Start by marking “Clementine Churchill” as Want to Read:
Clementine Churchill

Clementine Churchill

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Clementine, Lady Spencer-Churchill died in 1979, aged 92. Instantly recognizable as the seemingly serene, cool and derached wife of Winston Churchill she had nonetheless shunned publicity throughout her life. In this biography her daughter, Mary Soames, throws light on her mother, writing of Clementine's 57-year marriage to Winston, her strongly held political views and a ...more
Published June 1st 1979 by Littlehampton Book Services Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Clementine Churchill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clementine Churchill

Relstuart
This book is the story of Clementine Churchill, wife of the legendary Winston Churchill written by their daughter.

If follows Clementine until she marries Churchill and then follows both of them as a dual biography and works in the the story of their children. It is an insightful look into the lives the Churchill's. Their legacy and impact on the 20th century was huge and understanding them and their times is worthwhile.

A couple random things that stood out to me, the suffragettes were surprisi
Corrie
One of the most remarkable and inspirational books I have read recently.
Mandi
I thought this was really interesting. I got a good little bit of British history, a really touching love story (yes there are rumors of the affairs but I chose to not think about them while reading this), and learned a bit about Winston Churchill. I would recommend it!
Andrea Young
This is a great book about Winston and Clemmie because it is mostly their letters to each other, edited and commented on by their daughter. A very personal look at THE MAN. Loved it.
Cecilia Chiolero
It was very interesting. It also gives an insight of how people in power lived, especially at the beginning of last century. Very detailed, but pleasant to read.
Jo
This book is put together through the letters of Clemmie and Winston. It is really personal. I like it. Makes me want to write more to my fam.
Linda
Very interesting, it tells a lot of history of course, but easy to read. clementine was an admirable woman,
Ash
Jun 24, 2012 Ash marked it as wishlist  ·  review of another edition
A Midsummer Night's Dream (The Pelican Shakespeare) by William Shakespeare (2000)
Rhona
Really enjoyed this. Stayed up late into the night to finish.
Noel
After a while got bored reading who she had lunch with.
Carol Simpson
Thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Becky
It's a bear - may take awhile
Leza Buckle
Leza Buckle marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Árni Sigurðsson
Árni Sigurðsson is currently reading it
Nov 14, 2014
Levina
Levina marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Eli
Eli marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Quanjun
Quanjun marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Adele
Adele marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Lana Cop
Lana Cop marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Sanleeott
Sanleeott marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Sandra Starr
Sandra Starr marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
A Daughter's Tale: The Memoir of Winston and Clementine Churchill's Youngest Child Winston and Clementine: The Personal Letters of the Churchills Winston Churchill: His Life As A Painter:  A Memoir By His Daughter Family Album: A Personal Selection from Four Generations of Churchills A Churchill Family Album: A Personal Anthology