Start by marking “Thomas and the Jet Engine” as Want to Read:
Thomas and the Jet Engine

Thomas and the Jet Engine

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Gordon loves to remind everyone that "he "is the fast and important train. But one day, Thomas is given a very special job: he is taking a jet engine to the airport. When the engine is switched on by accident, suddenly Thomas is the "very "fast and "very "important train!
Beginning readers will enjoy the simple text full of action words ("zip!") and action sounds ("zoom!")
Published January 13th 2009 by Turtleback Books

To ask other readers questions about Thomas and the Jet Engine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thomas and the Jet Engine

Alicia Scully
Thomas doesn't get along with another engine because they have a rivalry about who's the fastest engine. Thomas is transporting a jet engine one day and he shows everyone how fast he can really go.

The book was cute I suppose, and it will add some vocabulary and some discussions about jets and why they're transporting pieces, but the overall point of the book really didn't make sense to me. There was a rivalry that Thomas only won by essentially cheating and then we made fun of the other engine
Rosanna
My son really likes this book. We've probably read it 15 times. What I love about it: there are plenty of animals and other familiar things for him to point out as we're reading. He's 2 and not very verbal, so to hear him point and say "sheep", "bird", and "plane" just makes my day. I see a lot more Thomas books in his future!
Molly
Ok I was not expecting much but it did have all of the Thomas charaters we know and it gave me a better idea of Step Into Readings level one. They have short sentences but a very big print. Ages 3+
Markus
Not a Thomas fan. The characters are all so similar that it feels like there's only three or four. I like trains as much as the next guy, but can't get into this series at all.
Modboy
Simple words for beginning readers. However, the plot is overly simple too: The jet engine Thomas is carrying is turned on. Whoosh! Thomas disses Gordon.
Sally Tice
Funny easy

this book was funny, easy to read, my son said it is good for kids that don't know how to read
May
One of my nephew's favorite books but then again, he likes anything that has to do with Thomas!
Brittney
This book is a great beginner book. Age Preschool - Kindergaten
Misha
Luc loved reading this book and did very well. He gave it 5 stars.
Julie
S likes this one and how Gordon is full of hot air.
Tiffany
Ben's first ebook that he read all by himself.
Theresa
learning to control impulses
Micah
Gordon thought he was faster than Thomas but Thomas didn't think Gordon was going to beat him. Thomas had to pick up a jet engine to put it to the airport. Sir Tophamhat said a jet engine is like the balloon that zooms when it is let go. Thomas made the jet engine go like, "Whoosh." I liked the guy that called out about the runaway train.

[reviewed by a 6 year old, typed by his mama]
Judy
5 stars because Mikey liked it. My grandson highly approves any books about trains and especially those books in which the words Zoom! Vroom! and Whoosh! appear.
Tricia
Typical Thomas the Train early reader--this one has cool sound effects like "zoom" and "click" and "whoosh" and "peep". Exciting, for sure.
Whitney
Whitney marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Jared L Scott
Jared L Scott is currently reading it
Mar 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Uh-Oh! (Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs) Thomas' Night Before Christmas (Thomas & Friends) X Marks the Spot (Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs: ) Into the Bucket (Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs) Thomas and the Treasure: And Other Stories