Start by marking “Bridge of Clay” as Want to Read:

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  44 reviews
It's about a boy.
His name is Clay.
He's building a bridge.
And he wants that bridge to be something truly great and miraculous.
Published by Doubleday

To ask other readers questions about Bridge of Clay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bridge of Clay

The Seeker by Stephenie MeyerLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareThe Soul by Stephenie MeyerPrince of Shadows by Cassandra ClareWinter by Marissa Meyer
Most Exciting Upcoming YA Books
23rd out of 349 books — 11,035 voters
The Winds of Winter by George R.R. MartinThe Seeker by Stephenie MeyerDoors of Stone by Patrick RothfussThe Soul by Stephenie MeyerA Dream of Spring by George R.R. Martin
Hurry Up and Release It!!!
46th out of 371 books — 4,747 voters

More lists with this book...

★ Jess
Mar 10, 2014 ★ Jess marked it as to-read
Shelves: dont-own
Edit:
Come on Markus. We were told this was going to be published on September 1, 2011. wtf man.

EDIT:
CTUYHAJKLHDGNSKLHESBDNLGK>NMKSD>
Its September 1 today, and Zusak hasn't even finished writing the book! It still needs to be finished and edited and marketed and shit. I AM SO UNBELIEVABLY DEVASTATED. How can you do this to me Markus? I HATE YOUR FREAKING GUTS.
Wait, no. I love you. I love you so much. I love you and your books almost as much, if not more, than I love Neil Gaiman. I know
Shirley Marr
Nov 20, 2011 Shirley Marr marked it as to-read
Shelves: aussie-ya
Okay, this space is just going to become a dumping ground of stuff I learn about Bridge of Clay until the book actually comes out and I read it, die and then come back to fill it with a proper review.

Update 20 Nov: From the Markus Zusak Facebook Fanpage Here (worth regularly stalking btw) Markus posts some excerpts from BOC as per below:

(Markus Zusak's own words)...here's a small piece or two from Bridge of Clay that I revisit regularly and work on:

PENELOPE

WHERES THE BOOK MARKUS?
MARKUS. WHERE IS IT?

Tom Bombadil
Aug 26, 2012 Tom Bombadil marked it as to-read
Markus Zusak could write the iTunes User Terms of Agreement and I'd still read it. so yeah, pretty excited for this one!
Ceecee
Sep 29, 2014 Ceecee marked it as must-read-slash-wishlist
Update September 29, 2014:

i've been waiting for this book for 2 years. what the hell. *crying face*

This book cannot come quick enough.

Rebecca
I still have no idea when this is actually being published but it's Markus Zusak, the guy who wrote my favourite book and who I generally worship. So I'm willing to wait because I know it will be amazing.

Unless another year goes by without hearing anything - I might not be so patient. Seriously though, I really want this book.
Holden
Sep 22, 2014 Holden marked it as to-read
Shelves: ya-lit-to-read
OHMIGOD MARKUS ZUSAK IS WRITING ANOTHER BOOK.

*UPDATE* OHMIGOD MARKUS ZUSAK IS STILL WRITING ANOTHER BOOK, ACCORDING TO HIS TWITTER PAGE. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. He says it "might" be out in 2013. LIFE IS NOT FAIR.
Becca
Aug 19, 2012 Becca marked it as to-read
Okay, is this book actually a thing? Or am I taking crazy pills? :(
Madeleine Rex
May 17, 2010 Madeleine Rex marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
I am officially the most excited person in the world.
Riv
Jun 22, 2012 Riv marked it as to-read
I haven't ODed on Markus Zusak yet, but when this book is out I'm going to have a Markus Marathon. His writing is some of the prettiest I have ever seen.
GIMME.

So. September First. Markus Marathon. Who's with me?

ETA 6/22: Um. New release date. December 31st 20...35? Um. I'm trying to think of something funny to say, but I'm drawing a blank. Mostly, I think they're just pushing their luck, thinking the universe will survive until them. I mean, think of how many times the world will end before then...more
Teresa
Jan 24, 2011 Teresa marked it as to-read
I AM WAITING PATIENTLY FOR THIS F'N BOOK TO GET HERE!!!!!!!!!!! BEEN WAITING 2 YEARS FOR THIS, IT BETTER HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!
Meg
Jul 23, 2013 Meg marked it as to-read
zusak what the haleeee is going on

ok yeah he and grr martin are not my bitches (as gaiman would say) but sometimes i see this book on my tbr shelf and make a comment on goodreads 3 years later
elissa
Dec 18, 2011 elissa marked it as to-read
Shelves: youngadult
I could have sworn that I had this in my "to read" list already. Zusak is my favorite author, and I just noticed that he's now a "goodreads author". Yay!
Katie
Oct 19, 2011 Katie marked it as to-read
Why do I have to wait so long???? I would kill for an ARC of this book.

Misty
Apr 19, 2011 Misty marked it as to-read
I can't wait to read this new book when it ones out, I love this author!
Joyzi
Aug 31, 2011 Joyzi marked it as to-read
Shelves: author-aussie
Oh my God!
I can't wait for this one!
I love Markus Zusak.

2012
Diana
Jun 10, 2012 Diana marked it as to-read
592 PAGES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

No wonder it took so long.
Sonja
Nov 04, 2013 Sonja marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
ONE DAY THIS BOOK WILL COME OUT. ONE DAY.
Kilikina
Jun 30, 2012 Kilikina marked it as to-read
"first published December 31st 2035"...lol what
Linna
Apr 07, 2012 Linna marked it as wishlist-to-be-released
What on earth is this going to be about...
Cari
Apr 01, 2014 Cari marked it as to-read
I need this book... NOW!
Gabrielle
Mar 27, 2014 Gabrielle marked it as to-read
When will this come? I can't handle it!
Henri Mingu
Feb 03, 2011 Henri Mingu marked it as to-read
"It's about a boy.
His name is Clay.
He's building a bridge.
And he wants that bridge to be something truly great and miraculous."

Teaser seems promising!
Coming from Markus the it probably IS going to be great and miraculous!
The book, that is.. Cant wait!
Yue [Wonder of living]
Markus Zusak better hurry up and finish his book because I need to stitch my heart together after he broke mine in The Book Thief.
Elizabeth
I cannot wait for this book! Been waiting for Markus Zusak to write something new for forever! His writing is always, always delicious and captivating and beautiful. <3
Paulaturner1965live.co.uk
Can anyone tell me if this book is available to buy yet? And I believe Markus has another coming out too. Can anyone confirm this please! Its been too long!
Vendula
Feb 23, 2013 Vendula marked it as waiting-for-release
BOŽEE!!!!!!!!! UŽ TEĎ SE NEMŮŽU DOČKAT. MUSÍM SI ZNOVA PŘEČÍST ZLODĚJKU A POSLA A ZLODĚJKU A POSLA! MUSÍM JE ČÍST POŘÁD! BOŽE, ZABTE MĚ.
Gabry
Jan 31, 2011 Gabry marked it as to-read
I will read this, eventually. Even if the publishing date keeps on getting pushed back, I will read it.
Jillian
Aug 25, 2014 Jillian marked it as to-read
I am a lost soul until this book comes out. My life is in your hands, Markus. No pressure.
Dana Salman
Sep 23, 2013 Dana Salman marked it as to-read
Shelves: can-t-wait
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaah? Why have I not heard of this?!?! Some fan I am!
  • The Howling Boy
  • Begin Again
  • All the Rage
  • I Was Here
  • Edgling
  • Untitled Standalone
  • Lady Helen and the Dark Days Club (Lady Helen, #1)
  • Tell the Wind and Fire
  • The Racket
  • Emmy & Oliver
  • Children of Peace
  • The Walls Around Us
  • Passenger (Untitled Series #1)
  • Slasher Girls & Monster Boys
  • Immaculate
  • The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly
  • Black Dove, White Raven
  • Heartless
Markus Zusak was born in 1975 and is the author of five books, including the international bestseller, The Book Thief , which is translated into more than forty languages. First released in 2005, The Book Thief has spent a total of 375 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list, and still remains there eight years after it first came out.

His first three books, The Underdog, Fighting Ruben Wolfe...more
More about Markus Zusak...
The Book Thief I Am the Messenger Getting the Girl (Wolfe Brothers, #3) Fighting Ruben Wolfe (Wolfe Brothers, #2) Underdog (Wolfe Brothers, #1)