Start by marking “The Viscount Who Loved Me - Cinta Sang Viscount (Bridgertons, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Viscount Who Loved Me - Cinta Sang Viscount (Bridgertons, #2)

The Viscount Who Loved Me - Cinta Sang Viscount (Bridgertons #2)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  35,411 Ratings  ·  1,376 Reviews
Tahun 1814 akan menjadi season yang paling menjanjikan, tapi Penulis rasa tidak demikian halnya menurut Anthony Bridgerton yang merupakan bujangan paling sulit ditaklukkan di seantero London, yang selama ini tak menunjukkan minat sedikit pun untuk menikah.
Tapi sebenarnya, mengapa pula dia harus menunjukkan minatnya? Dia toh sudah terkenal sebagai playboy paling ulung...

Lem
Published 2010 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published December 5th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Viscount Who Loved Me - Cinta Sang Viscount, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Beatriz Penazzi Three kids and one of them was named Edmund (the name of Anthony's father)

NiCoLeTa E.
Another wonderfull story from Julia Quinn and the Bridgertons!!!

This time was Antony's turn and it was equal interesting and pleasant as Daphne's!!!
Antony is the older of all the Bridgertons and he has the title of viscount.
I will admit that in the first book, i didn't like him very much because he was making Simon and Daphne's life really hard, but i forgive him because he is her older brother and he was just worried about her well-being...

(I'm always at your service, my lovely Viscount!!!)

So
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

From The Cover

1814 promises to be another eventful season, but not, This Author believes, for Anthony Bridgerton, London's most elusive bachelor, who has shown no indication that he plans to marry. And in all truth, why should he? When it comes to playing the consummate rake, nobody does it better...
--Lady Whistledown's Society Papers, April 1814

My Review:

Well, wow! What a great read. I love it when an author can take me from hating the hero in the first chapter to adoring him by the last, and t
Rane
Viscount Anthony Bridgerton feels he’s running out of time, thinking he would die young like his father, decided to finally marry and sire an heir before his young death. When he picks out the beauty of the season, he feels everything would go smoothly, he would have a agreeable marriage with no risk to his heart….that is until he meets his intended’s older sister. Kate Sheffield will not have a well-known rake like Anthony anywhere near her sister! Doing everything in her power to prevent a mar ...more
Catarina
4,5 Scared Stars.

Anthony just knows he’s going to die young. He’s father and uncle did, so why wouldn’t he?
So because of that, the only things he wants he’s a loveless marriage just to provide an heir to whom he can give his title of Lord. So, when he dies, his future wife won’t suffer because there was never love between them. (Yes, freaking amazing logic here!)
He already has a girl picked out: she is perfect for the role and he knows that there’s no way he ends up falling for her. There’s on
Shawna
5 stars – Historical/Regency Romance

Although I didn't enjoy this quite as much as The Duke and I, it's a heartwarming, funny, and charming romance with an amusing H/H. I really disliked Anthony in The Duke And I, and I thought he was an overbearing, judgmental jerk most of the time. So I wasn't sure how I'd feel about him in this, and although he acted like an indignant ass towards Kate for a large part of the story and was still bossy towards his siblings, I understood his motivations and actio
Ronyell
Viscount

After reading the first book in Julia Quinn’s fantastic “Bridgerton” series, The Duke and I I just had to check out the second book in series “The Viscount Who Loved Me” and man, was I blown away by this book!

Anthony Bridgerton, who is well-known as being London’s most notorious rake, takes London by storm when he decides that he wants to get married and he has his sights set on Edwina Sheffield. However, Anthony will soon realize that this is not an easy task as he has to impress Edwina’s older
Erika
“If I might offer you a piece of advice?” Colin said, munching on his walnut.
“You might not,” Anthony replied. He looked up. Colin was chewing with his mouth open. As this had been strictly forbidden while growing up in their household, Anthony could only deduce that Colin was displaying such poor manners only to make more noise. “Close your damned mouth,” he muttered.
Colin swallowed, smacked his lips, and took a sip of his tea to wash it all down. “Whatever you did, apologize for it. I know yo
Ally
Mar 18, 2016 Ally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So look, when your life is challenging and you need a safe place to rest, Bridgertonville is the best. It's a break from it all. While I can't say this was the best in the series for me, it was pretty wonderful.

The heroine was my favorite of the two. She's tough, caring, a little wounded and wonderful. She had a healthy relationship with her family....no evil villains there, thanx be to dog. And speaking of dogs, she had a corgi. How the hell can I not love a woman with a corgi?

The hero, Anthony
Jenny

Wow! Just wow! This was my first book by Julia Quinn and I am definitely going to read more by her! Thank you Kainat for recommending this book to me, I don't think your recommendations could ever go wrong and this was one amazing read! I haven't read the first book in the series, but I don't think it affected my reading experience of this book so it was totally fine.

This book is quite different from what I've read in past. Usually the characters fall in love instantly, or at least there's some
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
Actual rating: 2.5*

So... The Viscount Who Loved Me. The name itself is a spoiler, I believe. Because Anthony is so fucking sure he can control whether he falls in love or not, and Kate just bloody knows no man, especially a handsome and rakish Viscount, could ever fall in love with her. And so it begins, as I eye roll for the first but not last time.

But let's be fair. I have never and probably never will claim not to be able to enjoy a cheesy, stereotypical and predictable romance. Sometimes I j
Sara ♥
April 7-13, 2013
WOW! That took me almost a week to get through! That's pretty sad! Of course, I watched two seasons of Downton Abbey in that time frame as well... And I'd read the last quarter of the book again only about a month ago, so....

Anyway, I reread the ending of this book quite frequently, but I'd forgotten some of the stuff from the beginning! SO CUTE!!! LOVE this book!

September 1-2, 2010

April 1, 2007
This was the first Julia Quinn book I ever read (even though it's the second in the se
Ashley
I'm sure as fellow book readers you will understand what I mean when I say that sometimes books make you do bad things for your health and safety.

I've had a cold since Monday and sleep is something I should be getting plenty of right now. I headed to bed on time for once last night, and settled in about 10:15 PM with my copy of this e-book, figuring I'd read for five minutes or so and then turn in. There aren't many books these days, even my favorites, that can overcome my love of sleep. But for
Eastofoz
Sep 15, 2008 Eastofoz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall it’s good but I didn’t really like Anthony all that much –he was too “hot” or “bossy” or something at times, can’t quite put my finger on it. I liked Kate and I felt sorry for her, but I thought she could have had more inner strength especially towards Anthony. There are a few scenes where you get teary eyed because of some very strong emotions that surface. Lady Whistledown is a riot yet again!

The story itself is very well-written with a lot of fun smiling moments. Could’ve had some mor
Dreamer
Jun 19, 2016 Dreamer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
That was splendid !! I'm having such a blast reading this series * Grins * God bless you Julia Quinn !
(Nat) Reading Romances
Who would figure a bee would be so important?

Another rake story? Nope. In fact, the plot does present a redeemed rake plus a heroine that is never weak, the tension between them is electrifying. The book starts in a hearbreaking manner, with one of the saddest prologues I've ever read - I cried. In the end Julia Quinn justifies that choice, which comforted me a little.

"He was the firstborn Bridgerton of a firstborn Bridgerton of a firstborn Bridgerton eight times over. He had a dynastic respons
Jasmin
Are you in a melancholic mood? Perhaps feeling distressed or unusually sad? Then I have the perfect cure for you. Read this book. Sadness will be gone. However, side effects include stomach ache (increased laughing). Therapeutic claims not approved. Haha, I sound like a commercial.

Anthony Bridgerton, the oldest of eight siblings had always feared and convinced himself that he will die at an age younger than his father's death. He kept his fears to himself though. But being a viscount, he had a
jenjn79
Mar 08, 2010 jenjn79 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
Rating: 4.5 / 5

I really enjoyed this book. I've been a bit so-so on Quinn lately as her last few books haven't really captivated me. But I wanted to read the Bridgerton series and finally have time to work on it. I'm glad I did read this one. It really kept me reading from the first page to the last.

Series Note:
Second book in the Bridgerton series. I read the first one a few years back and don't remember a lot of the details, but this one still made sense. So I wouldn't say you have to read the
Pamela(AllHoney)
Anthony Bridgerton leaned back in his leather chair,...and then announced, "I'm thinking about getting married."
Benedict Bridgerton, who had been indulging in a habit his mother detested—tipping his chair drunkenly on the back two legs—fell over.
Colin Bridgerton started to choke.
Luckily for Colin, Benedict regained his seat with enough time to smack him soundly on the back, sending a green olive sailing across the table.
It narrowly missed Anthony's ear."

The second book in the Bridgertons se
Carla *Jen7waters*
I'm pretty sure the Bridgertons series is going to be one of my favorites of the year and certainly one of my favorites ever, why, you ask? Well, because it's fun, entertaining, and ridiculously addictive! It doesn’t matter if the characters and the storylines are similar, or if I know how it will end - what keeps me going are those great scenes with the hero and heroine going at each other's throats, and Julia positively rocks writing them.
In this one, the hero, Anthony, is the typical torment
Cassandra Dexter Colby
Enaguas agradables, con momentos hot cuando tocan y un trasfondo un tanto dramático que ha llegado a agobiarme personalmente, pero eso son cosas mías XDDDD
Feb 28, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ay, Anthony <3

Me ha gustado tanto este libro como el anterior de la serie. Vuelve a ser uno de esos libros con los que sabes lo que vas a encontrarte al leerlo, y aún así es capaz de sorprender. Ha sido justo lo que necesitaba.

Me ha encantado la relación de Anthony y Kate desde el prinipio, esas conversaciones irónicas me ganan siempre, qué le voy a hacer ^^. Me gusta cómo pasan de esa enemistad a la amistad y a algo más después, y me parece que la transición está muy bien conseguida.

La fa
StMargarets
This is my favorite of the Bridgerton novels (I've only read about five of them so that might change).

I really liked Anthony and I understood his worries about his own mortality. I loved how he fell for the "plain" sister and how he accepted their forced marriage with equanimity. But I especially liked the croquet match and the mallet of death. The family and couple dynamics in that scene are delicious. (My e-book had a second epilogue where said mallet reappears).

Anthony's angst was balanced w
张美铃
Sep 13, 2016 张美铃 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book-- I think two nightly reading sessions that lasted until 4am clearly show this! Perhaps, I even enjoyed this book more than the first book in the series. The characters of Anthony and Kate felt so much more complex and real to me than Daphne and Simon. I did enjoy Daphne and Simon's story, but I guess I just could connect better to Kate and Anthony. Especially Kate, she is so strong and relatable (she doesn't find herself attractive, cares about her family, doesn't thi ...more
Amanda
“Her brown eyes, wise and warm and undeniably perceptive, focused on his. For one split moment he had the bizarre thought that she somehow knew everything about him, every last detail from the moment of his birth to his certainty of his own death. It seemed, in that second, with her face tipped up toward his and her lips slightly parted, that she, more than anyone else who would ever walk this earth, truly knew him.”

Well thank goodness I decided to stick with Julia Quinn in spite of the lacklu
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
+ mini review of The Viscount who Loved Me Epilogue: Part Two

THE VISCOUNT WHO LOVED ME is the second book in the Bridgerton series and this book has come to be one of my all-time favourite historical romances! Quinn is the queen of witty and snarky dialogue and she really goes above and beyond with this one. Anthony, the eldest son of the Bridgeton and Kate have amazing chemistry, even as they exchange snide remarks and the occasional elbow jabs and kicks. I just love it when they go toe to toe.
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)

Before I actually review this book, I have to comment on the cover. What the fuck is up with the sword? There are no swords in this book. None. Zero swords. Unless you mean metaphorical swords.
Ana
Apr 18, 2015 Ana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*4,75

2015 Reading Challenge 7/50 "A book by a female author"

I really enjoyed this couple!! They made me laugh a lot and I loved their hate-love relationship in the beggining!
Angie
Sigh. This is my third (fourth?) Quinn and I can only say I truly enjoyed one of them ( The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever). It somehow narrowly avoided alternately pissing me off and boring me to tears like the others.

This one was trundling along fine until the scene in his freaking study when he THROWS THE KEY ON THE FLOOR. At which point, I was like, Dude, I will see you in hell, and washed my hands of him. There was just no coming back from that for me. And, yeah, it probably was mo
Filipa
Feb 24, 2014 Filipa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Desde que conheci esta série com o primeiro volume: "Paixões e caprichos" em que, cada volume retrata a vida naquele momento de um dos filhos de uma matriarca de oito, que, ainda não sei dizer qual dos filhos o meu preferido. No primeiro conheci a Daphne, neste conheci, Anthony.

Anthony é o típico irmão super protector e que, após a morte do pai, chamou a si a responsabilidade de tomar conta de todos os irmãos e mãe. Papel que leva EXTREMAMENTE a sério.

Neste livro, Anthony, conhecido por querer v
Nisha
Nov 25, 2012 Nisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves great chemistry between the H/H with a dash of wit
2nd read (Jan 2010):

I loved it. Again. More so than the first time, really. I've even changed it from 4 to 5 stars. This is one of those plain heroines paired with a hot member of the peer books, and it works well. Anthony Bridgerton is quite the man. He is responsible and smart and thinks that he's going to die before he reaches 38, therefore feels that he should not love. Kate Sheffield, is the plain sister of the incomparable Edwina. Hard to live with that. Plus she has her own fear of thunde
  • It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2)
  • Slightly Dangerous (Bedwyn Saga, #6)
  • The Perfect Rake (The Merridew Sisters, #1)
  • At the Bride Hunt Ball (Devine & Friends, #1)
  • What I Did For a Duke (Pennyroyal Green, #5)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • Lord of Fire (Knight Miscellany, #2)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4)
  • And Then He Kissed Her (Girl Bachelors, #1)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and in 2001 she did so in grand style, competing on the the game show The Weakest Link and walking away with the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British an ...more
More about Julia Quinn...

Bridgertons (8 books)
  • The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons #7)
  • On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)

“Love's about finding the one person who makes your heart complete. Who makes you a better person than you ever dreamed you could be. Its about looking in the eyes of your wife and knowing all the way to your bones that she's simply the best person you've ever known.” 497 likes
“Suddenly it was too hard to be in his presence, too painful to know that he would belong to someone else.” 147 likes