Start by marking “The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 4: Stark Disassembled” as Want to Read:
The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 4: Stark Disassembled

The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 4: Stark Disassembled (The Invincible Iron Man #4)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  979 ratings  ·  54 reviews
The World's Most Wanted is now the World's Most does Tony Stark come back from the events of the last year? How CAN he? Is he even alive? Sort of. The Eisner Award-winning title for BEST NEW SERIES gets crazy with STARK: DISASSEMBLED! Collects Iron Man #20-24 and Invincible Iron Man Annual #1.
Published July 29th 2010 by Marvel (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 4

Poor, poor Tony Stark. He’s gone from the Marvel universe pariah to whipping boy to fugitive and don’t get me started on the Illuminati. Meddling egghead bastards! Now, he’s in a coma and it’s Humpty Dumpty time for Iron Man. He’s wiped superhero identity data that was implanted in his mind and it’s time to kick start that brain. “Hey, Pepper, can I have that repulsor ray thing that was surgically inserted into your chest. Thanks, you can have your dental plan back.”

Much of the adventure for Sta
To keep critical info out of the hands of Norman Osborn, Tony Stark has erased his brain and left himself a vegetable. But since he’s a techie, Tony backs up everything, including the contents of his melon, and he’s left a plan in place for some of his friends to reboot him. As everyone works on this, Tony’s personality is stuck in what’s left of his shattered mind, and he’ll need a little help from Dr. Strange to find a way out. There’s also a pesky super villain lurking around to try and kill ...more
Following up on the events of the previous story arc, the superlative The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 2: World's Most Wanted, Book 1 and The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 3: World's Most Wanted, Book 2, in which Tony Stark "deleted" his brain to prevent Norman Osborn getting his hands on the Superhuman Registration database, this book chronicles Tony Stark's return from the brink of death to world of the living.

Wow. You've got to give Matt Fraction major props for this story arc. In "the Real World",
Great story, big imagination on that Fraction fellow, and just to prove a point he's doing none of his humour or weird-headed craziness schtick. Great story. Just wish the art was... cleaner. It's good art, very detailed and lush scenes, but the faces are pretty arse-like.
OK now this is a solid Iron Man book. It picks up just after Tony has shut himself down after his battle with Norman Osborne. Iron Man/Stark/SHIELD/everything Tony had in his mind is gone, so Osborne can't get at the Superhuman Registry and eliminate all the heroes. Unfortunately, Tony has left himself in a vegetative state and it will take the combined efforts of both Captain Americas (Steve Rogers AND Bucky), Thor/Don Blake, Black Widow, Pepper Potts, Maria Hill, and Dr. Strange to bring him b ...more
My Brief Bookshelf Overview: badass-to-the-extreme, feels-realistic-or-credible, mature, sci-fi

During my first attempt at reading this a couple months ago, I actually gave up and moved on to the next volume. But I decided to go back for two reasons: (1.) I wanted to see if I made a premature assessment of the quality of the arc – especially due to the fact that the user average rating is pretty much consistent with previous volumes, and (2.) I told myself that I had discipline enough to finish t
Tarique Ejaz
A vegetable Tony Stark fighting against odds in a self-induced limbo state, trying to revive himself back to the living world makes for a graphic to be read over and over again.

The fact that Tony prepares a hard disk of his memories to be loaded into his head is a wacky technical aspect of being a walking-talking technological brilliance.

Bringing in the most revered heroes of the Marvel Universe from Doctor Strange to Classic Captain America to help reassemble Tony Stark is a treat.

And the ar
Jan 19, 2012 Mely marked it as read-seq-art
I love how the cover recasts the iconic Tony Stark at Captain America's corpse image, which itself recast the iconic image of the Avengers discovering Captain America in ice.

The two-tone issue covers were also marvelously striking.

That said, the parts of this storyline that dealt with Tony wandering around his inner landscape were disappointing. I felt like there were a few good images drowned in a lot of repetition, and I wanted a lot more depth about Tony's current relationships and friendship
Jeff Lanter
After reading the first hardcover and really enjoying it a couple of years ago, I wanted to come back to Invincible Iron Man particularly after reading a couple Marvel series where the quality dropped over time. It seems that Matt Fraction is perfect for this book and this is also the kind of Iron Man book that I really want to read. The emphasis on technology and the way that this feels a little more "real" than some of the superhero books out there is very appealing.

With that said, this volum
oh, Tony. oh, Matt Fraction. I pretty much hate all storylines where people wander through dreams/spirit worlds in order to have epiphanies or whatever, and I didn't care about Tony's dreams, either. They were pretty repetitive and not as illuminating as they were intended to be. I wish that stuff had been cut way down in favor of (surprise) more angsting on the part of this friends about whether they should bring him back considering what a terrible person he is.
Rachel C.
'What would you think if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends'

I liked this story arc much more than the last one - classic (Iron)Man Against Self… with a little help from his friends. The science… was pretty hand-wavy. Loved the metaphor of the cars and the fish.

The art is still ugly though.
Not as good as 3, but still very good. My poor Pepper. Tony is SUCH AN ASSFACE TO HER. But it was so good to see Maria and Pepper interact some more, especially when they realized WHAT AN ASSFACE TONY IS, and then managed to get past it to get the job done.
Also, I don't believe that stuff about Pepper needing the RT to be as smart and strong as Tony. She proved she doesn't need it in the end of this. I also love that she hasn't gotten over Happy. After everything, she still misses her husband,
This series is BLOWING MY MIND. It is so fracking good!! I was punched in the feels repeatedly. The art is lovely, the plot is fantastic, the characterizations are spot on... Great stuff.
JARVIS and Pepper being friends makes me happy. And Maria and Pepper realizing what an ASSHAT tony is. And ummmmmm most of this run. Yep.

Except for ghost. I wasn't fond of ghost.
En España es el tercero de los tomos deluxe del Iron Man de la pareja Fraction-Larroca. Un Fraction que se ha dejado llevar por lo tópico. Muy aburrido, a ratos infumable.
Noah Soudrette
While this is still an entertaining entry in Matt Fraction's superb Iron Man series, it simply doesn't live up to the last three. The problem here, as with any story of this type, is that bringing a "dead" superhero back to life tends to be a tedious and underwhelming experience (i.e. Every time they've brought a dead hero back to life). That said, Fraction does the best he can with the story he has to tell, and while he wrote himself into a corner and had no choice but to tell this story, it wa ...more
Tony Stark erased his brain and now needs his friends, including Rhoadie, Pepper Potts, Maria Hill, Captain America, and Dr. Donald Blake (a.k.a. Thor), to help revive him and bring him back from a vegetative state. When they do everything right, but Tony doesn't wake up, its Doctor Strange to the rescue - we hope. Meanhile Madame Masque uses a ghost assassin to kill Stark while he's "mostly dead."
Dicha Rungpitarangsi
Continuity Note: This story arc takes place just before the "Siege" event.
I can only say that Fraction is the man, when it comes to Iron Man. This volume wraps up the "death" of Tony Stark series, with a full on focus on the brilliantly developed supporting cast (Pepper Potts, Rhodey, Maria Hill, Black Widow) all the way to guest appearance by Cap, Thor and Doctor Strange. Each classic character is given a role and each has a fully realized personality that shows Fraction knows his Marvel while managing to make them each fresh and engaging for the reader.

Great stuff,
This book provides a look into the psyche of Tony Stark. He is brain dead and needs the help of his friends to jump start his hole self. After the events of the Civil War and the Skrull Invasion this was a chance to literally reboot Stark. The story is half in Tony's mind and the other tales place in Oklahoma. Pepper and Maria provide a good human element to the comic especially when they realize both slept with Stark. Tony is lucky with the friends who show up to help him like Steve Rogers, Tho ...more
I can't get enough of this series.
Indah Threez Lestari
How to bring back Tony Stark from the brain-dead vegetable condition.

Perlu Thor, Captain America, War Machine dan Doctor Strange untuk mengembalikannya ke dunia nyata. Salah satu kesalahan besar Tony Stark adalah, ia tidak membackup isi otaknya setiap hari, sehingga data yang diupload ke benaknya adalah data lama sebelum ia mengupgrade dirinya dengan Ekstremis. Yang berarti, long-long time ago... before Civil War.

Tony jadi seperti orang yang amnesia sebagian. Tapi jalan cerita jadi malah makin m
An overlong coda to the previous arc where Stark makes himself stoopid. Not bad, but felt like filler. Nothing to really revel in here.

Somewhat interesting that there's a certain parallel with Rhodey's visit to the astral plane to heal himself (guided by Alpha Flight's Shaman, not Dr Strange) in the late 190s, and also the Ghost appearing too, who cropped up in the early 200s. Confirms my belief that nothing interesting happened in Iron Man for about 15 years.
The art was fine and the story was interesting. I really like the interconnectedness of the Marvel 616 Universe, and this volume is a good example of it. I was less enamoured the story aspects in Tony Stark’s mind and Dr Strange’s role in it, but you take what you like with what you like less and it was not bad per say. The ending (sort of) restores the status quo (as is with many heroes returning stories), so the enjoyment is more in the journey than the ending.
OK like, for me, this might be around the part in this run of Iron Man where I feel like I'm penalized for not having read any of the Marvel Civil War stuff, because like seriously what. Which I mean... sure, that's on me for not being a totally dedicated Marvel fan, but up until this point I felt like this series was pretty newbie friendly. OH WELL, I'm still gonna keep reading cuz I still like Iron Man & pals. And I especially like Pepper in this!!
Khairul H.
Tony Stark has his comatose brain reset because he saw it fit to prepare a backup disk of his brain for just this eventuality (this awesome absurdity is why I read superhero comics. I mean, c'mon! A backup disk of your brain?) Add some magical help from Dr. Strange and ol' Shell-head is back and is smart again. It's all too pat for my tastes but Fraction's pacing still manages to keep the story interesting so I'll hang on to this title for now.
He's disassembled. He's reassembled. Some freaky mystical stuff happens. There are lots of explosions. It's pretty fun, assuming you like contemporary steroid superhero comics. Which I do, for fun. If you don't, you'll hate this. I really should be reading better things for my mind, but to be honest reading this was a great way to pass the time during a cardio workout at the gym. So that's about it as far as this comic goes, I think.
  • Iron Man: Director Of S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • Captain America: Reborn
  • The Avengers, Volume 2
  • Thor, Vol. 2
  • Iron Man: Demon in a Bottle
  • Thor/Iron Man: God Complex
  • The Invincible Iron Man: Extremis
  • X-23, Vol. 2: Chaos Theory
  • Captain Marvel, Vol. 2: Down
"How he got started in comics: In 1983, when Fraction was 7 years old and growing up in Kansas City, Mo., he became fascinated by the U.S. invasion of Grenada and created his own newspaper to explain the event. "I've always been story-driven, telling stories with pictures and words," he said.

Education and first job: Fraction never graduated from college. He stopped half a semester short of an art
More about Matt Fraction...

The Invincible Iron Man (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 1: The Five Nightmares
  • The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 8: Unfixable
  • The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 9: Demon
  • The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 10: Long Way Down
  • The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 11: The Future
Hawkeye, Vol. 1: My Life as a Weapon Sex Criminals, Vol. 1: One Weird Trick Hawkeye, Vol. 2: Little Hits Sex Criminals #1: Suzie Down in the Quiet Hawkeye, Vol. 3: L.A. Woman