014 Peter Besbeas rated it liked it
The story If I Ran the Zoo is about a little kid named Gerald McGrew who is visiting the zoo one day. During Gerald’s visit he finds that the animals at the zoo are not interesting enough. Gerald explains that if he ran the zoo he would have crazier animals and let all of the current animals free. During the course of the book Gerald explains these silly creatures. In the book Gerald imagines that he has the best zoo of all time and he would capture the craziest creatures of all time (including ...more
Milo
Dec 23, 2012 Milo rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Milo by: Gift at a baby shower
I really like Dr. Seuss. I love the illustrations most of all. What I love about this book is that it has so many different Dr. Seuss stories. My favorite stories to read from the book right now are Bartholomew and The Oobleck and The Star Belly Sneetches. Every time we read the word "nerd" from The Star Belly Sneetches, Papa likes to geek out on me. He tells me that this story is where the word "nerd" originated. I don't much pay attention, but Mama thinks this is an interesting fact.

After we
Angie Kohout
Mar 30, 2015 Angie Kohout rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: k-2
Plot: The story If I Ran the Zoo is about a little kid named Gerald McGrew who is visiting the zoo one day. During Gerald’s visit he finds that the animals at the zoo are not interesting enough. Gerald explains that if he ran the zoo he would have crazier animals and let all of the current animals free.

Setting: Somewhere in the United States.

Characters: Gerald McGrew and various other animals.

Point-of view: Third person.

Theme: Creativity.

Style: Seussian rhyme.
Austin Engman
Sep 15, 2016 Austin Engman rated it it was amazing
When was about 9 this book had already become, easy. However, Doctor Seuss' rhymes, and elegant word smithing skills, bring back the child in all of us. There is nothing quite look hearing it read to you by a familiar soothing voice. Even reading it out loud brings a sort of childish joy back into your soul.
Teresa
Feb 02, 2008 Teresa rated it it was amazing
Yay Dr.Seuss <3

Every child needs to be brought up on Dr.Seuss stories, especially because they shadily teach some kind of moral, if you recognize it or not, while they are entertaining and delighting you.
April
Mar 03, 2013 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, childrens
Fantastic book for kids! So imaginative and creative. Easy read that children will find delightful!

Dr. Seuss is always brilliant! His stories and rhymes are fun and entertaining! Some of my all time favorites!! Such a great way to entertain children and get them interested in reading!
Lee
May 21/09 - We just tried to read Horton Hears a Who but it was too long for wee M. I like it though!
Kaitlin
A Hatful of Seuss: Five Favorite Dr. Seuss Stories by Dr. Seuss (1997)
Kristy
Feb 07, 2015 Kristy rated it really liked it
Wonderful! Read it to my babysitting kiddies and they loved them! Some of the great stories by the good Dr. that tend to get overlooked. So glad I got to share this with them!
jacky
Feb 26, 2013 jacky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I've had this collection of Seuss stories for a long time. It contains one of my favorites: The Sneeches.
Allison
Mar 29, 2008 Allison rated it it was amazing
a favorite
Tanner Cooper-Risser
Mar 09, 2016 Tanner Cooper-Risser rated it it was amazing
good read. Great stories with wonderful messages. Dr. Seuss never gets old.
Austin Wright
Feb 04, 2015 Austin Wright rated it liked it
A random ass jumble of stories....
Alexis Gilbert
Dec 23, 2011 Alexis Gilbert rated it it was amazing
I love this book because it is like a whole book full of Dr.Seuss's best work.
B
Jan 07, 2014 B rated it it was ok
It's Dr. Seuss! What more can you say? Inspirational, appropriate and fun for any age.
Vanessa Westen
Book of five Dr. Seuss stories which kids will love!
Jenni
Sep 26, 2007 Jenni rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-lit
While the others aren't necessarily my favorites, this collection does contain, in my opinion, the two best Seuss stories ever....The Sleep Book, and Too Many Daves.
Arch_angelic
Feb 28, 2011 Arch_angelic rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, children
Dr.Seuss' books are always the best!
Cathy
Jul 18, 2009 Cathy rated it liked it
Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss!?! Includes If I Ran The Zoo, Snetches, Horton Hears a Who, Sleep Book and Bartholomew and the Oobleck
Pamela N.
Pamela N. rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2016
Aidan Jack
Aidan Jack rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2012
Taunya Drake-Baladez
Taunya Drake-Baladez rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Diana
Diana rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2014
Deshawnbuie
Deshawnbuie rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2009
Felice Morris
Felice Morris rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2015
Mary Newman
Mary Newman rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
allen Williams
allen Williams rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2015
Rosemary
Rosemary rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
  • Dora Goes to School (Dora the Explorer, #8)
  • You Read to Me, I'll Read to You: Very Short Fairy Tales to Read Together
  • Clifford's Busy Week (Clifford the Big Red Dog (Paperback))
  • I Can Name 50 Trees Today!: All About Trees
  • Moo Hoo
  • Time for a Hug
  • Goldilocks and Just One Bear
  • Say Hello
  • The Jungle Book (Disney's Wonderful World Of Reading)
  • Boo Hoo Bird