Start by marking “Revenant (Zoe Martinique, #4)” as Want to Read:
Revenant (Zoe Martinique, #4)

Revenant (Zoë Martinique #4)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  320 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
View our feature on Phaedra Weldon’s Revenant.The smart, sassy, single, and "highly original" (#1 New York Times bestselling author Patricia Briggs) Zoë Martinique is back- and she's seeking clues on the other side...

Zoë Martinique's life hasn't been ordinary for quite awhile. First she developed the ability to travel outside her body at will-where she encountered some
Paperback, 1st Edition, 352 pages
Published June 1st 2010 by Ace Trade

To ask other readers questions about Revenant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revenant

Katy
Jul 24, 2012 Katy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of urban fantasy
Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy Reading Level: Adult

Disclosure: I received the final book in the series, as well as an omnibus including the short stories related to the series, from the author in exchange for an honest review. I am happy to also provide an honest review for these earlier books, which I purchased myself.

Synopsis: Zoë Martinique's life hasn't been ordinary for quite awhile. First she developed the ability to travel outside her body at will – where she encountered some seriously
Kitty Muse Book Reviews
Apr 06, 2016 Kitty Muse Book Reviews rated it it was amazing
Zoe Martinique is…unique. She is a Wraith, with a side of Horror. Her friends include witches, vampires (oops, excuse me—Revenants), Symbionts, humans, and who knows what. Well, what can one expect when one’s father is an angel?
Zoe has had some unbelievable adventures (see Phantasm and Spectre, the accounts before this one), but this one might just break even her endurance.
Someone on one of the alternate planes of reality is trying to destroy the First Borns, or Revenants, as they are better kno
Barbara ★
I had a tough time getting into this one mainly because it's rather complicated and I'd forgotten all the nuances. Once I figured everything out though, the book flew. But man what a cliffhanger! I certainly didn't expect that but I guess I should have because I've learned to expect the unexpected in this series. Can't wait to read Geist and see how the gang rescues Zoe.
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Jeanine
Jan 02, 2011 Jeanine rated it did not like it
I can't recommend this book unless you like lazy writing which uses devices such as: "She looked in the mirror and saw..." Sure, the author winked at the reader when she did this, but still. Lame.

The narrative is in a style that appeals to the Facebook addicted: littered with pop culture references, heavy use of slang, bad grammar -- I could go on and on. Mix in a bit of the fantastic - witches, ghouls, seraphim - and you've got a sure fire hit for the Twilight loving crowd who doesn't know wha
Darcy
Oct 05, 2010 Darcy rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010, uf, ghosts
I had a hard time with this book. Usually when I read this author I can devour the book in one sitting, but this time around I had a hard time reading more than 50-100 pages in a sitting. The reasoning I think is because there was so much of this story that was just talking, talking about what had happened, talking about what will happen, and talking about a new species that they all were introduced to. All that talking made for a boring read, even with the action that happened.

With the new spec
Topher
Jul 21, 2014 Topher rated it liked it
Glad to learn a little bit more about the, errr, ecology, as it were, of things supernatural in Atlanta. Curious to see where the series goes from here.
Amy
Mar 19, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it
I'm finally feeling comfortable with this series. Weldon has a lot of sub stories that seem only available as eBooks that I'm sure make the story more complete (lots of references in the novels). I do like how over these first four books we start to understand more as Zoe does, and by this fourth book she's finally sounding as intelligent as some of the other characters.

I'd like to read the novellas that accompany the series (wish I would have known about them in the beginning!), but I'm not sur
Crystal
Jan 28, 2011 Crystal rated it it was amazing
I think it was the best of the series so far-although I wouldn't recommend starting with this book. The author does a great job of summarizing past events without the infamous info dump but a lot has happened in this series and I think you'll still get lost.

I will say that it has the mother of all cliffhangers at the end. No firm release date for the next in the series which the author is tentatively titling Nephilim but I believe she stated in a blog post that it will be out summer 2011.
Christina
Jul 07, 2010 Christina rated it liked it
Shelves: ghosts, urban-fantasy
Shandra
Feb 15, 2014 Shandra rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I neglected this on my shelf for too long, but once I started it, I could hardly put it down. It is getting to be quite complicated, plot-wise, and it took me awhile to remember what I had read in the previous books. Definitely don't start here, but this series is getting very engrossing!
Selena McDevitt
Jun 24, 2010 Selena McDevitt rated it really liked it
The only reason that this isn't getting 5 stars is because of all of the slang. Otherwise this book is wonderfully written, paced, and researched. The cliffhanger is killing me, though! I can't wait until the next one comes out!!
Gypsie Holley
Jun 21, 2010 Gypsie Holley rated it really liked it
I believe this is the best one so far! This also left a hell of a cliff-hanger! Where is the next one? How fast are you writing Phaedra? I musts have this soon. (yes, I did put the extra "s" there) I can't wait!

Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Jul 11, 2011 Cindi (cheesygiraffe) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-read
I enjoy the characters but sometimes I don't understand what's going on right away. I have to reread a scene to get it. I started getting the picture toward the end. Ugh! The ending sucked for Zoe. I hope the guys can help her.
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
Jan 15, 2012 Liberty Abbott-Sylvester rated it really liked it
Shelves: zoe-martinique
Okay, I had a hard time getting into this book at first but after the first 100 pages or so I couldn't put it down. I enjoyed learning about the new species and OMG! the ending! I can't wait to read the next book!
Aleshea Fouts
Oct 06, 2010 Aleshea Fouts rated it did not like it
This book was great in tell the end. I will never read another book by Phaedra Weldon this is the last book for years and you leave it like that well I'm not waiting around again just to be disappointed again.
Heather Anne
Sadly forgettable. But I felt obliged to finish it. Some action and adventure.
Perhaps I would have liked it more if I had kept better track of what had come before in the series.
Maryanne
Jun 06, 2011 Maryanne rated it it was amazing
I have just finished this book now I want the next one Love these characters epecially poor Zoe she makes me laugh with all her asides in her head and sometimes blurted out
Christine Hayes
Jan 26, 2012 Christine Hayes rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Revenant much more than Phantasm. The ending was amazing ,can't waint to get the next book.
Rachael
Dec 19, 2012 Rachael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FINALLY! Improvement :) Can't wait to read the next one. Hopefully the next one wont be a disappointment.
C.E.
Nov 24, 2010 C.E. rated it it was ok
Yawn, snore, whatever. Not as lively as the Succubus series by Richelle Mead, and unable to stand alone.
Randy Smith
Dec 11, 2012 Randy Smith rated it really liked it
This was nice but a bit messed up but I get that's the way life.
April
Oct 27, 2011 April rated it it was amazing
What an ending! I wasn't expecting that at all.
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Cathy Hill
Cathy Hill marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
SensBaby21
SensBaby21 marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Teresa Valentic
Teresa Valentic rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
Lunarbabee
Lunarbabee marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Kspray1
Kspray1 marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
  • Inhuman Resources (OSI, #3)
  • Forged Of Shadows (Marked Souls #2)
  • Red Demon (Gods of Midnight, #3)
  • Silent Night, Haunted Night (Nicki Styx, #4)
  • Unchained (The Dark Forgotten, #3)
  • Sparks (Anya Kalinczyk, #2)
  • Concrete Savior (Dark Redemption, #2)
  • Bring on the Night (WVMP Radio, #3)
  • As Lie the Dead (Dreg City, #2)
  • Ghosts & Echoes (Shadows Inquiries #2)
  • Discovering (Lily Dale #4)
  • Hell Fire (Corine Solomon, #2)
  • Silver Zombie (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #4)
  • One Grave Less (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #9)
  • Labyrinth (Greywalker, #5)
  • A Drop of Red (Vampire Babylon, #4)
  • Flowers for Her Grave (Grim Reaper Mystery, #3)
  • Lightborn (Darkborn Trilogy, #2)
207695
Sometimes credited as Phaedra M. Weldon.

Born in Pensacola, Florida, Phaedra is the eldest of four children. She began writing in notebooks with her best friend in middle school.
After leaving college for a job in the Graphic Arts industry, Phaedra continued her love of writing in her spare time and was lucky enough at a writer's conference to meet Dean Wesley Smith, who later became her writing men
More about Phaedra Weldon...

Zoë Martinique (8 books)
  • Wraith (Zoe Martinique, #1)
  • Spectre (Zoe Martinique #2)
  • Phantasm (Zoe Martinique, #3)
  • Geist (Zoe Martinique, #5)
  • Walking Shadows (Zoe Martinique, #5.1)
  • Dominion (Zoe Martinique, #6)
  • Seraphim (Zoë Martinique, #7)