Start by marking “Bridge of Clay” as Want to Read:

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  90 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
It's about a boy.
His name is Clay.
He's building a bridge.
And he wants that bridge to be something truly great and miraculous.
Published by Doubleday

Empire of Storms by Sarah J. MaasUntitled by John GreenChain of Gold by Cassandra ClareUntitled by Sarah J. MaasThe Last Star by Rick Yancey
Most Exciting Upcoming YA Books
17th out of 406 books — 14,298 voters
The Winds of Winter by George R.R. MartinDoors of Stone by Patrick RothfussThe Seeker by Stephenie MeyerA Dream of Spring by George R.R. MartinThe Soul by Stephenie Meyer
Hurry Up and Release It!!!
35th out of 501 books — 6,559 voters

More lists with this book...

Marissa
MARKUS. WHERE IS IT?

Shirley Marr
Nov 20, 2011 Shirley Marr marked it as to-read
Shelves: aussie-ya
Okay, this space is just going to become a dumping ground of stuff I learn about Bridge of Clay until the book actually comes out and I read it, die and then come back to fill it with a proper review.

Update 20 Nov: From the Markus Zusak Facebook Fanpage Here (worth regularly stalking btw) Markus posts some excerpts from BOC as per below:

(Markus Zusak's own words)...here's a small piece or two from Bridge of Clay that I revisit regularly and work on:

PENELOPE

... i
Once, in the tide of Dunbar past –
★ Jess
Jan 05, 2015 ★ Jess marked it as to-read
Shelves: dont-own
Edit:
This was originally going to be released while I was in year 10. Im about to start my second year at uni. Cool.

Edit:
Come on Markus. We were told this was going to be published on September 1, 2011. Wtf man.

EDIT:
CTUYHAJKLHDGNSKLHESBDNLGK>NMKSD>
Its September 1 today, and Zusak hasn't even finished writing the book! It still needs to be finished and edited and marketed and shit. I AM SO UNBELIEVABLY DEVASTATED. How can you do this to me Markus? I HATE YOUR FREAKING GUTS.
Wait, no. I
Natalie
Aug 26, 2012 Natalie marked it as to-read
Markus Zusak could write the iTunes User Terms of Agreement and I'd still read it. so yeah, pretty excited for this one!
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Apparently there have been rumors about this book going around for like three years ... well, guess I'm out of the loop because I hadn't heard about it until now. I'm ashamed of myself because Markus Zusak is one of my favorite authors in the world. So yeah, what's it about?

It's about a boy.
His name is Clay.
He's building a bridge.
And he wants that bridge to be something truly great and miraculous.

... Well, thanks. Thanks Markus Zusak for giving us that incredibly specific and detailed summary of
Ceecee
Sep 29, 2014 Ceecee marked it as must-read-slash-wishlist
Update September 29, 2014:

i've been waiting for this book for 2 years. what the hell. *crying face*

This book cannot come quick enough.

Rebecca
I still have no idea when this is actually being published but it's Markus Zusak, the guy who wrote my favourite book and who I generally worship. So I'm willing to wait because I know it will be amazing.

Unless another year goes by without hearing anything - I might not be so patient. Seriously though, I really want this book.
Gaby
Feb 04, 2016 Gaby marked it as to-read
It's safe to say, that I would never read a book about a guy building a bridge from clay. That sounds ridiculous. But because Marcus Zusak wrote it, I'll go to Barnes and Noble every day before the book releases. See if mine will have it early, so I can flaunt it in my friends faces. #logic
Holden
Sep 22, 2014 Holden marked it as to-read
Shelves: ya-lit-to-read
OHMIGOD MARKUS ZUSAK IS WRITING ANOTHER BOOK.

*UPDATE* OHMIGOD MARKUS ZUSAK IS STILL WRITING ANOTHER BOOK, ACCORDING TO HIS TWITTER PAGE. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. He says it "might" be out in 2013. LIFE IS NOT FAIR.
Giovanna
Feb 10, 2015 Giovanna marked it as to-read
...okay, it's about a boy and a bridge. I got that like...a year ago. Now, when do I get to see/read this freaking bridge book?
Rebecca
Aug 19, 2012 Rebecca marked it as to-read
Okay, is this book actually a thing? Or am I taking crazy pills? :(
Madeleine Rex
May 17, 2010 Madeleine Rex marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
I am officially the most excited person in the world.
Riv
Jun 22, 2012 Riv marked it as to-read
I haven't ODed on Markus Zusak yet, but when this book is out I'm going to have a Markus Marathon. His writing is some of the prettiest I have ever seen.
GIMME.

So. September First. Markus Marathon. Who's with me?

ETA 6/22: Um. New release date. December 31st 20...35? Um. I'm trying to think of something funny to say, but I'm drawing a blank. Mostly, I think they're just pushing their luck, thinking the universe will survive until them. I mean, think of how many times the world will end before then
Alexx
Nov 11, 2014 Alexx marked it as to-read
When I heard Markus was working on a new book, I kinda went like this:

But it's been so long and he still isn't done with it. Put me out of my misery, man, and give me this book!

Teresa
Jan 24, 2011 Teresa marked it as to-read
I AM WAITING PATIENTLY FOR THIS F'N BOOK TO GET HERE!!!!!!!!!!! BEEN WAITING 2 YEARS FOR THIS, IT BETTER HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!
Hanka
May 19, 2015 Hanka rated it really liked it
I remember going on Markus Zusak's website in 2011 and reading the exact blurb that is now on here, and I was like, hey, cool, he's writing a new book. That should be out in a few months if he's already talking about it on his website.
And BOY, was I wrong. As of now, May 2015(!), there is still no book. There is not even a release date. Just a few weeks ago, Zusak actually said something about this on his Facebook, I think it was along the lines of "I haven't given up on it[the book] yet". This
Anna
Mar 21, 2016 Anna rated it did not like it
It's 2016 and we still don't have much. Markus, taps head. You there? IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PUBLISHED IN 2011! Five years have passed!
Meg
Jul 23, 2013 Meg marked it as to-read
zusak what the haleeee is going on

ok yeah he and grr martin are not my bitches (as gaiman would say) but sometimes i see this book on my tbr shelf and make a comment on goodreads 3 years later
Elizabeth
Apr 30, 2012 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I cannot wait for this book! Been waiting for Markus Zusak to write something new for forever! His writing is always, always delicious and captivating and beautiful. <3
elissa
May 15, 2015 elissa marked it as to-read
Shelves: youngadult
I could have sworn that I had this in my "to read" list already. Zusak is my favorite author, and I just noticed that he's now a "goodreads author". Yay!
Erin McManus
Dec 27, 2015 Erin McManus marked it as to-read

and still no book :(
Jillian
Aug 25, 2014 Jillian marked it as to-read
I am a lost soul until this book comes out. My life is in your hands, Markus. No pressure.
Katie
Oct 19, 2011 Katie marked it as to-read
Why do I have to wait so long???? I would kill for an ARC of this book.

Misty
Apr 19, 2011 Misty marked it as to-read
I can't wait to read this new book when it ones out, I love this author!
Joyzi
Aug 31, 2011 Joyzi marked it as to-read
Shelves: author-aussie
Oh my God!
I can't wait for this one!
I love Markus Zusak.

2012
Diana
Jun 10, 2012 Diana marked it as to-read
592 PAGES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

No wonder it took so long.
Sania Yasin
Mar 07, 2015 Sania Yasin marked it as to-read
They also serve who only stand and wait.
Sonja
Nov 04, 2013 Sonja marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
ONE DAY THIS BOOK WILL COME OUT. ONE DAY.
Kilikina
  • Edgling
  • Journey's End
  • Long May She Reign
  • Faerie Land
  • The Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2)
  • Cybernetic
  • The Celtic Warrior Princess
  • The Returned (The Archived, #3)
  • The Book of Dust
  • Warcross (Warcross, #1)
  • Cloudforest (Cloudforest, #1)
  • Twilight of the Gods
Markus Zusak was born in 1975 and is the author of five books, including the international bestseller, The Book Thief , which is translated into more than forty languages. First released in 2005, The Book Thief has spent a total of 375 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list, and still remains there eight years after it first came out.

His first three books, The Underdog, Fighting Ruben Wol
More about Markus Zusak...