Start by marking “The EQ Edge: Emotional Intelligence and Your Success” as Want to Read:
The EQ Edge: Emotional Intelligence and Your Success

The EQ Edge: Emotional Intelligence and Your Success

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  155 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews

A FULLY REVISED AND UPDATED EDITION OF THE INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLER

What does it take to be a firefighter? Fighter pilot? Top of the heap in the sales department? A brilliant customer service advisor? Esteemed and respected corporate leader?

What does it take to get ahead? To separate yourself from the competition" Lead a less stressful existence? To be fulfilled in person

ebook, Revised and Updated Edition, 304 pages
Published February 11th 2010 by Jossey-Bass (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The EQ Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The EQ Edge

Anna Stevens
Mar 16, 2013 Anna Stevens rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book about Emotional Intelligence skills and sub-skills. Very detailed. The language is easy to understand. Examples are simple and relevant. I'd suggest to read this if you're curious how emotions impact your actions, interactions, and decision-making.
Jane
Jan 16, 2011 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book summarizes well the 15 areas of EQi AND the research on how they relate to success. Most of the self-identification questions are useful, and there are many good exercises for improving your own emotional intelligence. You can actually increase your EQi so it's worth investigating what is holding you back from fulfillment and how you might improve your ability to succeed at what is most important to you.
Agustinus Susanto
Jan 08, 2008 Agustinus Susanto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Kita punya Segunung Emosi yang setiap saat akan tereksplosi. Pandai-pandailah mengendalikan emosi untuk hal2 yang positif. Jika yang terjadi sebaliknya adalah bomerang yang didapat".

Meski sering dibaca buku ini sulit dipraktikan, karena terkadang bertentangan dengan apa yg gw harapkan.
Maja vujinovic
Jan 23, 2009 Maja vujinovic rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very eye opening and useful... things one would thing about and somewhere in the back of our minds know about but never attempt to practice or use until this book. If you are looking for a book to better yourself this is it.
Erica
Apr 30, 2010 Erica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Has great exercises, explains each point well. I think everyone could benefit from this book. EQ is very important in our holistic health, our success in family and friends and career. Highly recommended.
Sandra
May 14, 2008 Sandra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's one of the best EQ books I have, easy subject index in the back of the book. Some parts read like stereo instructions, but overall it's been good.
Yury
Sep 01, 2014 Yury rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is very interesting and hands-on!

I have read it when I had issues with time pressure and didn't have enough time and skills to really understand myself. Some exercise from the book are amazing. Like, ABCDE-exercise for example. Elegant and simple tool to work with your underlying beliefs!

Although I was always thinking that its kind of not quite "XXI century" to make it on paper, so I has even started developing an app for that, and its in development right now. Hope, I will finish it so
PeterBlackCoach
Jan 25, 2016 PeterBlackCoach rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have just reread this book as I am finding I am continuing to do more EQ work with clients who are looking to achieve greater personal and professional success - and it supports the Bar-On EQi and Bar_On EQ360 instruments which I am accredited to administer. The book examines the various EQ scales and sub-scales with both practical examples and self assessment exercises. Further details at http://www.peterblackcoaching.com/Hom...

PB
Paul Vieira
Nov 12, 2014 Paul Vieira rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I had just completed a workshop on Emotional Intelligence, so this book rounded out the theory nicely. Beyond that, though, are some practical exercises - keep your journal handy! The writing wasn't gripping, but worth a read.
J. Schmidt
Feb 11, 2014 J. Schmidt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed learning more about the various EQ skills and the exercises and questions to self really get you started working on EI.
Stacy
Jun 12, 2016 Stacy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, 2016
Helpful as part of the EQi assessment and coach, but I'm not sure how helpful without that additional support
Marianne Mullen
Apr 26, 2016 Marianne Mullen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read for masters class in emotional intelligence. Highly recommend.
Lisa
Feb 21, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book! Very insightful to how emotional intelligence plays a huge role in your life goals. I have learned much more about myself. Very clear and a recommended read. :)
Mike
Sep 17, 2012 Mike rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I would really like this book, but I just couldn't make a connection. I want to explore the EQ subject more but will have to with another book.

TaleofGenji
Jan 05, 2013 TaleofGenji marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Olga Marchuk
Oct 10, 2014 Olga Marchuk rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! I recommend to read it if you are in search for understanding yourself more and people around you.
Sean
Jul 18, 2014 Sean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book makes much more sense once you have had an EQ assessment carried out.
Jaydeep Banerjee
Lucid anecdotal writing that kept me going.
Renee
Jul 03, 2015 Renee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Solid introductory book on EI.
Michael
Dec 22, 2010 Michael rated it it was amazing
I can grow more and be more to others.
Julie
Sep 20, 2008 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. Loved it.
Mohab187
Mohab187 marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Candace
Candace marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Nimela
Nimela marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Jojo
Jojo marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Heba
Heba marked it as to-read
Aastha
Aastha marked it as to-read
Keith
Keith marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
  • Go Suck a Lemon: Strategies for Improving Your Emotional Intelligence
  • Career Match: Connecting Who You Are with What You'll Love to Do
  • Neuroscience of Personality: Brain Savvy Insights for All Types of People
  • Live the Life You Love: In Ten Easy Step-By Step Lessons
  • Unstuck: Your Guide to the Seven-Stage Journey Out of Depression
  • Executive Coaching with Backbone and Heart: A Systems Approach to Engaging Leaders with Their Challenges
  • Polarity Management: Identifying and Managing Unsolvable Problems
  • The Other Kind of Smart: Simple Ways to Boost Your Emotional Intelligence for Greater Personal Effectiveness and Success
  • One Year to an Organized Work Life: From Your Desk to Your Deadlines, the Week-by-Week Guide to Eliminating Office Stress for Good
  • The Heart of Coaching: Using Transformational Coaching to Create a High-performance Coaching Culture
  • The Body Language of Liars: From Little White Lies to Pathological Deception How to See Through the Fibs, Frauds, and Falsehoods People Tell You Every Day
  • Leadership Coaching: The Disciplines, Skills, and Heart of a Christian Coach
  • POP!: Stand Out in Any Crowd
  • The Talent Management Handbook: Creating Organizational Excellence by Identifying, Developing, and Promoting Your Best People
  • The Path Redefined: Getting to the Top on Your Own Terms
  • Your Next Move: The Leader's Guide to Navigating Major Career Transitions
  • You Already Know How to Be Great: A Simple Way to Remove Interference and Unlock Your Greatest Potential
  • Control Your Destiny or Someone Else Will