Start by marking “Bridge of Clay” as Want to Read:

Bridge of Clay

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  46 reviews
It's about a boy.
He's building a bridge.
And he wants that bridge to be something truly great and miraculous.
Published by Doubleday

The Seeker by Stephenie MeyerLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareThe Soul by Stephenie MeyerPrince of Shadows by Cassandra ClareWinter by Marissa Meyer
Most Exciting Upcoming YA Books
25th out of 364 books — 11,464 voters
The Winds of Winter by George R.R. MartinThe Seeker by Stephenie MeyerDoors of Stone by Patrick RothfussThe Soul by Stephenie MeyerA Dream of Spring by George R.R. Martin
Hurry Up and Release It!!!
42nd out of 405 books — 5,043 voters

More lists with this book...

Marissa

★ Jess
Jan 05, 2015 ★ Jess marked it as to-read
Shelves: dont-own
Edit:
This was originally going to be released while I was in year 10. Im about to start my second year at uni. Cool.

Edit:
Come on Markus. We were told this was going to be published on September 1, 2011. Wtf man.

EDIT:
CTUYHAJKLHDGNSKLHESBDNLGK>NMKSD>
Its September 1 today, and Zusak hasn't even finished writing the book! It still needs to be finished and edited and marketed and shit. I AM SO UNBELIEVABLY DEVASTATED. How can you do this to me Markus? I HATE YOUR FREAKING GUTS.
Wait, no. I
Shirley Marr
Nov 20, 2011 Shirley Marr marked it as to-read
Shelves: aussie-ya
Okay, this space is just going to become a dumping ground of stuff I learn about Bridge of Clay until the book actually comes out and I read it, die and then come back to fill it with a proper review.

Update 20 Nov: From the Markus Zusak Facebook Fanpage Here (worth regularly stalking btw) Markus posts some excerpts from BOC as per below:

(Markus Zusak's own words)...here's a small piece or two from Bridge of Clay that I revisit regularly and work on:

PENELOPE

... i
Once, in the tide of Dunbar past –
Tom Bombadil
Aug 26, 2012 Tom Bombadil marked it as to-read
Markus Zusak could write the iTunes User Terms of Agreement and I'd still read it. so yeah, pretty excited for this one!
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Apparently there have been rumors about this book going around for like three years ... well, guess I'm out of the loop because I hadn't heard about it until now. I'm ashamed of myself because Markus Zusak is one of my favorite authors in the world. So yeah, what's it about?

It's about a boy.
He's building a bridge.
And he wants that bridge to be something truly great and miraculous.

... Well, thanks. Thanks Markus Zusak for giving us that incredibly specific and detailed summary of
Ceecee
Sep 29, 2014 Ceecee marked it as must-read-slash-wishlist
Update September 29, 2014:

i've been waiting for this book for 2 years. what the hell. *crying face*

This book cannot come quick enough.

Rebecca
Mar 08, 2013 Rebecca marked it as to-be-released
I still have no idea when this is actually being published but it's Markus Zusak, the guy who wrote my favourite book and who I generally worship. So I'm willing to wait because I know it will be amazing.

Unless another year goes by without hearing anything - I might not be so patient. Seriously though, I really want this book.
Holden
Sep 22, 2014 Holden marked it as to-read
Shelves: ya-lit-to-read
OHMIGOD MARKUS ZUSAK IS WRITING ANOTHER BOOK.

*UPDATE* OHMIGOD MARKUS ZUSAK IS STILL WRITING ANOTHER BOOK, ACCORDING TO HIS TWITTER PAGE. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. He says it "might" be out in 2013. LIFE IS NOT FAIR.
Becca
Aug 19, 2012 Becca marked it as to-read
Okay, is this book actually a thing? Or am I taking crazy pills? :(
Madeleine Rex
May 17, 2010 Madeleine Rex marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
I am officially the most excited person in the world.
Riv
Jun 22, 2012 Riv marked it as to-read
I haven't ODed on Markus Zusak yet, but when this book is out I'm going to have a Markus Marathon. His writing is some of the prettiest I have ever seen.
GIMME.

So. September First. Markus Marathon. Who's with me?

ETA 6/22: Um. New release date. December 31st 20...35? Um. I'm trying to think of something funny to say, but I'm drawing a blank. Mostly, I think they're just pushing their luck, thinking the universe will survive until them. I mean, think of how many times the world will end before then
Teresa
Jan 24, 2011 Teresa marked it as to-read
I AM WAITING PATIENTLY FOR THIS F'N BOOK TO GET HERE!!!!!!!!!!! BEEN WAITING 2 YEARS FOR THIS, IT BETTER HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!
Alexx
Nov 11, 2014 Alexx marked it as to-read
When I heard Markus was working on a new book, I kinda went like this:

But it's been so long and he still isn't done with it. Put me out of my misery, man, and give me this book!

Meg
Jul 23, 2013 Meg marked it as to-read
zusak what the haleeee is going on

ok yeah he and grr martin are not my bitches (as gaiman would say) but sometimes i see this book on my tbr shelf and make a comment on goodreads 3 years later
elissa
Dec 18, 2011 elissa marked it as to-read
Shelves: youngadult
I could have sworn that I had this in my "to read" list already. Zusak is my favorite author, and I just noticed that he's now a "goodreads author". Yay!
Jillian
Aug 25, 2014 Jillian marked it as to-read
I am a lost soul until this book comes out. My life is in your hands, Markus. No pressure.
Katie
Oct 19, 2011 Katie marked it as to-read
Why do I have to wait so long???? I would kill for an ARC of this book.

Misty
Apr 19, 2011 Misty marked it as to-read
I can't wait to read this new book when it ones out, I love this author!
Joyzi
Aug 31, 2011 Joyzi marked it as to-read
Shelves: author-aussie
Oh my God!
I can't wait for this one!
I love Markus Zusak.

2012
Diana
Jun 10, 2012 Diana marked it as to-read
592 PAGES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

No wonder it took so long.
Sonja
Nov 04, 2013 Sonja marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
ONE DAY THIS BOOK WILL COME OUT. ONE DAY.
Kilikina
Jun 30, 2012 Kilikina marked it as to-read
"first published December 31st 2035"...lol what
Linna
Apr 07, 2012 Linna marked it as wishlist-to-be-released
What on earth is this going to be about...
Ella
Dec 26, 2014 Ella marked it as to-read
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS.
WHEN IS IT BEING RELEASED?
I NEED IT NOW.
Cari
Apr 01, 2014 Cari marked it as to-read
I need this book... NOW!
Gabrielle
Mar 27, 2014 Gabrielle marked it as to-read
When will this come? I can't handle it!
Henri Mingu
Feb 03, 2011 Henri Mingu marked it as to-read
"It's about a boy.
He's building a bridge.
And he wants that bridge to be something truly great and miraculous."

Teaser seems promising!
Coming from Markus the it probably IS going to be great and miraculous!
The book, that is.. Cant wait!
Yue [Wonder of living]
Markus Zusak better hurry up and finish his book because I need to stitch my heart together after he broke mine in The Book Thief.
Elizabeth
I cannot wait for this book! Been waiting for Markus Zusak to write something new for forever! His writing is always, always delicious and captivating and beautiful. <3
Paulaturner1965live.co.uk
Can anyone tell me if this book is available to buy yet? And I believe Markus has another coming out too. Can anyone confirm this please! Its been too long!
  • The Howling Boy
  • Untitled Standalone
  • The Rest of Us Just Live Here
  • Shaming the Devil
  • Lady Helen and the Dark Days Club (Lady Helen, #1)
  • Untitled
  • Tell the Wind and Fire
  • Begin Again
  • Monster (Monster, #1)
  • Riders
  • Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Goldscryer Saga, #1)
  • Immaculate
  • Untitled (Untitled, #1)
  • Edgling
  • Untitled
  • A History of Glitter and Blood
  • Cybernetic
  • Passenger (Untitled Series #1)
Markus Zusak was born in 1975 and is the author of five books, including the international bestseller, The Book Thief , which is translated into more than forty languages. First released in 2005, The Book Thief has spent a total of 375 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list, and still remains there eight years after it first came out.

His first three books, The Underdog, Fighting Ruben Wolfe
More about Markus Zusak...
The Book Thief I Am the Messenger Getting the Girl (Wolfe Brothers, #3) Fighting Ruben Wolfe (Wolfe Brothers, #2) Underdog (Wolfe Brothers, #1)