Start by marking “So You Call Yourself a Man?” as Want to Read:
So You Call Yourself a Man?

So You Call Yourself a Man?

This devotional provides the inspiration for Jakes' bestselling Loose That Man and Let Him Go! Looking at the lives of five biblical men, the book helps unlock the potential of any man, no matter what his doubts.
Published September 1st 1997 by Bethany House Publishers (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about So You Call Yourself a Man?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about So You Call Yourself a Man?

Nelson
Dec 10, 2008 Nelson rated it really liked it
….((Quote from this devotional: “When the world sees men dropping differences and coming together, the world is going to want what Christians have. ……But only God can build that bridge.”))
Emil Bredahl
Aug 28, 2012 Emil Bredahl rated it really liked it
II love this devotional book a lot, it is short and right to the spot. He writes in a very easy to understandable way. I Love the scriptures that are being used in the book, and the matter of the fact is, that it feels like it is written Right to me. Pastor TD Jakes taught me a lot through this book, and the blessing og being able to wake up every day and study the word of God is SUCH A BLESSING
Very very thankful for this opportunity to read a wonderful book like this

Keybo Taheri
Aug 09, 2014 Keybo Taheri rated it really liked it
A good book, that is easy to read and loosely based around Bible Scripture. While the book, is not so much of a novel as devotional daily reading, it still reads really well. I would recommend men read this book, Christian or not. The message is clear and easy to understand. I did not know who T.D Jakes was before reading this book and developed respect for his ministry and preaching abilities. The book had some lasting impact on me. The only downside was how the book was written, that it was no ...more
Gregory
Aug 28, 2012 Gregory rated it it was amazing
The book is very encouraging and helpful for men. This isn't a self-help book but rather a book to help men who are seeking to solve their problems from a Biblical perspective which self-help books don't focus on and ignore. Some self-help books are secular, this book from Bishop Jakes is from a Bishop who is a Christian.

In times like these, it is good to read a book to help build men up spiritually and unlock their godly potential. I highly recommend this book.
C. Moorer
Aug 11, 2010 C. Moorer rated it it was amazing
Bishop TD Jakes has been doing this "transformation" through writing thing for a long time. I recently saw this title re-released at a local Walgreen's $13.99. I opened the book and saw the copyright was dated back to 1997. I scored it on amazon for $2.50 and am enjoying and resonating with each devotional. Thanks again Bishop Jakes for sharing your anointing!
J. Allen
Oct 27, 2009 J. Allen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy read, wonderfully thought provoking. Wish I could have read this as a younger man.Asks questions I had not, yet should have considered at any stage of my life.Better late than never. Written by a real straight forward man of God.
Armorguy
Armorguy rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2008
Carlos
Carlos rated it really liked it
May 14, 2012
J.
J. rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2013
D
D rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2012
IamSucSammy
IamSucSammy rated it really liked it
May 22, 2015
Anthony Davis
Anthony Davis rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
S
S rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2016
Luis Nater
Luis Nater rated it it was ok
Dec 17, 2015
Mziyandamontwana
Mziyandamontwana rated it it was ok
Sep 23, 2013
David
David rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2012
Kevin Reese
Kevin Reese rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2013
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2012
Jeffrey Hewlett
Jeffrey Hewlett rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2013
Jason
Jason rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2009
Kevin
Kevin rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2012
Mirna Herrera-colombo
Mirna Herrera-colombo rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2017
Bronzewoman
Bronzewoman rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2008
Jason Stokes
Jason Stokes rated it it was ok
Jan 01, 2014
Duezette
Duezette rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2016
Jimmy
Jimmy rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2012
Bridgett
Bridgett rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2014
Steve Ethridge
Steve Ethridge rated it it was ok
Jul 27, 2012
Vanessa Uansohia
Vanessa Uansohia rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Living in the Power of the Holy Spirit
  • Living on the Ragged Edge: Finding Joy in a World Gone Mad
  • Wild at Heart Field Manual: A Personal Guide to Discover the Secret of Your Masculine Soul
  • Stacie & Cole
  • No More Excuses: Be the Man God Made You to Be
  • The Essential Book of Useless Information: The Most Unimportant Things You'll Never Need to Know (The New York Times Bestselling)
  • Going to the Chapel
  • Death, Deceit & Some Smooth Jazz (Amanda Bell Brown Mystery, #2)
  • Meeting of the Waters
  • Satisfy My Soul
  • Plain Brown Wrapper: An Alex Powell Novel
  • Exploring the Da Vinci Code: Investigating the Issues Raised by the Book & Movie
  • Christian Caregiving: A Way of Life
  • Heat
  • Hell Has No Fury
  • The New Tolerance: How a Cultural Movement Threatens to Destroy You, Your Faith, and Your Children.
  • Three Times a Lady
  • Pressing Hard (Perry Skky Jr., #2)
Bishop T.D. Jakes is the author of the bestsellers God's Leading Lady; The Lady, Her Lover and Her Lord; Maximize the Moment; The Great Investment; His Lady; Woman, Thou art Loosed (the film of which won the Best Film Award at the Santa Barbara Film Festival) and He-Motions. His daily morning show The Potter's Touch and weekly broadcast The Potter's House air on Trinity Broadcasting Network and Bl ...more
More about T.D. Jakes...