Start by marking “A Hatful of Seuss: Five Favorite Dr. Seuss Stories: Horton Hears A Who! / If I Ran the Zoo / Sneetches / Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book / Bartholomew and the Oobleck” as Want to Read:

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  349 ratings  ·  15 reviews
This elegant bind-up copy consists of complete versions of Bartholomew and the Oobleck, If I Ran the Zoo, Horton Hears a Who, The Sneetches and Other Stories, and Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book. An exceptional gift to give and receive.

Book Details: Format: Hardcover Publication Date: 1/13/1997 Pages: 304 Reading Level: Age 5 and Up
Published January 13th 1997 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 13th 1967)

To ask other readers questions about A Hatful of Seuss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Hatful of Seuss

Peter Besbeas
The story If I Ran the Zoo is about a little kid named Gerald McGrew who is visiting the zoo one day. During Gerald’s visit he finds that the animals at the zoo are not interesting enough. Gerald explains that if he ran the zoo he would have crazier animals and let all of the current animals free. During the course of the book Gerald explains these silly creatures. In the book Gerald imagines that he has the best zoo of all time and he would capture the craziest creatures of all time (including ...more
Milo
Dec 23, 2012 Milo rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Milo by: Gift at a baby shower
I really like Dr. Seuss. I love the illustrations most of all. What I love about this book is that it has so many different Dr. Seuss stories. My favorite stories to read from the book right now are Bartholomew and The Oobleck and The Star Belly Sneetches. Every time we read the word "nerd" from The Star Belly Sneetches, Papa likes to geek out on me. He tells me that this story is where the word "nerd" originated. I don't much pay attention, but Mama thinks this is an interesting fact.

After we
B
It's Dr. Seuss! What more can you say? Inspirational, appropriate and fun for any age.
April
Fantastic book for kids! So imaginative and creative. Easy read that children will find delightful!

Dr. Seuss is always brilliant! His stories and rhymes are fun and entertaining! Some of my all time favorites!! Such a great way to entertain children and get them interested in reading!
Teresa
Yay Dr.Seuss <3

Every child needs to be brought up on Dr.Seuss stories, especially because they shadily teach some kind of moral, if you recognize it or not, while they are entertaining and delighting you.
Jenni
While the others aren't necessarily my favorites, this collection does contain, in my opinion, the two best Seuss stories ever....The Sleep Book, and Too Many Daves.
Cathy
Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss!?! Includes If I Ran The Zoo, Snetches, Horton Hears a Who, Sleep Book and Bartholomew and the Oobleck
Lee
May 21, 2009 Lee marked it as to-read
Shelves: own, picture-books
May 21/09 - We just tried to read Horton Hears a Who but it was too long for wee M. I like it though!
jacky
I've had this collection of Seuss stories for a long time. It contains one of my favorites: The Sneeches.
Kaitlin
A Hatful of Seuss: Five Favorite Dr. Seuss Stories by Dr. Seuss (1997)
Alexis Gilbert
I love this book because it is like a whole book full of Dr.Seuss's best work.
Ella
Read cover to cover more than once at age 6.
Arch_angelic
Dr.Seuss' books are always the best!
Anne Marie
Classic Seuss fun!
shayla parker
shayla parker marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Kayla
Kayla added it
Dec 29, 2014
Aisha
Aisha added it
Jan 25, 2015
Chris Parsons
Chris Parsons is currently reading it
Dec 22, 2014
Lacy Lovett
Lacy Lovett marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Rohan Sinha
Rohan Sinha marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
  • Clifford's Busy Week (Clifford the Big Red Dog (Paperback))
  • You Read to Me, I'll Read to You: Very Short Fairy Tales to Read Together
  • Dora Goes to School (Dora the Explorer, #8)
  • Moo Hoo
  • Franklin's Secret Club
  • Excuse Me!: A Little Book of Manners
  • Goldilocks and Just One Bear
  • Scholastic Reader Level 1: May I Please Have a Cookie?: May I Please Have A Cookie?
  • Boo Hoo Bird
  • Fast Food
  • Time for a Hug
  • Winnie-the-Pooh and Some Bees carousel book (Winnie-the-Pooh Carousel Book)
  • The Subway Mouse
  • The Great Sheep Shenanigans
  • Meet Babar and His Family
  • Piggy Bunny
  • A Very Special Critter (Look-Look)
  • There's No Place Like Space: All About Our Solar System (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
More about Dr. Seuss...
Green Eggs and Ham The Cat in the Hat How the Grinch Stole Christmas! Oh, The Places You'll Go! The Lorax